Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:29:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLet's Play IVAN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Let's Play IVAN!  (Read 40923 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 11:29:15 PM »

So this ends at midnight right?

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »

Midnight of June 31st.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Skyleak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 02:10:49 AM »

Midnight tonight not midnight this morning.
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 08:32:30 AM »

I have a pretty good game going right now, full Ommel Hair armor and a bunch of wands.

EDIT: GAAAH. I killed myself with a wand of lightning again. I swear, those things are my leading cause of death.

Also, weirdest game ever: I had lost an arm and a leg, but I had a really powerfully Mistress as an ally. Unfortunaly, she was MUCH faster then me and ate all the food in the level before I could get it. I eventually staved to death.   :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:51:32 AM by Stij » Logged
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »

I won't have time to enter this, sorry Sad

Stij
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »

Man, I had gotten to the Enner Beast, and I had tons of cans of healing liquid, great armor, an artifact weapon, an angel, and plenty of wands. But he still killed me with one scream.

Next time, I'll try fighting him at a distance. His screams only seem to kill up close.

Also, I finally found out what was behind those meteo. steel walls! It's a treasure chest, made of the same stuff. I didn't have the right key to open it (octagonal key), and it's too strong to force open, but at least I got it out of there. Maybe one of my other adventureres will find it...
Skyleak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 12:08:45 PM »

I've beaten the Enner Beast before, A wand(s) of slowing and striking seemed to work great, as long as your stairs drop you off in front of him. Unfortunately I can't seem to get down to him, I'm being careless.
Stij
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 02:44:01 PM »

Skyleak, could you pleease push the deadline back another day? I have a really good game going on now. (killed the Enner Beast and Rondol)

EDIT: nvm, already died. I think I have you guys beat though.  Grin Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can accept the prize. If it's an actual physical copy of a game, my parents probably wouldn't let me. But if it's a download that's cool.

EDIT EDIT: D'oh! I forgot you said we would only get the prize if at least 10 people signed up. Oh well, it's okay. I was just doing this for the fun of it anyway.

My final moments:

Yes, that is my clone holding Mortifer's super artifact weapon and full mithril armor. :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 03:27:13 PM by Stij » Logged
Skyleak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »

There's not enough competitors to constitute a prize.  Maybe next time.
Stij
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »

That's cool. I had fun anyway.  Smiley

Highlights of the game:

Enner Beast was about to kill me, I prayed and transformed into a super-strong Valpurium golem. I had around 4000 HP or something like that.  Shocked

I got the mithril armor from the guard in the cathederal. I just tamed his and swiped his stuff. Kinda cheap, but...

I narrowly avoided death at least 3 times. One time, I had an amulet of lifesaving, and the other two times my wands conviently exploded and saved me from being killed. Nothing like seeing your enemy get polymorphed into a moose while you get polymorphed into a orc captain. Teleportation wands are handy too.
Skyleak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 12:39:03 AM »

Looks like you were killed by a ghost in that screen shot. 

In my last game I had 81 Arm Strength, I prayed to my god and got a meteoric Steel Arms, Gave myself ommelbone legs.  I was also wielding Two Flaming swords one of Steel +2 and one of bronze +3.   between 6-12 damage, then hit a land mine and broke them both.

I also lost all my wands taking blank shots for the enner, and my scroll of detection caught fire so i couldn't search for "enner flesh"

Good game everybody.
Skyleak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 04:56:34 AM »

OBTW:

Stij is the winnar!

Now print that out and put it on your fridge!
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 06:53:52 AM »

Damn, I was just starting to get good:

Ok, maybe not so much... :D

Thanks for the comp idea though Sky...and yet another game to play....

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 07:38:53 AM »

Thespen Lodharson, beheaded by a -- what?! Shocked

Holy crap, I gotta play this game!
Stij
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 09:19:47 AM »

OBTW:

Stij is the winnar!

*gold star*

Now print that out and put it on your fridge!
:D

Looks like you were killed by a ghost in that screen shot. 
Actually, it was an invisible stalker that got me, whatever that is. And my stupid clone got panicked by it and ran...

I think Infravision can reveal invisible stuff, I haven't tried it.

Also, dude, Ommel Bone legs and meteo. steel arms? How do you get that kind of stuff? (other then praying)
Skyleak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 02:49:07 PM »

Scroll of change material will give you the ability to change the make-up of any items.  You have to have enough WIS and INT to summon it though,  I tried summoning up meteoric steel and octiron but my magic fizzled and said "your mind is not yet strong enough"
Stij
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 07:38:57 PM »

Ah.

Y'know, I'm still not sure what raises INT. I know reading books can raise your WIS, but that's about it...praying or reading scrolls can effect it too.

Man, my most recent adventurer had a heavily enchanted armor of great health, which is nice, he thanks to it he managed to survive having all his limbs lopped off. Harsh. Sad I was close to earning Valpuri's super artifact weapon too.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 08:14:44 PM »

Man. I haven't played this game in like a year.

My first attempt so far, I was unfortunately killed by a green light crystal golem in Underwater Tunnel level 4, after I prayed to Sophos and had both my legs teleported away.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 08:45:39 PM »

That was great.  I've updated my posts with my not so exciting shots.  Thanks.  Can't wait for the next one.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Stij
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 08:19:54 AM »

Man. I haven't played this game in like a year.

My first attempt so far, I was unfortunately killed by a green light crystal golem in Underwater Tunnel level 4, after I prayed to Sophos and had both my legs teleported away.
UT4 is tough. I try to avoid going there until I'm really strong. There is some nice loot, though...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic