Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:08:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620353 times)
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: February 24, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »

So, we can't come up with a good name for this game we're working on! Any ideas?

Been kind of keeping an eye of it (elsewhere). "Fort Blade" is from the top of the head.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:51:31 PM by Player 3 » Logged
RamSteelwood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1921 on: February 27, 2012, 06:20:45 AM »

There are two teams. You either play as an overweight WW2 pilot in the survivor team or as a suicider disguised as a pot plant in the suicider team.

bush league
don't feed the plants
extreme gardener

I like: Extreme Gardener
Smiley thank you. However with the next update the theme will start to get a bit broader allowing mappers to use any prop they want. Lets say for example: office chairs vs. business men or cactus vs. cowboys/Mexicans (hello stereotypes). Thinking of it maybe a name with the word stereotype in it would work as well...

well I was about to suggest "Pot Gun" since it was just pilots vs plants, but that won't work now...

Working on an on-line multi-player 'world cup singles' football game for PC.  http://ssgg.uk/tbgtg
I just need people to play it! Sad
Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: February 27, 2012, 09:15:49 AM »

@tobib
some ideas/inspirations:
Tsukumogami
Revolt of things (there is an old videogame called

)
Mimicry complex (afaik in this context the attacking things should be dangerous things not humans, otherwise it is just camouflage)
When Chairs Attack!!!
Furniture frenzy
tobib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1923 on: February 27, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »

Thanks Chromanoid and RamSteelWood.

I also remember now that animated object were a common thing in old fairy tales. Funny Smiley
RamSteelwood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1924 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »

Ive been kinda holding out posting here till I hit a level where I was kinda solid on what I was making, its current name is Commando Bros, kinda started as a joke and just evolved I guess, im not really too happy with the name anymore but then ive never been good at naming stuff anyway.  

Anyway check out the video I guess, look forward to hearing some ideas on another alternate name  Beer!

Well I wasn't deliberately trying to get my name in this, but...

RamBros!

or
Pix and Zel: Warrior Twins

Working on an on-line multi-player 'world cup singles' football game for PC.  http://ssgg.uk/tbgtg
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1925 on: February 28, 2012, 05:39:20 AM »

I actually really like Rambros, I should have mentioned, the game has a kind of over the top USA ALL THE WAY type vibe... http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23799.0  That being said, I think Rambros is awesome, anyone else like it?

EDIT: RamBros it is.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:00:49 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

RamSteelwood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1926 on: February 28, 2012, 06:38:52 AM »

Tears of Joy

Y'know, if you wanted to call the brothers Steel and Wood(y) in my honour, I really wouldn't mind! Wink

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1927 on: February 28, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »

Tears of Joy

Y'know, if you wanted to call the brothers Steel and Wood(y) in my honour, I really wouldn't mind! Wink

Consider it done!

RamSteelwood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1928 on: February 29, 2012, 01:14:40 AM »

My Word!

Well at least now I can say that I can put my name to a great game! Wink

brettchalupa
« Reply #1929 on: February 29, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »

Two game names I'd like to submit for being rated. Gentleman

The first one is currently in development. It is called a dream to fly. It's a top-down, 2D game that takes place in space. The player has somehow gotten into space with a jetpack and glass helmet. The goal is to rotate around stars and collect oxygen bubbles before you run out of breath.

The second one is a game I am currently planning and beginning to design. It is called Fauna and this is really the first time I've talked about it. It's about a boy (who I am currently calling Buk) who must save his girlfriend (Fauna) and the forest area they live in. A lot of the game deals with interaction with the forest and cavern animals (whether it be fighting them or saving them).
bome99
Level 1

Pipes And Mushrooms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1930 on: March 01, 2012, 12:32:20 AM »

Hi guys

We will soon release this little guy to the world

What do you think of the name? "Harry the Fairy".

Cheers
Bo
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 01, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »

What do you think of the name? "Harry the Fairy".

Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 01, 2012, 12:14:15 PM »

Harry the Fairy doesn't sit well with me I'm afraid, I think this is due to Frank Bruno(boxer) and Harry Carpenter(commentator). When being interviewed by Harry Carpenter, Frank Bruno's catchphrase was, "Ya know what I mean 'arry", nothing fairy about it. This is probably just an England thing, and the name will be fine for the rest of the world. (and normal people)
RamSteelwood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1933 on: March 02, 2012, 04:57:56 AM »

Hairy the Fairy?

GiffE
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1934 on: March 03, 2012, 06:49:06 AM »

For my university I have been working on a simple puzzle/platformer for 2 months now.  While this project will be due in 3 weeks I'm going to continue working on it after the semester is over and I finish the other projects of the semester. But I need some help on the name! (I'll post a devlog here after I get one)

I should start by an elevator pitch of the game idea:  You are electro-magnetically charged and you can push or pull yourself or objects around the game world.  Thats really the gist of it.  I should note I have no story written (although something fun would be awesome).  So far death is only caused by water (which fries you till you explode)

The working title is just "Magnetic" which obviously needs to go. I just needed one for my course requirements and I hadn't given it much thought.

Here's a few development videos which show the game's progress so you can get an idea of what I'm making.

Build 28:

Build 22 (Just after adding static magnets):

Also comes with an editor

So anyone got any clever names regarding the gameplay? I'm having a little writers block in that area.
RamSteelwood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1935 on: March 04, 2012, 07:05:17 AM »

Magnus Magnetsson in Opposites Attract.

GiffE
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1936 on: March 04, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »

Magnus Magnetsson in Opposites Attract.
Magnus Magnetsson III (the 3rd) Big Laff since his name sounds so fancy as it is, I mine as well go full blown aristocrat!
I was thinking of making some play on "Opposites Attract" actually, and coming up with some cutesy love theme/story for Magnus.  As simple as him, well to do aristocrat, chasing after some a Cinderella.
Definitely an improvement though, RamSteelwood, Thanks!
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1937 on: March 05, 2012, 02:25:29 PM »

Those footstep noises really have to go. >_<

ink.inc
« Reply #1938 on: March 05, 2012, 03:53:27 PM »

As do the buzzing noises.
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 06, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »

The second one is a game I am currently planning and beginning to design. It is called Fauna and this is really the first time I've talked about it. It's about a boy (who I am currently calling Buk) who must save his girlfriend (Fauna) and the forest area they live in. A lot of the game deals with interaction with the forest and cavern animals (whether it be fighting them or saving them).

Ethology
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic