Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:15:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsAI Game Jam | July 7-9
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: AI Game Jam | July 7-9  (Read 3736 times)
simonini_thomas
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2023, 05:33:51 AM »

Hey there, we’re organizing our first Open Source AI Game Jam where you’ll create your game using AI tools.

Claim Your Spot in the Game Jam! Sign Up Here!: https://itch.io/jam/open-source-ai-game-jam

We created this event because we believe in the power of AI to empower game developers in their creativity. In this jam, you're encouraged to incorporate modern AI tools within your game or as part of your workflow.

For instance

- Create innovative gameplay: use an Automatic Speech Recognition model to control your character with your voice.
- Use AI tools in your workflow: by using AI voice actors such as Coqui to generate voice dialogs in your game.

These are just some examples but the possibilities are limitless. We can't wait to see the incredible projects you'll create using AI.

Quick info:
When? July 7 to 9
For who? Open to all skill levels
How much? Free
Where? Online

Claim Your Spot in the Game Jam! Sign Up Here!: https://itch.io/jam/open-source-ai-game-jam

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me,
flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 08:54:27 AM »

Those thinking of making public games that use generative AI tools whose training data was scraped from the internet copyrighted data and all, I wouldn't. I mean, it's a legal gray area at present; you could get away with it the same way you could get away with using Napster when file-sharing technology was new. But look at the lawsuits against Midjourney and Stability AI. Such tools are arguably unethical (that goes for anything that scrapes its training data from the internet. ChatGPT, etc) and though I don't know how things will play out when the law catches up with the tech, if you want to stay ahead of the curve, I would be shunning such tools.
Adobe Firefly, which is in beta, promises to be an ethical alternative to Midjourney and Stable Diffusion so I'm waiting for that.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic