Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411914 Posts in 69430 Topics- by 58477 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 10, 2024, 10:55:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPachinko Roguelike Deck Builder - Paris Transylvania
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pachinko Roguelike Deck Builder - Paris Transylvania  (Read 2236 times)
OlaAtMagneticlake
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2023, 12:53:08 AM »

Try the early version of Paris Transylvania, a pachinko Roguelike deck builder. Think Peglin <3 + Slay the Spire <3... We are currently adding more cards and relics, whats your thoughts on the current build? The game plays in browser without installation: https://magneticlake.itch.io/paris-transylvania

Any ideas or bugs?
Jupitron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 06:59:26 AM »

Hi!
I'll write as things came to mind:

-Really nice and polished itch page and good impresion on visuals and music, cool transitions.
-I've noticed difference between sharpness and resolution between characters and backgrounds, don't know if an issue of my browser's window or game resolution on my pc.
-At the start of the game I was offered 3 relics that were the same, in that case would be good to give player choice or just give the reward intended.
-Really cool mix of gameplay genres, works pretty well and physics look solid.
-Worked my way through turns and learned how shots worked, maybe a tutorial would be good to explain non experienced players some rules (remember that players come from several backgrounds and skills, do not assume that everyone will read you game and understand it! some will be frustrated) Maybe put some shine on "END TURN" when out of moves.

Really cool idea, it's awesome to see how your attack damage goes up hitting pegs! I think it only lacks on spectacle and juiceness, but overall a really solid game, it suits my style.

Good luck!
OlaAtMagneticlake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 07:29:51 AM »

Thank you for the feedback!

Graphics will be polished further down the line, the sharpness difference stems from early and fast draft low-res background graphics, just compiling ideas to see what works gameplay-wise before I polish too much. Thanks for noticing, it will be heavily improved upon, as well as lots of different backgrounds / unknown events that correspond to the map position. I.e. bridge level on the bridge, woods level in the woods, etc.

I will limit all relic and card selections to contain different and not identical cards. I'm also in the midst of introducing new cards and deck-building functionalities that will make the game deeper and increase the run differences.

Will introduce onboarding to explain with tooltips and end turn highlight, great!

Great to hear that you enjoyed it! Will add to the juiciness and spectacle, and I totally get what you mean, describing probably pretty much how the future version looks in my head Smiley Great feedback!

moriendum
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 07:44:24 PM »

Had a lot of fun playing this Smiley Cool idea, and pachinko physics are very satisfying. Perhaps, the build would look a bit more solid without the Unity footer at the bottom. You can remove it in the build settings. Best of luck!
roeyskatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2024, 07:25:50 AM »

Played the first world and beat the boss, here's some feedback in no particular order:

* The production value and presentation is quite nice, especially the backgrounds.
* There is a bug where text is missing when picking relic and card rewards.
* Campfire didn't seem to give me any options and just booted me back too the world screen after a zoom-in anim (maybe I didn't notice something?).
* I feel the UI could be much simpler, right now it is very busy.
* Battles felt too long and the game overall was too easy (at least on world 1). Need more stakes, right now it is too much a battle of attrition that the player is easily winning.
* Relics didn't feel impactful. Would be more interesting if they where rarer and transformed gameplay more.
* Maybe have relics or other game items/mechanics that change/manipulate the playfield somehow.
* Hold right mouse button to speed up time.
* Have left mouse button activate both flippers.
* Stack items in the inventory.
* Or even better: drop the inventory. The game will probably be better for it.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic