Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:36:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620130 times)
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2007, 11:46:54 PM »

If you have some sort of serious game, I can offer something more serious in return. Like, if you have a stock market simulator, I will name it

"The Lost Prophet"

:D I bet people will take that seriously indeed.  Wink

"Fun is rule."
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2007, 11:50:51 PM »

I would name my stock market simulator "Wall Street Kid."

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2007, 08:29:29 AM »

I would name it

"Don't jump out that window!"
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2007, 04:38:53 PM »

I'd name it:

"Suit and Tie: Dressed for Profit"

No, I wouldn't.

Anyhow, why do you diss the :? It's awesome for palindromes!
Step Time : Emit Pets!

It's a tamagotchi-style pet-spawning time travelling game. It just sounds so awesome!
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2007, 05:45:32 PM »

Is "Fear the Winter." any good?

It's based, (strangely enough) on the pre z-level versions of DF, where you couldn't farm in winter. Think giant booze explosion with it incinerating all the food and seeds as well. And, of course, all this happens IN winter.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2007, 07:57:35 PM »

No, it sounds like the title of an internet forum post. If Winter rhymed with Reaper it might be ok, but it doesn't.

I love the idea for your game though, and I hope it's closer in gameplay to Harvest Moon than to Dwarf Forge. And I think the *sentiment* of 'Fear the Winter' is a good one. So I'd recommend something along similar lines:

"Hoarfrost Farm"
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2007, 09:59:31 PM »

Oh, noooo, no, I messed up the description. It's an IF... Sorry about that. Embarrassed

Although, you have given me some ideas for a later game...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:01:08 PM by Xotes » Logged

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2007, 09:22:13 AM »

It's based, (strangely enough) on the pre z-level versions of DF, where you couldn't farm in winter. Think giant booze explosion with it incinerating all the food and seeds as well. And, of course, all this happens IN winter.

Giant Booze Explosion
incinerating all the food and seeds in winter
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:24:40 AM by Jad » Logged
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2007, 10:46:51 AM »

I have made a soccer game. The game is played by giant headed school girls drawn in the Japanese Anime Chibi style. I call the Game "Chibi Soccer." The game will be freeware and open source in a few days. You have untill then to chainge my mind about the name.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2007, 11:26:49 AM »

How good is "The Snowman"? Grin
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2007, 12:00:08 PM »

"Chibi Soccer."

This is a perfectly good name if you don't mind your audience being limited to people who know what 'chibi' means. If you think you can attract a broader audience to your game, go for something like:

"Japanese Schoolgirl Dribble"

How good is "The Snowman"? Grin

Can I have more information?
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2007, 12:25:23 PM »

NO. Shocked
Yes. It's my IF entry for Text the Halls. It's a non-linear survival B-game with mildly comical situations in it. The game revolves around three people hiding in a hotel in the snowy hills from the killer Snowman.
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2007, 10:14:13 PM »

I have made a soccer game. The game is played by giant headed school girls drawn in the Japanese Anime Chibi style. I call the Game "Chibi Soccer." The game will be freeware and open source in a few days. You have untill then to chainge my mind about the name.
Bobble Dribble  Smiley
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »

Giant Head Ball Kicking Game DX 1

:D

MOE Ball <- This is how you do it if you wanna use real nerdy terms

Yoosh, ganbare!! Moeru moe-moe sakkabooru!

:D

For real wapaneseness. Will translate as 'Alright, do your best! Flaming moe-moe (eeeh, cutesy, like the incarnation of ultimate nerd-pleasing wonderfulness, a hard term to describe x2) soccerball'

Titles in japanese have to have these interjections and exclamation marks.

MOE Kick Ball

Soccerkick <- swedish people might giggle at this, in fact, in swedish, it's the ultimate title for a cute soccer game. I reccomend this one just for that. It sounds good in english too.
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2007, 12:15:41 PM »

Giant Booze Explosion
incinerating all the food and seeds in winter

Hahaha, great one, sounds very much like a to-do list of an evil but booze-obsessed mastermind.  :D

"Fun is rule."
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »

Jad, much as I love you and all, you're like my goddamn step-sister when it comes to anime.
CUTS IT OUTS! Angry

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2007, 03:00:42 PM »

Super Transvestite Rally aka Drag Racing

Not an actual game, just an awesome title  Cool

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »

Jad, much as I love you and all, you're like my goddamn step-sister when it comes to anime.
CUTS IT OUTS! Angry

Haha, as if I loved all of it just because I KNOW about it. You don't know how deep my hate for moe-tan goes (it goes deep, mahfriend.)
Chris P
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2007, 08:17:46 PM »

So, what do you think of the name "Mayhem Intergalactic"? It's a streamlined turn-based strategy set in space. See the thread I just posted for more information.

Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2007, 09:57:49 AM »

So, what do you think of the name "Mayhem Intergalactic"? It's a streamlined turn-based strategy set in space. See the thread I just posted for more information.

First let me say sorry for the slow response. Stuck at family xmas and all that.

Second, let me say that your game looks really good. There can't be enough games about foreign planets in deep space, and this one seems original and totally awesome.

"Mayhem Intergalactic" as a name is... good. I like it, but it doesn't blow me away, which makes it a bit of a missed opportunity. I think perhaps it conjures up a crazy action game with a lot of sprites.

I think with that name you were trying to tell the player that your game creates a crazy strategic situation with hundreds of planets, and that's a good goal. The name should give this impression. But you can do it more effectively. So my serving suggestions are:

"The Quadrant Is Mine"

or

"Infinity Command"

Hmm... perhaps neither of these really nails it, either. I'll think about it some more.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic