Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 04:39:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDavy Jones' Locker, a game for 2–6 players that takes around 60 minutes to play
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Davy Jones' Locker, a game for 2–6 players that takes around 60 minutes to play  (Read 1895 times)
turscog
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2023, 03:06:42 AM »

This is a medium-light game featuring short turns, some take-that, and just enough luck. The aim is to accumulate and maintain the maximum win points.
To be the first to find the landmarks on the board, steer your sailing ship as the "wind" roll permits.
Draw chits for wealth and actions only if your hand is empty. Bury your riches, along with booby traps, to free up that area.
Steal other players' chits by fighting them or digging their riches out with your pirate ship.
To win, be the player with the most points, whether they are in your hand or securely buried behind your Xs.

You may get the PnP here:
https://goo.gl/forms/wB53C95shAWFFiMb2

or this TTS Mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2113567178
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 10:05:44 AM »

Hey turscog,

I printed out your game and tried to convince my family to play.  They weren't willing to try.

I did read over the rule book and I'll give my thoughts about that

- I love the pirate theme and the fact you are actually doing pirate like things throughout the game
- Everything printed out nicely.  I liked that you made double-sided tokens easy to assemble.
- I'm not a huge fan of how tiny the chits that you hold in your hand are.  Even if I use a tile holder like scrabble I feel like my ceiling fan will blow them away.  I think if they were playing card sized it would feel better.  I guess they have to be small so you can make buried treasure piles, so it's understandable.
- The idea of controlling two ships seems complicated.  Especially because one ship is affected by the wind and the other isn't
- Does treasure have to be buried on land?  Or can it be buried anywhere?
- I like that the combat is nice and simple
- I love the idea of laying traps on top of your treasure
- It's odd that the Kraken can be held and used like an item.  I would think that the Kraken attacks as soon as it is drawn from the pile

It seems like fun.  I'll let you know if I run a playtest.
ChristopherHardison
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 04:23:42 AM »

Hey turscog,

I printed out your game and tried to convince my family to play.  They weren't willing to try.

I did read over the rule book and I'll give my thoughts about that

- I love the pirate theme and the fact you are actually doing pirate like things throughout the game
- Everything printed out nicely.  I liked that you made double-sided tokens easy to assemble.
- I'm not a huge fan of how tiny the chits that you hold in your hand are.  Even if I use a tile holder like scrabble I feel like my ceiling fan will blow them away.  I think if they were playing card sized it would feel better.  I guess they have to be small so you can make buried treasure piles, so it's understandable.
- The idea of controlling two ships seems complicated.  Especially because one ship is affected by the wind and the other isn't
- Does treasure have to be buried on land?  Or can it be buried anywhere?
- I like that the combat is nice and simple
- I love the idea of laying traps on top of your treasure
- It's odd that the Kraken can be held and used like an item.  I would think that the Kraken attacks as soon as it is drawn from the pile

It seems like fun.  I'll let you know if I run a playtest.

Have you tried?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic