Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:41:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 618492 times)
verdog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2960 on: July 25, 2018, 05:32:50 AM »

Super Litefite

mushingames
Level 0

Mushin Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2961 on: August 12, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »

I guess I'll go with Pro Office Calculator Cheesy
Zuurix
« Reply #2962 on: August 23, 2018, 01:37:49 AM »

What about HALVED?

A splitscreen co-op and/or PVP* RPG.

The core of the story will be four people with half of their souls stolen** - they are a group of mages dedicated to getting their souls back. Two of them will betray the other two, which will lead to losing one of the arms*** - imagine a magical gate, that requires two people to open it - and the gate burns hands of those who open it. Behind the gate, there's a thing that steals souls.

Optional. Normal, singleplayer gameplay will be available.

It's going to be called "White mana deficiency" or something like that - I'm just writing about "souls" to get the idea across.

This time it's an actual injury, not a way to get superpowers, the game will keep reminding the player that need both hands to X and Y, for example, use a two-handed weapon.
Deckhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2963 on: August 29, 2018, 02:56:41 AM »

What do you think about my space adventure game named "The Last Boundary: a Space Adventure"? I wanted to elicit something akin to Star Trek, hence "Space Adventure", but I thought that on it's own is a little too generic.

bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2964 on: September 05, 2018, 03:41:34 AM »

Damn, how come I haven't stumbled upon this thread before!

What do you think about my space adventure game named "The Last Boundary: a Space Adventure"? I wanted to elicit something akin to Star Trek, hence "Space Adventure", but I thought that on it's own is a little too generic.

For me "The Last Boundary" would be enough. I'm simply not a fan of names that really consist of two separate sentences.

"Secret of the Monkey Island" might be long, but it's a single sentence.

"Sword of the Stars: the Pit" has two sentences. However, it might seem that the 2nd one ("the Pit") indicates that it might be a sub-title, or a name of an episode. In your case, the "a Space Adventure" part is purely about explaning the genre.

I'd go with just the first part. "The Last Boundary" reminds me of "The Last Frontier", so it gives the space vibe right away.

Take care!

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
Deckhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2965 on: September 08, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »

Damn, how come I haven't stumbled upon this thread before!

For me "The Last Boundary" would be enough. I'm simply not a fan of names that really consist of two separate sentences.

"Secret of the Monkey Island" might be long, but it's a single sentence.

"Sword of the Stars: the Pit" has two sentences. However, it might seem that the 2nd one ("the Pit") indicates that it might be a sub-title, or a name of an episode. In your case, the "a Space Adventure" part is purely about explaning the genre.

I'd go with just the first part. "The Last Boundary" reminds me of "The Last Frontier", so it gives the space vibe right away.

Take care!

Thanks.

Haraya Games
Level 0

Awwww!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2966 on: September 21, 2018, 06:37:03 PM »

"I Flew Back Home"
For V.N.
https://haraya.itch.io/i-flew-back-home

Harayasoft
ZOSK
TIGBaby

ZOSK Icon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2967 on: November 09, 2018, 01:11:06 AM »

Okay, I will try.
I’ve been working on a pixelised puzzle game, that I called Blockrush. Is that name good enough ? By the way you can test my game here : https://oskar-codes.itch.io/blockrush
NelStuff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2968 on: November 09, 2018, 03:04:42 AM »

I'm making a voxel sandbox game on GPU and I'm looking for a name.  Smiley
Names I'm considering at the moment:
- Voxel Wizard
- Voxel Sauce
- Voxel Vibe
- Meor
- Simbox

Any suggestions?

koder
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: November 14, 2018, 06:18:00 AM »

Is this thing still on?

"ΔV: Rings of Saturn": hard sci-fi, top-down space simulator, with every aspect backed up by real physics and science.
kverkagambo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: December 20, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »

Guys, help me with the title of the game.
The game is a tactical game where you play as several plague doctors in a world of neverending plague that turns humans into zombies.
Working title is Plaguepunk Desperados. I cannot use Desperados because it is a registered title (for an another great game).
What should I put insted the second word of the title?

Plaguepunk Justice

Comrades and Barons: Solitaire of Bloody 1919
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2971 on: December 27, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »

What about just "Plaguepunk"?

nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: December 28, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »

What about just "Plaguepunk"?

That's what I was thinking. Also, I don't think having it be "Plaguepunk Desperados" would be out of the question just because "Desperados" is the name of another game. It's not a word unique to that game.

kverkagambo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: December 31, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »

I don't know about a single Plaguepunk. It feels a bit pretencious - as if this is the definitive Plaguepunk game, the one and only of the Plaguepunk universe. What do you think about this:

Plaguepunk Justice

Comrades and Barons: Solitaire of Bloody 1919
TonyLi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: December 31, 2018, 12:49:59 PM »

Have confidence in your game and call it Plaguepunk. Unless there's a copyright or trademark issue, or you can't get a good domain name.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2975 on: January 01, 2019, 02:45:12 PM »

Yeah, I think just Plaguepunk is best. Doesn't seem pretentious at all to me. Seems like capitalizing on a lack of someone having already used the name. It's a good position for you to be in and an opportunity you shouldn't miss, in my opinion.

bra_racing
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: January 09, 2019, 04:51:34 AM »

Hi all!

I've developed an android game about Geography called Geograpp, with two game modes: questions and maps. The name doesn't say that it's a game, but on the flip side, it leaves the door open to add more features related with Geography. What do you think?

Some screenshots:

URL in Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sergiobra.geograpp

Thank you!
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: January 09, 2019, 04:56:04 AM »

What do you think about Twaddle Paddle for a fast paced arkanoid ? :3

markychen1905
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: January 12, 2019, 01:29:36 AM »

Hi,
My game name is Chicca Jump. It's a 2D platformer game with a weird style of a jumping mechanic for mobile.
Please let me know if I should keep the game name
Sixmorphugus
Level 0

._.

View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: January 20, 2019, 02:00:23 PM »

Marla Died Too

It's a dark game with a happy exterior. You are Marla, but not the real Marla. Marla died too.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic