Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:00:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPost your Gear!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Post your Gear!  (Read 4977 times)
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2023, 07:43:02 AM »

What gear do you use for your setup while you dev/stream/make art/play games?!?

I use 3 monitors on a 3 prong rack mounting system, but they are too wide to display them all horizontally, so the side ones I made vertical for code and chat windows. Also a lot of video editing is for vertical orientation lately, so sometimes I watch a video on the side.

My 3 monitors all have built in speakers and I use voicemeter to pipe the audio to all 3 at once. I still wish I could get it to emulate surround sound but no one can explain how to set that up, so it just mirrors the audio on all 3.

For a mic, I used to use a "Blue Snowball" but that had a lot of hum and was too cheap to be good enough so I bought a "RĂ–DE Podmic USB" which is much better. At some point I may switch to XLR instead of USB but the XLR cables need to convert to USB to attach to the computer so I don't see how that could improve things, right?

For my keyboard I have had for almost 10 years a DASKEYBOARD v4 or v5? I can't remember. I recently bought a nice set of key caps to make it look a bit cooler but its a super nice keyboard that is very tough and doesn't have any problems.

For my main camera I use an OBSBOT 4k which is a camera that can move a little bit to focus on you as your head moves around the room. Its a good buy and high quality, the AI face tracking works well and its better to focus on your face than forcing you to keep your head still.

For my chair, I used to use a dumb GAMER CHAIR but it started to peel and slant to the side so I threw it out and bought an IKEA chair.

I use an amazon basic mouse which is less than 10 bucks.

What is your stuff?!?

Alex N.
Level 1

game dev!? so you play all day?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 08:05:01 AM »

Neat setup. The poop cup is priceless Coffee
When I grow up I'll get myself a mechanical keyboard as well. It's worth it only for the key sounds alone.

This is me. Nothing too fancy, nothing too crazy.
Monitor Asus ProArt, a MUST HAVE for any serious artist out here. The color fidelity is just right. Microphone is Audio-technica and audio interface Evo 4, great for voice acting or radio, and not that expensive. Ofc Boba Fett wobblehead for good luck.

2D Artist & Animator - https://www.behance.net/AlexNae

I used to be here often:
The Underground King  > https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=60979
Game Of Foot  > https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=58338.0
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 12:48:46 AM »

Nice Alex! Its worth treating yourself to a good keyboard, its $100 and you'll have it for at least a decade, imho.

I think the next step for me is to be more dynamic with my monitors: I'd love to get monitors that have touch capacity and are much lighter so I can mount them on arms and move them around as I work. My current monitors are quite static.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic