Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:14:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 612195 times)
kitvonsnookerz
« Reply #2920 on: September 08, 2017, 11:46:07 AM »

Elysium
Train heroes to journey across the globe to earn enough honor to enter Elysium.

Elaborated a little more you have a city which you use to train your heroes, then you send them out on an odyssey which earns them points for each leg completed, earning them a bonus for finishing the entire journey. Then they come back to the city where you can train them some more for harder adventures. Eventually they will die of old age or die on a journey, and if they earned enough points they go to Elysium (Basically Greek Mythology heaven for heroes) and if they don't you lose them forever.

Anyway how does the name fit with the game?

I believe the name fits your concept perfectly, however you might want to check the other games with that word in the name. If it's a PC game: http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=elysium

Wow thanks! I never thought of that. Those games have nothing to do with my game so that's good.
kitvonsnookerz
« Reply #2921 on: September 08, 2017, 11:48:38 AM »

I made an abstract strategy game which i didnt realy come up with a name for so i just called it "creatures", there are probebly milions of games called that so i would realy like a name suggestion.

In this game you control groups of connected parts called creatures, the goal of the game is to destroy all of the enemy creatures, players grow and multiply thier creatures as they make moves.

so what name would you suggest for a game like this?

Id call it dongles cause the little pieces look like a dongle.  Cheesy

TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2922 on: September 20, 2017, 04:47:07 AM »

An tongue-in-cheek old-school top-down shoot-em-up, with weaponised dinosaurs/pterosaurs instead of spaceships. You control a bone-spewing pteranodon and try to cause as much destruction as possible while exploring a range of bone-y weapons.

It's disappointing just how many pterosaur-based puns are already taken. But the top two contenders I'm left with are: "Terror Soar" and "Terror Dawn".
(The bottom contender is "Shmupasaurus", which captures the silliness of the game but is otherwise just awful.  Cheesy )

I want puns because they undermine whatever shreds of seriousness might come across with the game's violent themes. What I really wanted was a word beginning with "T" that evoked badass destruction, so I could slap a "P" in front of it and then put "Pterodactyl" immediately before that word. Alas, the best I could do was "Pterodactyl Pturmoil". Ehh...
KirbyKid
Level 0

How do you game?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2923 on: September 22, 2017, 07:15:25 AM »

I'm working on a puzzle game about learning. The core game is based on Lights Out. I've designed an extensive set of modes and tools around this game to help players understand how they learn and to show them a better way to go about learning.

The game is called "enLIGHTen". And the goal of the game is to reach "enLIGHTenment"

I consult on, create, critique, and review indie games. How can I help you?
Zuurix
« Reply #2924 on: October 09, 2017, 10:09:07 AM »

"ENTER"
In all uppercase. Pronounced like "Enter" button in deep serious movie voice =P

If that is a stupid idea, is "Enter and Ascend" a better name?

About ENTER:

It will be RPG about entering a new world and... And doing quests, exploring ruins, killing bad guys, the usual goodness =]
The game story is simple - life on Earth sucks (a.k.a. Real life), so you've emigrated to a crazy fantasy world.
No name for that world yet.

The year is 2XXX and sailing from east to west in the certain part of the Pacific ocean gets you to the ocean of aforementioned crazy fantasy world. And vice versa. Guns, electricity and other earthling tech don't function in that world.

Escapism game about escapism =]

Why? Because writing stories about something you haven't experienced is a bad idea for a noob writer like me and I haven't experienced anything interesting in real life yet.

Game world sketch:

https://i.imgur.com/bXT9jz4.png
(Too big to post it here)

That's all I have, I'm working on other game right now.
Fridgecrisis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2925 on: November 04, 2017, 11:51:15 AM »

The year is 2XXX and sailing from east to west in the certain part of the Pacific ocean gets you to the ocean of aforementioned crazy fantasy world.

I don't know about "ENTER." I think "Ascend" is better. But the thing about traveling to this other world in a particular direction by ocean is the part of your post that interests me the most. Does this certain part of the ocean have a name? That might also make a good name for the game.

And based on your map, it looks like you're going for a kind of psychological metaphor theme. I feel like that's a ripe area for good titles.
Zuurix
« Reply #2926 on: November 05, 2017, 03:58:50 AM »

I don't know about "ENTER."

Aw, it works so well...

Does this certain part of the ocean have a name? That might also make a good name for the game.

I've been thinking about it for a while and decided that it's two worlds "sharing" one ocean.

It's Dark Ocean in Luramn (Both names may not be final).

I also don't want to name the game after a location. It's lazy.

And based on your map, it looks like you're going for a kind of psychological metaphor theme. I feel like that's a ripe area for good titles.

Hmm, I don't think I do. "Depression" on my map is like an irradiated zone. Except that mentally damages you.
The closer you are to Depression, the worse you get.

I don't know how to use that to name the game.

I'm looking for a bold one-word name - like "Doom", "Destiny", "Anthem", "Diablo".

"Ascend" is not good because it's a very common word in games.

"Enter and Ascend" is too simple.

What about "Transcendence/Transcend"? Trainwreck of a word, but Google explains it as "Existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level." It's kind of definition of a video game, exactly what I need.

If only it wasn't so long and annoying to pronounce...
Fridgecrisis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2927 on: November 05, 2017, 10:10:18 AM »

Hey, if you like ENTER, then use it. At least as a working title until you have something more developed. Don't let paralysis over a name stop you from actually making something.
SirKnight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: November 26, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »

My game is called: "Car Collector"

Car Collector is a Reaction-Time game that will test your reflexes, you must collect cars as they travel across the screen. Collecting cars gives you money to unlock new ones giving you access to new levels.

imgur: https://imgur.com/a/Uj0Q4
GooglePlay Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sirknight.carcollector&hl=en
AlexGK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2929 on: January 04, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »

I'll give my opinion on the previous one, and then post my own  Tongue

My game is called: "Car Collector"

Well, the name's firmly related to the core mechanism, which is always nice. However, the word "Car" is very common, and that's why is advisable to accompany it with another one, but "Collector" doesn't seem to be very "sticky" or descriptive.

Mine are:
  • Laser Graffiti: 2D beat 'em up where you fight as laser-wielding street criminals.
  • Gyro Bandits: Tilt your phone and shoot your enemies to survive an ambush in space.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:51:19 PM by AlexGK » Logged
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: January 05, 2018, 03:02:35 PM »

I do like Laser Graffiti. It has a nice ring to it.
RunawayDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: February 01, 2018, 07:33:58 PM »

Bold Blade, the bitesize pixel art action RPG where your sword keeps getting bigger! Pursuing the legend of a sword powerful enough to fell mountains, you journey to a remote island populated by demons.

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2932 on: February 02, 2018, 01:45:50 AM »

Bold Blade, the bitesize pixel art action RPG where your sword keeps getting bigger! Pursuing the legend of a sword powerful enough to fell mountains, you journey to a remote island populated by demons.

You should call it Twirling Sword  Wink

helpcomputer0
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2933 on: February 12, 2018, 01:57:40 AM »

Hi, I would like some feedback or suggestions on a name I'm currently working with: Dragon Zero.

The game is a stealth platformer set in a cyberpunk future. "Dragon" and "Zero" are relevant to the story early on. However I'd like to know if this works for the game from the perspective of someone who knows nothing about the story? I found it difficult to find something that was unique, suitable, and pretty good.

Twitter @helpcomputer0
Prime Mover
Dragon Zero - A cyberpunk stealth platformer [Devlog]
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2934 on: February 13, 2018, 03:28:04 AM »

Hi, I would like some feedback or suggestions on a name I'm currently working with: Dragon Zero.
I like the name. Dragon has an asian connotation and zero made me thought of Sub-Zero. So I think it fits the purpose even if I know nothing of the story.

helpcomputer0
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2935 on: February 13, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »

I like the name. Dragon has an asian connotation and zero made me thought of Sub-Zero. So I think it fits the purpose even if I know nothing of the story.

Thanks for the feedback! Coffee

Twitter @helpcomputer0
Prime Mover
Dragon Zero - A cyberpunk stealth platformer [Devlog]
MrErdalUral
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: May 21, 2018, 04:38:29 AM »

I have a few game jam projects that I might commit more time in the future. Can you please rate these names?  Beer!

-- Rogue Crush -- Match-3 Roguelike Arena mashup. -- https://teamcatwheel.itch.io/rogue-crush

-- Keep 'Em Alive -- Hospital management game in zombie apocalypse setting. -- https://teamcatwheel.itch.io/keep-em-alive

-- The Wheel -- Prehistoric infinite runner where player runs from a giant wheel. -- https://teamcatwheel.itch.io/the-wheel
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:49:53 AM by MrErdalUral » Logged
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: May 22, 2018, 12:43:36 AM »

Keep 'Em Alive seems very descriptive of what the game is about, which is nice. I am not a fan of The Wheel, it is just a tad generic. Also, I would avoid naming a game with "Rogue".
htmlhigh5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: May 26, 2018, 09:19:20 PM »

Name: ShockRipple
It's a puzzle game where you must destroy all targets by creating waves with the correct power.
LightningGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 29, 2018, 10:09:44 PM »

Name: Away From Guild
It's a Idle Guild Adventure/Management game, where you send your adventurers out on adventure while growing your guild!
Devlog of this game - https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=64876.0

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic