Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:03:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 618496 times)
Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2900 on: July 03, 2017, 01:06:17 PM »

"roids" usually is used as a shortened form of "steroids", so I'd expect Spaceroids to be about becoming the buffest astronaut.
Xorglord
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2901 on: July 03, 2017, 04:37:10 PM »

I agree with Fox. Roids definitely suggests steroids. If you're attached to it, maybe Spaceteroids. Suggests Asteroids a bit more but still kinda sounds like steroids haha.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2902 on: July 03, 2017, 07:27:32 PM »

Combo Rockets. You combo your friend's ship with rockets. https://quantumproductions.itch.io/combo-rockets

AlexSkylark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 04, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »

Okay, I'm scared... but what the hell, here it goes :D

My game is Radiant LUX.

It's a 2D side-scroller shooter with its core gameplay concept built around COLORS. Your attacks have colors, the enemies have colors, if you match your attack with the enemy you deal more damage, you pew pew stuff and level up your colors. All in abstract neon-style vector graphics.

Nobody to comment on mine? xD

woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: July 05, 2017, 01:26:44 AM »

Must be because your game name is perfect! Tongue (Sadly more questions than answers here. Cry )

I get "radiant" but what does LUX stand for? luxurious? brightness?

Fat Pug Studio
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2905 on: July 05, 2017, 02:22:03 AM »

Check this shit out of name: Rick Henderson And The Artifact of Gods  WTF

The story features Rick Henderson, a disillusioned galaxy war veteran who turned to suspicious activities after the war to make ends meet, his robot follower, sarcastic Ben who makes every conversation fun. The Artefacts (5 of them, each faction in the game holds one) will open the portal that will let out Evil Gods that will devour the galaxy. Your mission is to destroy them all before it happens!

Best thing is that first the endless mode will be out which will have no connection to any of the events whatsoever  Facepalm
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:59:34 AM by Fat Pug Studio » Logged

AlexSkylark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: July 05, 2017, 09:23:42 AM »

Brightness. Lux is latin for Light Smiley

woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: July 05, 2017, 01:34:11 PM »

Radiating light doesn't tell to me what the game is about. You control a fighting spaceship. I'm not trying to dis the name, just trying to help. This is art anyways and anything is allowed.  Smiley

Xorglord
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2908 on: July 06, 2017, 07:59:12 AM »

Radiant Lux kinda describes the theme of the game though. I mean, I dont think a game name is ever going to be able to give you all the information. Maybe a name that fits the shmup style would work better. "Colour Streak"? Hahaha I have no idea.

Anyway, my game is called Duped.

Here's the trailer. Lemme know what you guys think of the name.

AlexSkylark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: July 11, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »

Radiating light doesn't tell to me what the game is about. You control a fighting spaceship. I'm not trying to dis the name, just trying to help. This is art anyways and anything is allowed.  Smiley

It's not a spaceship. The game is abstract, and all about lights and colors.

Maybe the mistake is to make the player vessel look like a spaceship?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:23:47 AM by AlexSkylark » Logged

cyclonenocturnal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: July 11, 2017, 07:02:14 PM »

"Slayer's Quest". It's an arcade action RPG. Cheesy
nikodil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 19, 2017, 04:19:20 AM »

"Samurai Warstage"

A strategy game with tactical battles as the foundation, with additional sandbox, role-playing, strategic, and MOBA elements.

There's a kind of playable prototype here: http://samuraiwars.net

The current name has been sort of a placeholder, and now needs an update. I know the grammatically correct name should be Samurai War Stage, but I think that somehow destroys the typography, and besides, it is a made up name, not a phrase. OTOH, I'm not a native speaker so I don't know how such a made up word "feels" or what connotations it gives.

foobles
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: August 24, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »

Hydrius - A game set in a fantasy world where all water turns to gasoline and decrepit factories, skyscrapers, etc. 'grow' from the gas that seeps into the ground. They are covered in vines and plants, but as the game progresses water becomes more expensive and the plants die over time. The goal is to find where the gasoline is coming from and switch it back to water.
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: August 24, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »

[...]
Anyway, my game is called Duped.

Here's the trailer. Lemme know what you guys think of the name.
[See above]

Hmm, Duped somehow has a negative connotation, imho. But it works.

My spontaneous association while watching the trailer was "color copy". Cheesy
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: August 24, 2017, 11:08:03 PM »

Hydrius - A game set in a fantasy world where all water turns to gasoline and decrepit factories, skyscrapers, etc. 'grow' from the gas that seeps into the ground. They are covered in vines and plants, but as the game progresses water becomes more expensive and the plants die over time. The goal is to find where the gasoline is coming from and switch it back to water.

Reading "Hydrius" made me think of water immediately and it seems to be the core theme of your game. So it seems to fit. It sounds like a name for a person or a city.
wormius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2915 on: September 01, 2017, 10:08:50 AM »

I made an abstract strategy game which i didnt realy come up with a name for so i just called it "creatures", there are probebly milions of games called that so i would realy like a name suggestion.

In this game you control groups of connected parts called creatures, the goal of the game is to destroy all of the enemy creatures, players grow and multiply thier creatures as they make moves.

so what name would you suggest for a game like this?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:16:58 AM by wormius » Logged
kitvonsnookerz
« Reply #2916 on: September 04, 2017, 01:45:01 PM »

Elysium
Train heroes to journey across the globe to earn enough honor to enter Elysium.

Elaborated a little more you have a city which you use to train your heroes, then you send them out on an odyssey which earns them points for each leg completed, earning them a bonus for finishing the entire journey. Then they come back to the city where you can train them some more for harder adventures. Eventually they will die of old age or die on a journey, and if they earned enough points they go to Elysium (Basically Greek Mythology heaven for heroes) and if they don't you lose them forever.

Anyway how does the name fit with the game?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:20:27 PM by Kit Von Snookerz » Logged
Antares88
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2917 on: September 07, 2017, 01:32:55 AM »

Nirvana Pilot Yume.
It's a space racing / visual novel mix in anime style, with retrowave music.

Playtest topic here if you want to check the demo: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=62385.0
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: September 08, 2017, 06:00:19 AM »

This thread would work better if everyone would at least comment on the previous game name. Grin

Antares88
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2919 on: September 08, 2017, 06:40:50 AM »

Elysium
Train heroes to journey across the globe to earn enough honor to enter Elysium.

Elaborated a little more you have a city which you use to train your heroes, then you send them out on an odyssey which earns them points for each leg completed, earning them a bonus for finishing the entire journey. Then they come back to the city where you can train them some more for harder adventures. Eventually they will die of old age or die on a journey, and if they earned enough points they go to Elysium (Basically Greek Mythology heaven for heroes) and if they don't you lose them forever.

Anyway how does the name fit with the game?

I believe the name fits your concept perfectly, however you might want to check the other games with that word in the name. If it's a PC game: http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=elysium
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic