Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:22:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoConsummation Station [cancelled] [maybe NSFW]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Consummation Station [cancelled] [maybe NSFW]  (Read 3590 times)
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:10:21 PM »

My friend and I were working on an idea that I had, but it probably won't get finished in time because I'm packing up all of this week, moving to another state this weekend, and then probably won't have internet for awhile when I get there!  ApoplecticHand Shake Right suck.  So I'm posting what I had and marking it [cancelled].  Lame.

THIS IS JUST A CONCEPT SO ONLY READ ON IF YOU ARE BORRRRED!

Concept: Earth has just been destroyed by a meteor and the last hope for humanity lays with the remaining humans on a space station.  The game is called Consummation Station.

- You float the astronauts around the treacherous space station in zero gravity and pair them up with each other to mate.
- You can pan around the level and move any astronaut at any time.
- Humpy the monkey will hump you.  If you touch him they become paired and you lose that astronaut.
- Electric currents will shock you. (slows you down or removes time from the clock)
- Touching windows will break them and anything near will get sucked into space.
- You have to get a certain number of paired astronauts to complete each level.

There would be lots of floating around, timing, and avoiding things like the water level in TMNT for the NES.

I also started to make a song for it with a Gameboy tracker.  It's not much and the mood isn't nearly sexy enough.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:30:01 PM by savethedinosaurs » Logged

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:56:36 AM »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be pretty sad if this didn't get made! Nice idea, and really nice sprites!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
MultiPigeon
Level 0

Executive Walrus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:56:06 AM »

Three words! INBREEDING IN SPACE!

Seriously though. Charming graphics, charming concept, charming gameplay. I like it.

You're saying that the game is cancelled because you can't finish it before the deadline? Have you concidered to just ignore the deadline and make the game anyway? I have an idea for an adult-themed game but I have no chance of finishing it before the deadline. Though I really like my idea so I'm thinking of making it a very, very late entry. Just for the fun of it.

My creative side is as big as my lazy side.
The possessor of many ideas.
The accomplisher of few.
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 01:50:59 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement guys Grin

It's "cancelled" as far as the competition is concerned, but I would like to keep developing it and make it into a playable something eventually.

Heheh.  Inbreeding In Space would be the sequel once the babies are all grown up, but for now it's cool.  None of the astronauts are relatives.  Yet. 

Giggle

Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 12:28:13 AM »

Whoa, I just noticed there was already an entry about zero gravity space sex.  Sex is better in space!  That has to be fact.  It will be such a let down for everyone if it turns out to be wayyy worse. 

SkyBox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »

That's a great mockup, I'd love to see this brought to full-term. Don't abort it too soon! I want to see it delivered intact and uncut! I think your deadline should be 9 months...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic