Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:49:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 612274 times)
Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2200 on: December 07, 2012, 11:59:13 AM »

Norse code
Neither norse
Mad norse
Make it all women and call it "viqueens"

Intravenous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: December 07, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »

Flog a dead Norse

Come on! That's a good one  Grin

It would get people talking and it's memorable.
yankee
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2202 on: December 12, 2012, 03:12:57 AM »

We're currently working on a game set in a solar system where you build a base on your own planet and shoot missiles, lasers and even bigger projectiles at other planets.

All projectiles are affected by gravity of the sun and the planets so it becomes a nice challenge to actually hit your opponent's planet.
We're currently using "Barrage" as a name. What do you think? Smiley

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: December 12, 2012, 02:27:17 PM »

Alright  Smiley

I'm game.

Rate my name!

Game Pic:

You Tube HD Video:

Neon 6/10. To the point but generic. Nothing about it makes me think "I wonder what that is? Lets click the link"
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: December 13, 2012, 06:19:01 AM »

Not the Greater Fool

A factory building game where you try to profit with the contraptions you create
Serge
Level 0

2D Artist & Graphic Designer

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: December 17, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »

Hello there, this is an action platform game in a twisted version of our modern world: Irrational buildings, horse-head man and traffic-light-cockroaches firing bullets.

The names we were considering are:
- Urbos ex pest
- Sorrow of the demon
- Akranios
- Anatopia
- Coba

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:27:37 PM by Serge » Logged
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2206 on: December 17, 2012, 11:03:27 PM »

Hello there, this is an action platform game in twisted version of our modern world: Irrational buildings, horse-head man and traffic-light-cockroaches.
The names we were thinking are:
1.- Urbos ex pest.
2.- Sorrow of the demon.
3.- Akranios.
4.- Anatopia.

I really love the look and feel of your game, especially the title screen. I don't really like any of those names though. I think that there are a hell of a lot of indie games out there right now and when people are looking for a new one to play, they tend to just scroll through the names. So your name has to be able to convey the feeling of your game. Those names don't do that.

If I were making that game, I'd name it Twisted.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »

- Anatopia

I think you mean Atopia; ana- means up/against/back/re-. An-, meaning without/lacking, is a form of a- for root words that start with a vowel (anarchy is an- + archy, for example).

But anyway, tell us more about the story, characters, and setting.
exidl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: December 19, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »

Hello,

It's been a year I'm working on a game project. The goal is to make a RPG with some investigations to do in a castle during the Victorian era. The hero would be a journalist from the 21st century, who finds himself stuck in the castle after a long sleep during a chit chat. That project was an entry to a game development contest, and the contest's subject was "The Metamorphosis".

We've quickly called the game "Chateau Kafka", but after reading the first post in that thread, I feel it might sound long and weird to pronounce, although we don't plan to release it as a big commercial title.

Maybe I'll try to brainstorm when I get enough time for this, and write my findings here later, is a "one-word title" better ? I'm very bad at names. Sad
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: December 20, 2012, 06:58:05 AM »

Hello,

It's been a year I'm working on a game project. The goal is to make a RPG with some investigations to do in a castle during the Victorian era. The hero would be a journalist from the 21st century, who finds himself stuck in the castle after a long sleep during a chit chat. That project was an entry to a game development contest, and the contest's subject was "The Metamorphosis".

We've quickly called the game "Chateau Kafka", but after reading the first post in that thread, I feel it might sound long and weird to pronounce, although we don't plan to release it as a big commercial title.

Maybe I'll try to brainstorm when I get enough time for this, and write my findings here later, is a "one-word title" better ? I'm very bad at names. Sad

"Chateau Kafka" is neither long nor weird.

What is the character investigating?
exidl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: December 20, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »

I should be more self-confident about things like that then ! Thanks for the advice Grin

The hero would be investigating on a girl suicide in the garden, since he has nothing else to do while being stuck in that place. I'm not sure about the storyline yet, I'll describe it later in a devlog, but I'll surely stick with that name, I should feel lucky to have at least one.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: December 21, 2012, 10:33:55 AM »

I should be more self-confident about things like that then ! Thanks for the advice Grin

Not to burst your bubble, but would a mansion or estate in Victorian England be called a "Chateau"? That occurred to me later... I suppose if you're referencing Kafka (whose career began after the Victorian era ended – plus he was German) it doesn't matter. Or it's just the name of the game, not the location, and I'm overthinking, so ignore me.
Serge
Level 0

2D Artist & Graphic Designer

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: December 21, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »

- Anatopia

I think you mean Atopia; ana- means up/against/back/re-. An-, meaning without/lacking, is a form of a- for root words that start with a vowel (anarchy is an- + archy, for example).

we are considering  this three options for the game story, which do you think it fits better?

1.- A bored office guy with a really nasty and tedious job who finds an  escape from his routine in a twisted world.

2.- An elite soldier  who tries to go out from a plague in an infected city due a failed experiment which he is part of this one.

3.- A world created from wastes of the known reality and a being that is in a quest to find the odd dimension-consciousness, partial architect of this world.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: December 22, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »

This topic is slowly turning into part name rating and part plain naming. With that sentiment...

My concept is an adventure game taking place in Limbo. You've been denied entrance into heaven for the sin of suicide, but you don't remember anything about the event, or about yourself for that matter. Pretty soon you realize that not only did you not kill yourself, but neither did a large chunk of people in Limbo, whose lives are somehow all tied to yours. Your goal is to find proof that these people are innocent, help them restore their memories, and find out what kind of flawed Limbo lets these things happen.
dormir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: December 22, 2012, 08:37:59 AM »

How about: "Limbo"
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: December 22, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »

How about: "Limbo"
No, becausethis is the first thing anyone sees when they Google that name.
ACOM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: December 22, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »

Thank you everyone for the "Sugar Kid" contest. It seems that we are going to use ... another Smiley. But I like several of the names (Max, Unsweetened, Light, :D).

Thank you!
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: December 26, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

I'm considering starting an RPG game, but I'm not sure what I should title it. Here's the titles I'm considering so far. Also, yes. The main plot point is the main characters visiting another planet (for reasons I will not spoil in case I decide to start it...):

Chomp RPG: War Between Worlds
Chomp RPG: A Tale of Two Planets
Chomp RPG: Chomp's Vacation
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2218 on: December 26, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »

Chomp is an ugly name.

"TrapThem", what you think of that. I think it will burn into heads.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: December 27, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

we are considering  this three options for the game story, which do you think it fits better?

1.- A bored office guy with a really nasty and tedious job who finds an  escape from his routine in a twisted world.

2.- An elite soldier  who tries to go out from a plague in an infected city due a failed experiment which he is part of this one.

3.- A world created from wastes of the known reality and a being that is in a quest to find the odd dimension-consciousness, partial architect of this world.

Why not... ALL THREE! *dun dun DUN*

Seriously – start out by feeding the player the bored office guy story line, but as the game story is revealed introduce the second story as the true one and reframe the first as a dream/illusion, only for the third and true description to be uncovered at the end.

Sort of eXistenZ meets Re-Cycle.

I'm considering starting an RPG game, but I'm not sure what I should title it. Here's the titles I'm considering so far. Also, yes. The main plot point is the main characters visiting another planet (for reasons I will not spoil in case I decide to start it...):

Chomp RPG: War Between Worlds
Chomp RPG: A Tale of Two Planets
Chomp RPG: Chomp's Vacation

Why would you put "RPG" in the title? I just don't understand the impulse some here have to put the genre or style (e.g. voxel, pixel, 8-bit, etc) in the title of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic