Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:23:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 612349 times)
ElkiwyDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: April 20, 2016, 12:01:02 AM »

Ok let's see:
My game is called BeardedBear and it's a game about a cyborg bearded bear shooting aliens through time and space  Grin

Here is the DevLog full of screenshots: BeardedBear DevLog

Follow me and Project_BuildTutto by clicking any of these links: Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mSCn4BUYouTube channel for Timelapses: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2l3kcw6wUn4Z1-cr5UMLMw
BLK Dragon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: May 04, 2016, 12:44:42 AM »

OK, let's test it.

Tira : Tail of Ninja
is platformer/adventure set in painterly fantasy world inhabited by anthropomorphic feline beasts.

Playtesting thread here.
And some more info/screenshots here

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it
mihkelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: May 08, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

Circle Empires

It's a 2d strategy empire building game where the map is composed of circles.

Playtesting
Gamejolt

KICE
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 08, 2016, 05:09:30 PM »

The name "One Spaced" for a unique, 1 dimensional game that's set in a fantasy world where the player chooses how to draw his adventure. Basically Skyrim on one line.
TheRiver
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: May 14, 2016, 01:52:49 AM »

We develop a trivia game with several rooms in each of them multiple players  compete with each other by typing the answer of the question as fast as possible before the others.

The game targets 7-15 years old students.

We consider naming it Fast & Curious. What do you think? What else do you suggest?
readyplaygames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2825 on: May 19, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »

Name: "Proxy - Ultimate Hacker" (shortened to "Proxy")

Dev log: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=54844.0

Explanation: You are a computer hacker. Complete jobs for cash to upgrade your systems and avoid detection at all costs.

Compact version of the hacking minigame
NEM907
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2826 on: June 08, 2016, 05:26:49 PM »

My game name is CaveFights (yes, there is no spaces in there I hate spaces).

Here is some information on the game:
CaveFights is a game which is about a man named Darius Markell who wears a orange jumpsuit and duel wields giant purple lazer guns. He fights smiles and skeletons in an open world 2d setting
bittwyst
Level 1

Twitter: @bittwyst

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2827 on: June 09, 2016, 04:52:57 PM »

MygamenameisCaveFights(yes,thereisnospacesinthereIhatespaces).
I dunno, spaces aren't all bad.

NEM907
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2828 on: June 18, 2016, 07:35:28 AM »

MygamenameisCaveFights(yes,thereisnospacesinthereIhatespaces).
I dunno, spaces aren't all bad.

Ok thanks for the input.
Denzilb55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: June 28, 2016, 11:15:00 AM »

Control Shift

Control Shift is a game about fighting for control over territory. It is a local co-op/versus game with a focus on gamepad / x-box controls. It has 3 different game modes currently and will have more in the future. Some of these modes are of our own invention, others are our own take on classic like Capture the Flag. In all these modes, there is a very clear focus on strategically capturing territory, and taking back territory from your opponent (which requires killing them). The theme is quite sci-fi with space vibes, but the theme itself does not add that much to the game and I could've probably chosen a different theme and it would feel the same.
PetterBergmar
Level 2

Animator by day, gamemaker by night. And fridays.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2830 on: July 03, 2016, 09:12:57 AM »

Amazeface. It's a game about a face in a maze.

Twitter: @pbergmar
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: July 03, 2016, 04:10:26 PM »

Amazeface. It's a game about a face in a maze.
To me it sounds like a game about a maze what is also a face. But the important elements are there, and "amaze" reminds me of "amazing", so title approved!

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
PetterBergmar
Level 2

Animator by day, gamemaker by night. And fridays.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2832 on: July 03, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »

The level files (mazes) have the filetype .amaze  Wink

Twitter: @pbergmar
TheLifemakers
Level 0

Lifemakers Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2833 on: July 03, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »

Our new game in development is called Batonic: it's about balancing a circus baton on the tip of your finger as various creatures fall from the sky trying to strike you out of balance.

Youtube video:

Graphicalgeek
Level 0

Explosive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2834 on: July 21, 2016, 09:55:09 PM »

Looks like this thread is dying, but I'll post anyways because I'm not sold on my game's name.

The game started out as a Fantasy Xcom titled "Guardiand of the Realm", but I've since simplified it to be more like Advance Wars.  I'm thinking "Fantasy Conquest Tactics", but that's pretty generic.

Any thoughts?

Working on Fantasy Conquest Tactics
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=53617.0
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: July 21, 2016, 11:55:53 PM »

"Fantasy Conquest Tactics"
Yeah, I fear it's a bit generic.
I think a good title should highlight the peculiarities of your project. Your game is a fantasy conquest tactics game, ok, but HOW is it different from another gazillion of similar titles?
Your project is still young, so maybe you still don't know. Try to focus about the features that makes your game truly unique, and condense it in your title  Smiley

Speaking of titles, I never asked anybody how Selling Sunlight sounds. Mine is a game about being a traveling merchant.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
Graphicalgeek
Level 0

Explosive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2836 on: July 22, 2016, 02:23:40 AM »

The game is a mash up of Advance Wars and Final Fantasy Tactics, so the elements that make it up are Commanding, Conquest, Capturing, War, Warfare, Battles, Fantasy, Tactics, Castles, Keeps, Strategy, etc.  There are already many games that use combinations of those terms, so I figured "Fantasy Conquest Tactics" is like a direct mix of the 2 inspiration games that people might identify with.

Other combinations that could work:

Keeps and Castles
Command and Conquest
Tactics Conquest

There's no story or background yet, so nothing to draw from there. 

Speaking of titles, I never asked anybody how Selling Sunlight sounds. Mine is a game about being a traveling merchant.

Sounds good to me!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Working on Fantasy Conquest Tactics
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=53617.0
Pashan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: August 02, 2016, 07:04:06 AM »

Hey,

I would like some feedback on my games name: Drup

Here is more info about it: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=57185.msg1268611#msg1268611
Thunder Lion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: August 13, 2016, 11:00:00 PM »

I have a game I call "Quinlin" its about a boy named Quinlin and his adventures in this case his adventures as a treasure hunter.
See topic link here for further details: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=57361.0, feedback would be appreciated to anyone willing its a PC game in the works.
filiph
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2839 on: August 18, 2016, 01:24:53 PM »

One generic tip: How to come up with catchy, easy-to-remember words?

The easiest way I know of is to combine two well known words into one. Observe:

• Skyrim
  • BioShock
  • Half-Life (although than term obviously existed before the game)
  • Mass Effect
  • Silent Hill
  • Final Fantasy
  • Minecraft
  • ... etc ...

Rules:
  • short words
  • 'power' words
  • at least one of them alludes to the genre / theme

One particularly good 'recipe' is to have one word represent something 'real' (SKYrim, MASS effect, silent HILL) and the other one something abstract (skyRIM, mass EFFECT, SILENT hill). But that's just one approach.

For example, let's say you're trying to come up with a name for a fantasy game. You build two lists of words. The first one will contain things like 'sword', 'rain', 'winter', or 'sky'. The second one will have words like 'rim', 'fall', or 'scape'. Then you make permutations of the two lists. You can either use scripting (Python itertools is your friend) or you can just paste it into online tools like http://mergewords.com/ (which I just found 2 minutes ago, can't vouch for it).

Then, you read the resulting list. 90% will be crap. 9% will be so-so or already taken. You're looking for that one percent that sounds great, isn't taken, and hopefully has a free domain Smiley.

Even with just these seven words I mentioned above, you get this:
sky rim
sky fall
sky scape
rain rim
rain fall
rain scape
winter rim
winter fall
winter scape
sword rim
sword fall
sword scape

I know this might go against the main idea of this thread — namely, that the title of the game should convey something about how it is unique, or even the game mechanics. I think it's great when a game can do that, but I personally don't think it's a requirement. I mean, of course, as an indie developer you should not assume that because Bethesda can pull 'Skyrim' out of their asses, it will also work for you. But unless you're doing some me-too game ("Final Fantasy, but with changeable gravity!"), you shouldn't force yourself to convey your USP in the game title.

By the way, the proposed method also works with parts of words, such as castle-vania, psycho-nauts, etc. For example, if you know that the first name should be either 'psycho' or 'cortex' (because the game is about kids visiting people's minds), you can build the second list out of greek/latin/english affixes such as '-nauts', '-cians', '-hood', '-ids', '-oids'.  Just experiment.

And of course, this doesn't only apply for game titles. Sometimes, you just need a name for something in-game, like a city, country, item, etc.

I work on making open-world books possible.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic