Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:15:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFallen´s Journey Dungeons Prototype
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fallen´s Journey Dungeons Prototype  (Read 2498 times)
sapusgames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2023, 03:58:52 PM »

Hi everyone,

I want to share a prototype of my first mobile game. I have been working in a deck-building game with some rpg mechanics. After almost a year I have published a prototype in itch.io. I have work on my own in this project so far and every sprite have been made by me, sadly I'm not and artist, but for the future I want to invest in better art.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to check out the game and, if you're willing, provide some feedback. Please note that it's currently only available as an APK for Android. Keep in mind that this is just a prototype designed to showcase the game's core mechanics.

Link:
https://sapusgames.itch.io/fallens-journey-dungeons

Gameplay:

Thank you all for your time!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 08:38:16 AM by sapusgames » Logged
sapusgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 08:09:19 AM »

Just uploaded a windows version just for easier testing, if anyone wants to try the prototype.

​https://sapusgames.itch.io/fallens-journey-dungeons​
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 08:15:13 PM »

Hey sapusgames,

I tried your game

What I liked:
- The intro cut scene was good
- I like how the town works
- I like the concept of using stamina and blocking points

What could use work:
- The text dump after the first combat encounter was a lot of info.  I didn't absorb much of it
- Why am I not keeping my items after completing a dungeon?
- There isn't a lot of strategy to the combat.  I find I can usually use 4 of my 5 cards per turn.  Maybe this gets better later in the game?
- It took me a minute to realize that for shorter enemies you don't drag the card onto the enemy.  You drag it onto the empty space above them.

It's a good foundation.  I think with a little tweaking this could be a winner.  Nice job!

sapusgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 09:39:10 AM »

Hey sapusgames,

I tried your game

What I liked:
- The intro cut scene was good
- I like how the town works
- I like the concept of using stamina and blocking points

What could use work:
- The text dump after the first combat encounter was a lot of info.  I didn't absorb much of it
- Why am I not keeping my items after completing a dungeon?
- There isn't a lot of strategy to the combat.  I find I can usually use 4 of my 5 cards per turn.  Maybe this gets better later in the game?
- It took me a minute to realize that for shorter enemies you don't drag the card onto the enemy.  You drag it onto the empty space above them.

It's a good foundation.  I think with a little tweaking this could be a winner.  Nice job!

Thanks, jbarrios!! Your feedback means a lot to me  Grin.

Regarding your observations:

- Yes, the tutorial definitely needs a lot of work. I'm planning to make significant improvements to it. However, I'm also considering the possibility of a major upgrade to the game, including improvements to art, user experience, and more. Right now this is just the prototype.

- Building on the tutorial issue, the game's core concept is to select only a few items from your loot after completing a dungeon. I apologize for the unclear explanation in the tutorial. This mechanic is inspired by rogue-like games, you can select one item from your entire loot to bring back to town. Some items allow you to select more than one. Since the dungeons are randomly generated, you'll need to replay the stages several times to collect items. That's the main idea.

-Regarding combat, it does become more complex as you progress. There are over 50 types of cards, some with bonuses based on the type of weapon you're using. You have cards for counterattacks, evasion, stunning, and reusing. The enemies also become considerably stronger later in the game, but you'll need to spend a lot of gold buying new cards.

I'm eager to start working on the full game and enhance the overall user experience, including animations, sprites, and more. I'm currently devising a plan to make it happen. Once again, thank you for your feedback!!  Beer! .

If you have more observations or any opinions to share, please don't hesitate to contact me at:

[email protected].

Thanks!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic