Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 04:59:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[PC][FREE] Square Beats: Groove, dodge obstacles, master the rhythm!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PC][FREE] Square Beats: Groove, dodge obstacles, master the rhythm!  (Read 2217 times)
AndrewLevel100
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2023, 01:02:29 AM »

Similar to the cube, you’ll find yourself immersed in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape where the weather creates colorful shapes and perfectly matches the electrifying rhythms. Your ultimate goal is to carry the cup through difficult obstacles that appear in time and the rhythm of the music. Each section is a unique and fun adventure that challenges your spatial skills and timing. Hand Joystick

The controls are simple yet intuitive, allowing you to smoothly navigate the cube in surprising ways. As the obstacles get stronger with each passing one, your movements will need to be precise. But don’t worry, the game offers difficulties to accommodate casual players and experienced professionals, ensuring a challenge to suit everyone.

In Square Beat, the music is the lifeblood of the game. From catchy electronic tunes to heart-pounding rock tunes, a wide variety of music will accompany you on your adventurous journey. Each track is specifically designed to coordinate with obstacles to provide an immersive experience that keeps you immersed for hours.

As you progress through the levels and master the art of dodging with style, you will be rewarded with unlockable skins for your Cube, customizing its appearance to your liking. Compete against your friends or players around the world on the online leaderboard, striving for the highest score and highlighting your rhythmic abilities. Coffee

DOWNLOAD ON Itch.io: https://andrewlevel100.itch.io/squarebeats

« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 12:29:37 PM by AndrewLevel100 » Logged
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 05:02:02 AM »

There's already a nearly-identical previous post in Townhall about this game. Which of the two would you like to keep?

AndrewLevel100
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 05:21:51 AM »

This one
Illgib81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 02:22:29 PM »

Pretty sick!
I'm not that good at speed obstacles games but seems good so far, i only played the tutorial and the first level.
I would put an epilessy warning though, flashing lights are pretty strong, i'm not affected but was annoyed a bit.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 05:03:13 PM »

Hey Andrew,

I played your game:

AndrewLevel100
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 06:36:46 AM »

Pretty sick!
I'm not that good at speed obstacles games but seems good so far, i only played the tutorial and the first level.
I would put an epilessy warning though, flashing lights are pretty strong, i'm not affected but was annoyed a bit.
Thanks! Did you had some resolution problems? like the death menù or something else?
Illgib81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 09:25:44 AM »

Nope, it have a fixed resolution or use the monitor settings?
AndrewLevel100
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2023, 05:50:53 AM »

Hey Andrew,

I played your game:

Hi jsbarrios, i just updated the game fixing the resolution problem and i added the SNAP option you can enable on settings. So I will be glad if you maybe want to check it out and give me a feedback!
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 08:21:58 PM »

I tried your new version. 

I had no issues with the resolution.

I LOVED the snap controls.  I was able to get to 1200 points on level 1
AndrewLevel100
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 12:22:25 PM »

Just published the trailer on YouTube: