Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1408630 Posts in 68950 Topics- by 62848 Members - Latest Member: JPGgamestudio

September 24, 2023, 01:12:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAlligori - A 3D Zeldalike with Co-Op, Dungeons,
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Alligori - A 3D Zeldalike with Co-Op, Dungeons,  (Read 177 times)
Inigmas Games
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: September 15, 2023, 02:42:41 PM »

Introduction

Hi all, I’m Graham, founder of Inigmas Games, a two-man indie studio located in Morrisville, NC. I’ve been working in the game industry for almost 10 years and I’ve decided to start my own studio with the experience and skills I’ve picked up over the years. I’m designing, producing, and working on all of the art for our game. Jacob is the other half of the studio who’s programming and network engineering it.

Our game Alligori is a project that I’ve been designing and organizing for the first few weeks that’s finally starting to materialize in Unity. It’s a 3d Zeldalike with co-op, town building, procedurally generated dungeons, crafting, and tons of puzzles.

Before I get into where we are in development, I’d like to cover the five pillars which govern the overall game.

The Five Pillars of Alligori

• Hack-and-Slash Combat: The core gameplay aspect behind Aligori, and what drives all the systems on top of it. Hack-and-slash your way through dungeons, collect resources to progress your settlement, and defeat bosses along the way.
  • Dungeon Delving: A fun and challenging adventure, players will progress through seven dungeons to defeat bosses so they can begin upgrading their settlement to the next tier. Dungeons will also be procedurally generated, consisting of different room “prefabs” which act as the building blocks as a dungeon. They’ll be made up of an entrance/exit, medium room A-B-C, large room A-B-C, Corridor A-B-C, Boss Room, and many others. Having rooms like these that procedurally generate on first time entry means it’ll offer an organic and fresh experience. Each room in a dungeon will be different from the next, completely hand-crafted, and never the same in the next dungeon.
  • City Building: Players will upgrade their settlement from a village, to a town, to a city, and finally a kingdom. Each upgrade provides new buildings he or she can individually “repair”, unlocking new benefits and gameplay features to them. In addition, upgrading settlement to the next tier provides new challenges. Undead walk the streets at night, goblins may raid on certain days, and on the occasion, a boss may appear. Be careful though, without proper protection, they may damage your buildings, requiring repair.
  • Crafting: Crafting binds all four of the diverse genres together, making them codependent on one another. From a high concept perspective, you craft “keys” in your settlement from resources you find in the world, and from a boss you defeat in a dungeon. You cannot access the next dungeon until you’ve crafted a key, and you must progress your settlement to a certain point before you’re eligible to craft a dungeon’s key. From a low concept perspective, while not required, players are implored to craft “armor” to make dungeon delving easier.
  • Co-op Multiplayer: A cooperative experience is arguably one of the most compelling reasons to play this game. While co-op is not required, it brings people together, and offers a unique experience to the player. Catering towards family, friends, and significant others, you come up with your day-to-day tasks in order to progress your settlement into its next tier.

Where we Are

We’re working on a vertical slice for the next six months, five of those months have been plotted out with the last month left for development overflow, polish, and setting up a Kickstarter to further fund the project. September’s focus is getting co-op set up and the character controller implemented. We’ve started working on a gymnasium level with a few prototype mechanics set up, although it’s still in the early stages.

Jacob recorded some of the early character mechanics, take a look:

Wrapping Up

I’ve left out quite a bit about the game, such as art style, types of enemies and bosses we’ll have, and the overall scope. I don’t want to overwhelm everyone with information, and will be talking more about some of these elements in the next few dev blogs. We have a pretty active discord community where I post frequent updates about the development process if you’re interested. We’re all very welcoming, and I love hearing people’s ideas and comments on the game!

I’m currently solo funding the project and it’s a bit tight, but doable for the next six months. I’ll be setting up a patreon next week if you’d like to show some interest, all the patreon income will go into supporting Jacob and I in our conquest to create an awesome 3D Zeldalike. One day at a time.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic