Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:44:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Any way to replicate the Mario 64 mission screen in Unity?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any way to replicate the Mario 64 mission screen in Unity?  (Read 3690 times)
7ElevenKevin
Level 0

Funny Monke

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2023, 07:16:39 AM »

SMB Question So since I'm making a 2D Collectathon, I wanna try to replicate the mission menu from Mario 64 where you can choose which mission you want to do (As opposed to searching and figuring it out yourself in Rareware games/Mario Odyssey). Unfortunately, it's a really specific thing to ask for since the only results I get for YouTube tutorials are just on how to make a basic level select menu (I'm that inexperienced). With that said, I need some advice, any advice, on how I can try and figure this out. I know for a fact that there isn't a tutorial that just gives it to me straight, so maybe a list of tutorials to take reference from would be appreciated. Thanks SMB Question

7ElevenKevin the Monkey Man
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 01:25:27 PM »

you can use a game object with a textmesh object for the text, and use a game object with a 3d mesh for the stars. I'm not sure what unity's image class is, I wrote my own.

Uppitydonkey57
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 11:43:39 AM »

if the graphic isn't it's own scene then you could use a colored raw image as a background. you could also use buttons for the stars with the default graphic swapped with a star graphic, you could then connect the inputs of the star buttons to whatever your scene manager is. You can figure out how to do any of these individual things with the many menu tutorials there are for Unity. Good luck!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic