Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:02:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 618347 times)
_glitch
« Reply #2860 on: November 18, 2016, 07:55:58 AM »

What do you think of "Northbound"?

My RPG is about slaying monsters, just like Diablo. It takes place in a cold and snowy world.

I've just seen that this name is already taken... But now I have an new idea: Icepeak
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2861 on: December 01, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »

Roguemance is a romantic roguelite about going on dates to defeat monsters and find love.

How is the name?

Astro Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: December 05, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »

Do you like that name? Would you change it?

cmy[k] is a new one tap game, fooling your brain, so behold and train!

iOS https://goo.gl/HnX33h
Android https://goo.gl/rl00Kk
filiph
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2863 on: December 07, 2016, 04:16:34 PM »

The last three posts:
  • I like cmyk! It might be a bit niche (not everyone knows what it means) -- but those who do will remember
  • Roguemance is genius
  • Icepeak -- to be honest, Northbound sounds much cooler, it kind of rolls of the tognue, while icepeak doesn't, imho. I'd give it one more go. Fortunately for you, cold and snowy world comes with a lot of potential iconic words, like "snow", "ice", "blizzard", "icicle", "frost", etc.

I work on making open-world books possible.
_glitch
« Reply #2864 on: December 08, 2016, 01:34:45 PM »

The last three posts:
  • I like cmyk! It might be a bit niche (not everyone knows what it means) -- but those who do will remember
  • Roguemance is genius
  • Icepeak -- to be honest, Northbound sounds much cooler, it kind of rolls of the tognue, while icepeak doesn't, imho. I'd give it one more go. Fortunately for you, cold and snowy world comes with a lot of potential iconic words, like "snow", "ice", "blizzard", "icicle", "frost", etc.

Thanks for your answer! Beer!
But, as said, the name "Northbound" is already taken... *sitting in the corner crying*
RubberMan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2865 on: December 20, 2016, 01:21:31 AM »

Name: Virtual Earth Online

The game play for VEO is based on the “sandbox” concept coupled with stunning Google Earth technology to produce what is not just the worlds largest online video game but what could be considered the future of the internet. The entire Earth is in the game, every river, every road and yes, your house is in the game.  Players have tools and building materials available to them and the players are able to build anything they like in the game. Players can purchase a block of land anywhere on Earth, finally you can own your dream home with an ocean view.

Developer of Virtual Earth Online and Orc Island
www.orcisland.com
www.virtualearthonline.com
Sneaky_Seal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2866 on: December 22, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »

Roguemance is a romantic roguelite about going on dates to defeat monsters and find love.

How is the name?

The pun game is strong here.

We're working on a game called Ash of Gods - a mix of a visual novel and a tactical RPG. What do you think of the name? Is not it too similar to those various "Clash of Clans" clones?

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling and an extensive online PvP mode!
If you've missed our Kickstarter campaign, you can still support us and get your rewards here.
Rhubarbist
Level 0

https://twitter.com/AjmalRizni

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2867 on: December 29, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »

We're working on a game called Ash of Gods - a mix of a visual novel and a tactical RPG. What do you think of the name? Is not it too similar to those various "Clash of Clans" clones?

Yeah, I think it might sound a little too cliche? Ash and Gods both seem like those epic-type buzzwords.

My game is called nano golf, it's a mini golf game for mobile.

_glitch
« Reply #2868 on: December 29, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »

@Rhubarbist: "Nano" is maybe too minimalistic Smiley

@Sneaky_Seal: I think there are too many ______ of ______ games out there. The people probably can't distinguish between your game and the hundreds or thousands of other games with a similar title...
havchr
Level 2

gaming, coding, experimenting photo science party

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2869 on: January 12, 2017, 04:31:15 AM »

ARPATUNE a VR music mind melting experience of Arpegiattios, beats and lush neon landscapes. Heavily inspired by Norwegian electronica and REZ.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:54:54 AM by havchr » Logged

Pizza is delicious.
filiph
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2870 on: January 12, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »

FWIW, I like Arpatune. I wouldn't connect it with arpeggio/arpeggiators without heavy hinting, but that doesn't matter, imho. The name is short, easily pronounced (I think) and memorisable.

I work on making open-world books possible.
iron_dinges
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: January 17, 2017, 06:32:04 AM »

Thrusterball.

You're a ball that moves around using a thruster.
agingminotaur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2872 on: January 18, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »

Sounds a bit heavy, I think. Something short like just "Thrust" might roll better off the tongue. But of course you want a name that's: a) definitely not taken, and: b) easy to find with Google et al. ("Thrustball"? My Word! Umm, nevermind, actually.)

Virtual Earth Online
A bit of a mouthful, but it seems to capture the idea of your game. I think it's pretty good. Is there going to be one world where everyone is tinkering, or the possibility of custom planets? If the latter, maybe something more laconic, like "Virtual Earths" or "Earths Online".

@Rhubarbist: "Nano" is maybe too minimalistic Smiley
It's a bit over the top, but I like the premise (think "mini golf", but even smaller). Maybe "microgolf"?

cmy[k]
I don't get the reference, so it doesn't say anything much to me.

But, as said, the name "Northbound" is already taken... *sitting in the corner crying*
I think foo+bar can be a brilliant title. Look up key words (or just plain ol' badass words) in a thesaurus to find combinations. You could still go for anything from "Aurora Crest" to "Frostwreathed".

I think there are too many ______ of ______ games out there.
Who, Me? Agreed.

homeTIGSourceitch.io
agingminotaur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2873 on: January 18, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »

While I'm here, what do you think of "Land of Strangers"?

(open world acid western roguelike)

homeTIGSourceitch.io
iron_dinges
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: January 18, 2017, 03:49:55 PM »

Sounds a bit heavy, I think.

You're probably right, the name is from before the game became cute.

How about Thrusty Ball? Light enough?
BenjaWells
Level 0

Depth perception is overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2875 on: January 19, 2017, 02:29:27 AM »

While I'm here, what do you think of "Land of Strangers"?

Land of strangers doesn't really tell me anything... Westerns tend to be full of a particular character from my experience, all kinds of themes of small towns, vigilantes, lawlessness and disregard for life, redemption, all that stuff.

Looking at spaghetti western films and games, they have names like "Red Dead Redemption", "Gun", and my personal favouirte, "A fistful of dollars" (fistful is a much more violent sounding way of saying a lot, and dollars cause it's all about violence and money). Maybe try and get more of that vibe into the title?

I also found this thing, could help inspire you:
http://novelistvmd.awardspace.com/WesternTitleGenerator2.htm

Then again, I don't know what themes your game explores, but Land of Strangers feels more like a "Let's explore some ancient uninhabited" kind of thing.

Gentlemen, my lady... You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Ben Wells making a game.
ShuddaHaddaLottaFun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2876 on: January 19, 2017, 06:09:59 PM »

interesting thread.... ok.... we'll bite.

our game:

Shadow Fencer Theatre

so, if you haven't seen our game or devlog, what we are wondering is, "how does the name make you feel?"  intrigued? longing? upset? bloated?

probably won't change the name, but we are generally curious about how people react without seeing the name in graphic form (logo) or with the game art/gameplay.

agingminotaur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2877 on: January 20, 2017, 12:37:12 AM »

"Shadow Fencer Theatre": My first thought is that it sounds a bit artsy/goth. Maybe it's because you split "Shadow" and "Theatre" into two distinctive elements, maybe I'm thinking of Dream Theater Tongue A quick peek on a screenshot clears it up and leaves me with a much more lighthearted impression. (Looks cool, by the way.) If you do intend to change the title, it might be more telling with something like "Shadow Theatre Fencers" (or "Stick Puppet Duel", etc). Since the idea is so unique, I think you can afford to have a very literal/descriptive title.

@BenjaWells: Thanks for your feedback. A better title should probably have people thinking "cowboys" straight away (although there is an element of "let's explore ancient blah", gunslingers in a low-key fantasy setting). I'll mull it over and see.

homeTIGSourceitch.io
Wikzo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2878 on: February 02, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »

What do you think about the name See You On The Other Side? (playtest forum thread)

See You On The Other Side is an atmospheric puzzle game about lights and shadows. In the game, the player doesn't collide with objects that are in shadow.

Producer & Programmer at Tunnel Vision Games
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2879 on: February 10, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »

"Way Maker" vs "Make Way" vs "Tunnel

an abstract tile taking strategy game about building consecutive tiles to your opponent's base and cutting off their tiles

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic