Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:50:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFor Evelyn II | Demo | A story-driven adventure RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: For Evelyn II | Demo | A story-driven adventure RPG  (Read 1320 times)
Kisuarts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2023, 06:34:32 AM »

For Evelyn II is a game that I started making around a year ago. The demo is now out and I'm going to be working on the full game for the coming year full-time. I would like to hear general feedback and also thoughts on the graphical style, story presentation and gameplay. The game is being made with Unity using Adventure Creator toolkit.

Trailer

Download on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/2248960/For_Evelyn_II__Shards_of_Creation/
Download on Itch.io https://kisuarts.itch.io/for-evelyn-2

For Evelyn II continues the story several months after the first game's events. War has broken out all across Aura and The Watcher Order has gathered in the safety of Whitescar Castle. Blood magic runs rampant and something stirs in the shadows. The Watchers alone stand as a beacon of hope and safety amidst the chaos. This era is closing, and how the future unfolds is up to you.

How far are you willing to go to protect the ones you love?

• The game will bring a unique twist in its graphical style, mixing both 2D and 3D assets in a way that it will all blend together nicely.
  • A game world created with care, with each and every object individually hand placed to show special detail.
  • Doing objectives will increase The Order's effectiveness and unlock more areas to explore, which is required to advance the story.
  • Story-driven game with voiced cutscenes
  • Classic adventuring and exploration
  • RPG Elements, leveling, training your abilities, etc.
  • Meaningful choices in dialogue
  • Retro pixel art graphics

This is not a place of happy endings.
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 01:51:41 AM »

The art-style that you have here is quite charming! ^_^

Kisuarts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 12:02:24 PM »

The art-style that you have here is quite charming! ^_^

Thank you, I've heard that a lot! I'm still modifying some graphical assets, but the pixel sprites and the pixelated textures are definitely a thing I'm going for. Even one of my past teachers complimented this style how it works surprisingly well, and he is a pro. Even if some people don't like this style, I still think I'm on the right path Smiley

This is not a place of happy endings.
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 01:08:26 PM »

In all fairness, I don't think that there is any style that everyone likes! Thus pretty much any given style will likely have at least some detractors.

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 07:29:29 PM »

Kisuarts,

I played your demo.

What I liked:
- The art style is pretty unique.  It reminds me of Xenogears
- I like it when I can actually make dialog choices in an RPG

What could use some work:
- That intro cut scene is pretty long and it threw a lot of proper nouns that I couldn't keep up with
- The start of the demo didn't really have a hook to keep me invested.  The first bit of game play was tediously putting out fires with a water bucket
- As soon as I entered a combat zone I got jumped by 2 enemies and died
- Some of the dialog is a bit odd.  Like calling a tall woman "Mommy" in the middle of a war zone

I think it's got a lot of promise.  An intro hook is very important to keep players invested.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic