Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:41:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620400 times)
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2160 on: October 19, 2012, 06:21:44 PM »

I cant come up with a name for my roguelike right now. It has a complicated random dungeon and plot generater that generates a completely different adventure each time you play any IDEAS for a name? for example you can play it one time and you have to get to the bottom of the 'haunted catacombs' to kill the lich, the next time you play you may be going down to the bottom of the 'bloody dungeon' in order to retrieve an amulet.  The next time you play you may be sent by a king to destroy the amulet that is corrupting the 'Corrupted forest'. any ideas..

Some ideas:

• Not The Same Roguelike
  • RogueMixed
  • Thousand Adventures Of The Same Guy

Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2161 on: October 19, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »

roguemixed, love that name maybe ill use that name.  Wink

@@@My Website@@@

You bash the Rat in the stomach with the banana
///////////
The rat is struck down
TertiumQuid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: October 20, 2012, 02:19:09 AM »

A match-3 roguelike puzzle RPG called:

Trail of Secrets

The 'trail' being the gameplay mechanic of matching by dragging a line through multiple gameboard tiles. The 'secrets' being investigations you solve on the board to complete a level, as well as nodding to the Mythos backdrop of the game.

I also remain a firm believer in being able to own the .com for your game, so that was a requirement.

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2163 on: October 21, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »

Tasty Pluto

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: October 23, 2012, 12:40:59 AM »

Starshock for and Elite-like game
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2165 on: October 24, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »

Alienoid Core, for a roguelike with emphasis on gun based shooting combat.  It is about an alien who has to get to his crashed ship.

Warhead Wars - the likes of 'Missile Command' game but with elements of strategy, where you can build your own base and launch missiles at the enemy.

I kind of suck at naming stuff so take this as seriously as you want, these are just some ideas:
  • Defcon Armageddon
  • Missile Maniac
  • Rocket Storm

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2166 on: October 31, 2012, 02:26:04 AM »

"Heroes Of Honesty" for a classic RPG game.

Master of all trades.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2167 on: November 01, 2012, 05:21:34 AM »

I kind of suck at naming stuff so take this as seriously as you want, these are just some ideas:
  • Defcon Armageddon
  • Missile Maniac
  • Rocket Storm

I like Rocket Storm, that makes me want to play the game without even seeing it, ROCKET STORM!!! YEAH!

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2168 on: November 01, 2012, 12:41:33 PM »

Maze³ ("maze cubed") - procedurally generated mazes wrapped around the surface of a cube

looks a little something like this:

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2169 on: November 01, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »

Avant-Garde (devlog here). It's an artist RPG in modernist Paris.

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2170 on: November 01, 2012, 02:22:27 PM »

Intergalactic Taxcollector You orbit planets, collect coins in a multiplayer battle royal where the aim is to be the first to 100 coins.
The name is quite a mouthful, at first we thought we'd make a thing out of it, like why there are coins in outer space. But we've not included anything related to the name apart from the actual coins.. So the name doesn't really make any sense since it's so loosely attached to the games theme -- a theme which is just cutesy space rockets and oversized stuff.

Now we're just looking for a whacky name for a whacky space multiplayer arcade game.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:50:12 AM by Seiseki » Logged

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:19 PM »

Maze³ ("maze cubed") - procedurally generated mazes wrapped around the surface of a cube

looks a little something like this:

The "³" is problematic for googling, and the name doesn't stand out.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 01, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »

"Heroes Of Honesty" for a classic RPG game.

I think the Heroes of ____ sells it, but needs a catchier end than "Honesty"
TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2173 on: November 02, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »

Daedalus Cube

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »

Intergalactic Taxcollector You orbit planets, collect coins in a multiplayer battle royal where the aim is to be the first to 100 coins.
The name is quite a mouthful, at first we thought we'd make a thing out of it, like why there are coins in outer space. But we've not included anything related to the name apart from the actual coins.. So the name doesn't really make any sense since it's so loosely attached to the games theme -- a theme which is just cutesy space rockets and oversized stuff.

Now we're just looking for a whacky name for a whacky space multiplayer arcade game.

Sold
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: November 04, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »

Daedalus Cube

Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 07, 2012, 01:13:50 AM »

Aliens vs. Pirateers

http://www.kongregate.com/games/railslave/aliens-vs-pirateers

i may change it to noah vs. nephilim because its similar to a few other games

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 17, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »

Meh, why not try this out. I have some plans for a game which takes place in an alternate (and much smaller) universe where the player has to build up a tribal civilization anyway they choose, with the end goal being to become the dominant species in the universe. I'm planning on calling it "Microcosm". (Also, I intentionally didn't mention the game I actually started because I probably wouldn't take criticism well with their names, due to the fact I actually want it to be blatantly named after the main character...)
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 19, 2012, 06:31:46 AM »

Meh, why not try this out. I have some plans for a game which takes place in an alternate (and much smaller) universe where the player has to build up a tribal civilization anyway they choose, with the end goal being to become the dominant species in the universe. I'm planning on calling it "Microcosm".

Microcosm, Psygnosis (1993)
Microcosm Games

There's also a Flash game called Microcosmos, which would be a better name for your game as you want to extend it into the universe – the cosmos, as it were.

(Also, I intentionally didn't mention the game I actually started because I probably wouldn't take criticism well with their names, due to the fact I actually want it to be blatantly named after the main character...)

OK?
archiboldian
« Reply #2179 on: November 19, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »

Meh, why not try this out. I have some plans for a game which takes place in an alternate (and much smaller) universe where the player has to build up a tribal civilization anyway they choose, with the end goal being to become the dominant species in the universe. I'm planning on calling it "Microcosm".

Microcosm, Psygnosis (1993)
Microcosm Games

There's also a Flash game called Microcosmos, which would be a better name for your game as you want to extend it into the universe – the cosmos, as it were.

(Also, I intentionally didn't mention the game I actually started because I probably wouldn't take criticism well with their names, due to the fact I actually want it to be blatantly named after the main character...)

OK?

You should make the game so it ALWAYS ends with the overpopulation of the small world and the decline and destruction of it, depicting the struggle of the human race to realize it's parasitic behaviour.

But you know, it's your game...
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic