Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 04:11:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCHROMOSOME EVIL 2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: CHROMOSOME EVIL 2  (Read 8950 times)
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2023, 09:12:40 PM »

That's a ton of work, so Kudos !
Also it must mean you have a pretty good editor to work with !
Best of luck getting everything in time with the launch & the launch of EA itself

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2023, 06:14:57 AM »

Nice! 4 days left!

3 days left  Cool

Working hard on making some travel maps now.

I polished all the old sprites

I like this very much. Can I suggest some small animations ? Maybe some birds passing by or somting to make it look more alive

Good luck with the release
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2023, 10:12:26 AM »

That's a ton of work, so Kudos !
Also it must mean you have a pretty good editor to work with !
Best of luck getting everything in time with the launch & the launch of EA itself

Thank you!

I like this very much. Can I suggest some small animations ? Maybe some birds passing by or somting to make it look more alive

Good luck with the release

Noted!
Thank you!

-------------------------------

We just released in Early Access on Steam

LINK:   https://store.steampowered.com/app/2529770/Chromosome_Evil_2/

I want to say more but I am pressed with time, I will update later, I am still new to Early Access

Gentleman

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2023, 03:34:36 PM »

How has it been going so far?

I'm not 100% convinced with the trailer. The gameplay section where the zombies get killed shows that enemies just vanish into thin air, there is no death animation. Blood splatters do remain, but killing a zombie could be more satisfying. I did look at this in more detail, as it's what interested me most. Then the zooming out comes and I wonder why this isn't done smoothly?

Sorry to be throwing this on you, I am sure you have enough to do. But if I don't write it now, I probably never will.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2023, 05:30:16 PM »

How has it been going so far?

I'm not 100% convinced with the trailer. The gameplay section where the zombies get killed shows that enemies just vanish into thin air, there is no death animation. Blood splatters do remain, but killing a zombie could be more satisfying. I did look at this in more detail, as it's what interested me most. Then the zooming out comes and I wonder why this isn't done smoothly?

Sorry to be throwing this on you, I am sure you have enough to do. But if I don't write it now, I probably never will.

The trailer was rushed. Made it in 1 hour.
As for killing zombies we now have damaged states and body parts and all that nice stuff but we did not had time to update the trailer.

We made a lot of mistakes during this EA but we had to because of external factors.

Here are some of the mistakes we knew about but had to ignore:
1. lots of people do not buy games in Early Access
2. we released the game at the same time as the Steam Autumn sale
3. we released EA without any Discount
4. we did not invest in marketing much this time, for EA we mostly relied on our existing fanbase

All these mistakes are acceptable to us since our main goal will be achieved no matter what.
Main goal: to sell 500 units by the end of this month.

But, the one problem we did not anticipate:

we did not set the release date for EA we thought we only needed to set it for the Steam release so our date was 22 February 2024, this resulted in losing the 2 weeks before the release Steam visibility boost

I truly hope this will not affect the full release since for that we have a main goal of 2500 units in the first month of release(February)

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2023, 11:26:14 PM »

Ouch... not having that visibility hurts. You now need to get as many positive reviews as possible or you lose visibility on Steam really quickly. Probably would be good to engage with that negative review in a positive way.

The trailer is the main selling point. The only thing most people will ever know about your game. It is more important than fixing any of your current bugs/issue.  Maybe even get someone else to make the trailer?I'm saying this, because I know I would want to tackle issues and work on the game.

Are you 100% sure you have to go through with a February release? It seems really rushed. You could make more out of Early Access if you give it some time and build a community. If you can't get more people playing in EA, I don't think Steam will give you much presence on release.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2023, 11:50:56 PM »

I don't need reviews during EA so badly but they will be critical after the full release

On February yes I must go with the release as for community I am fine, we already have a community on Discord

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2023, 12:15:51 AM »

OK, best of luck! I failed to create a larger community and could not get my review count up quickly enough.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2023, 12:33:31 AM »

OK, best of luck! I failed to create a larger community and could not get my review count up quickly enough.

I know it's hard, we took 5 years during the first Chromosome Evil to create our community but in the end its worth it.

If not for it we would have had a total failure right now.

However you can bring a spark of life to your game even now, try finding games with a similar audience as yours and make a Steam bundle with them

robotkitten
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2023, 08:59:13 AM »

Thanks for sharing your sketches earlier.  It's validating that mine are also "Microsoft Paint" style for the initial version.
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2023, 05:34:30 PM »

Thanks for sharing your sketches earlier.  It's validating that mine are also "Microsoft Paint" style for the initial version.

Glad to be of help

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2023, 03:57:09 PM »

Fake emails
Fake channels(only AAA uploads and no activity in +8 months)
Scammers
and so on ...

I just released Chromosome Evil 2 in Early access 5 days ago and I got around 70 emails with key requests. 90% of them are scammers asking for 2-3 keys or from Curators that just want to make giveaways or re-sell the keys so ... maybe some of you do not know this but I am a lvl 999 troll so I answered all of them with fake keys:))))))) KARMA!

My Word!

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2023, 10:27:27 PM »

Good one !

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2023, 01:59:10 PM »

I just released Chromosome Evil 2 in Early access 5 days ago and I got around 70 emails with key requests. 90% of them are scammers asking for 2-3 keys or from Curators that just want to make giveaways or re-sell the keys so ... maybe some of you do not know this but I am a lvl 999 troll so I answered all of them with fake keys:))))))) KARMA!

You leveled up from lvl 999 troll to lvl 1000 troll Wink Congratulations again for the launch and all the best to you and your partner in crime for the EA period!

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2023, 09:11:28 AM »

@Ramos:  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2024, 02:18:52 PM »

Good one !

Thank you!

You leveled up from lvl 999 troll to lvl 1000 troll Wink Congratulations again for the launch and all the best to you and your partner in crime for the EA period!

Thank you Alain !

@Ramos:  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

----------------------

So today I activated the first visibility round during EA, at the end of my EA experience I will probably make a public case study.

FUll release I hope it will be at the end of February.

Meantime we work on content.

And since I am a big fan of Tremors movie:

Gentleman

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2024, 02:29:23 PM »

Nice, I love Tremors as well Smiley

Flenn
Level 0

Composer musician

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2024, 04:32:47 PM »

Hello Ramos, your game CHROMOSOME EVIL 2 caught my attention, I would like to participate in the creation of the soundtrack and / or sounds, I leave you my demo reel.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C11xOvWgVsO/?hl=es-la
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2024, 02:39:07 PM »

Nice, I love Tremors as well Smiley

Oldies but goldies

Hello Ramos, your game CHROMOSOME EVIL 2 caught my attention, I would like to participate in the creation of the soundtrack and / or sounds, I leave you my demo reel.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C11xOvWgVsO/?hl=es-la

I bet you say this to everyone  Cheesy

-------------------------------------------------------------

So we have decided, that next month we will leave Early Acces and go for the full release

Gentleman

« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 03:15:59 PM by Ramos » Logged

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2024, 03:03:56 AM »

So we have decided, that next month we will leave Early Acces and go for the full release

That's great news! Looking forward to it!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic