Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:34:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsExperienced game artist looking for coder (RevShare)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Experienced game artist looking for coder (RevShare)  (Read 3742 times)
dhondon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2023, 06:16:57 AM »

Hi!
I’m a former game art teacher and freelancer looking for a coder and designer.I’ve been playing around with game creation since I was young, but only making small prototypes using visual scripting. But I’m definitely not a coder, so that’s why I want to team up with someone who loves coding. Unity 3D is preferred since that’s what I’m using. I can also edit audio and make some music. Definitely not a pro when it comes to music.

For my art I’m mostly working with Blender, substance painter and 3D-coat. I also know spine for 2D stuff. I’ve worked as a game art freelancer for 3 years and 6 years as a game art teacher.I can do 2D and 3D as shown in my portfolio but I prefer doing 3D.I’m mainly interested in developing VR-games and couch multiplayer games,but open to work on other types of games if the concept is promising and possible to complete in months, not years. And I’m not interested joining a large team.

I’m looking for a coder who also has some experience with game design. Someone who also had an interest in developing VR and/or couch multiplayer games. Communication is important so you should be comfortable with weekly video meetings on discord. I can work on this project around 20 hours each week so it would be perfect if you could commit to the same amount of time.I’m located in Norway, but have no problem working with people in other timezones.

My portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/dhondonEmail: [email protected]
0 Comments

fazzamatazz
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 04:25:52 AM »

Hi dhondon!

I'm a software dev at a web agency in London, looking to move into game development, which has been a longtime hobby of mine. I have a number of small projects you can play in the browser at https://fazz.itch.io/ mostly from game jams. These were all built in JavaScript using Phaser framework. I should stress these are very basic, vary greatly in level of polish, and took mostly 2-3 days from concept to finish.

I am competent programmer, with a decent understanding of game design, some basic audio and music, and (as you will see from my projects) very basic 2D pixel art / animation skills.

Although I am a big fan of VR (I have a Quest 2) and couch-multiplayer (nidhogg / Lovers in a dangerous spacetime), I do think they add a lot of hurdles to development, especially re testing, and probably make them unsuitable for a first project. I would definitely like to try my hand at them in the future!

My ideal starter project would be 2-3 month, slim in scope, probably 2D, probably single player (or at least optionally multiplayer), initially browser based, looking to package as desktop or mobile after beta. I can also dedicate around 20 hours/week, but I'm also considering taking a career break to pursue indie dev full-time.

Happy to chat in discord!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic