Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 01:07:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWould love some feedback for my minecraft-inspired miniature
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Would love some feedback for my minecraft-inspired miniature  (Read 4122 times)
Mooravioli
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2023, 02:19:05 AM »

Hello everyone, I am new here to the forum, so go easy on me.

This is the first piece I want to share and it's called "minisymphony"

All thoughts are welcomed!

Anthono220
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 07:23:11 AM »

This is a pretty neat little tune, I must say. This piece reminds me of those happy little towns in RPGs.

Anthono220 (pronounced Anthono-two-twenty)
Mooravioli
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 07:58:47 PM »

thank you truly for this  Smiley
maybe something like pelican town from stardew?
MoritzPGKatz
Level 3

"Was he an animal, that music could move him so?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 12:45:37 PM »

Thanks for sharing, that was fun and cute Smiley

I liked the melody in the beginning, then the music kinda wanders off... then that modulation in the middle caught me off guard, pretty jazzy Smiley

Overall I get the impression of a certain aimlessness, which can totally be a good thing!
Yeah it's like wandering through a town, but it feels like our hero has no actual destination, if you know what I mean? The accompaniment, melody, even the harmonies are changing all the time and my ears have a hard time telling what idea to follow. If that's what you were aiming for, then that's totally fair though!

Personally I'd try to implement more recurring melodies, rhythmic motifs – anything that sticks with listeners.
You can make basically make any weird musical idea sound absolutely valid by just repeating it.

Remember that composition starts and ends with the idea behind a piece and what story you want to tell with it, and your music will continue to improve. Don't stop writing  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Arcadian Atlas now on Steam!
>120 minute jazz OST on my Bandcamp
Vinyl pre-orders available
Head of Music at German Wahnsinn Studios
Mooravioli
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 05:03:36 PM »

Hello Moritz, thank you so much for this. You’ve definitely brought the fundamentals back to my attention, which I tend to forget since I am quite melody--centric(at times). I have tried to use motivic transformations here and there in my earlier pieces, but my use to be a little too “academic”(finding balance is very important). Part of the aimlessness elicited by this piece was probably because I didn’t have a clear inspiration either. TBH, I put in “Minecraft-inspired” only because my final product ended up like something from that genre.

Great ear and advice, nonetheless! I’ll have familiarize myself with useful compositional techniques, in order to make full use of my ideas.

Thank you for your encouragement as well.
Montsnoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 12:54:17 AM »

Hello everyone, I am new here to the forum, so go easy on me.

This is the first piece I want to share and it's called "minisymphony"

All thoughts are welcomed!

Thank you for such a tune, sounds very fresh and beautiful выаыаы
Mooravioli
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 09:05:23 PM »

Thank you man, more than glad you enjoyed it.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic