Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:48:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 620279 times)
SkaterMagazine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: October 12, 2023, 02:45:17 AM »

I'm on the fence for a name about a dungeon crawler/traditional roguelike game.

I have:

Madcrawl
Boneyard Crusade
AntiCrawl
Dunghack
Dungcrawl
Combustion Dungeon
Doomrooms

Which one do you think is the best/do you have any ideas do a better name?
I think Dungcrawl sounds the best
and I'm in favor of Doomrooms
Neils4
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3081 on: October 22, 2023, 12:30:45 AM »

I’m working on an RPG currently called Big Big Trouble in Little Tokyo. It’s about a man named Nakamura who eradicates bio-monsters at a local toxic waste dump. I think Toxic Waste or Toxic Ooze or Eradicator may be a better name for the game.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 03:08:20 PM by Neils4 » Logged
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3082 on: November 10, 2023, 02:04:31 AM »

Big big trouble in Little Tokyo - I like the "big big trouble", especially if the game is "not too serious". Maybe I'd worry the whole name is too long, but thats just a tiny tiny concern - maybe the issue is actually in the generic "Little Tokyo", I wouldn't mind it if it was called "Big big trouble, Nakamura!" I don't know, "take it with a grain of salt". ;)

DOOMROOMS - Out of the list, this I like the best, it just sounds cool. ;)

Remembering My Murder - Sounds intriguing to me. :) Kinda like "How I died" (= what comes to mind), which sells the concept, but more "atmospheric". (alt. Memento Mei Mori :p probably not as good as english tho)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 02:36:07 AM by DarkGran » Logged
Computerblade
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3083 on: November 29, 2023, 03:50:37 AM »

Im making a medieval based fighting game

The current name is Medieval Fighters
How does it sound? If so I can change it Smiley
And where do I ask for name suggestions? here?
Thanks!

Cblade
The guy behind Medieval Fighters
Also the guy who is a procrastinator
giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 20, 2023, 05:36:02 AM »

I am making a car racing game, which I am posting the dev logs here:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=74561.0

Basically it is a racing game one vs one, which has realistic physics, with different tracks and kinds of terrain which the players go over. Also there will be fuel consumption and a mechanic damage system. Now I am thinking about a name for my game. I have some ideias in mind, I particularlly liked the following ones:

- Fuel duel
- Trail duel
- Ignition duel
- Ignition racing
- Trail ignite

Are any of them good names for this game? Which is the best? I accept new suggestions too!

Michael.Lozynsky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: January 01, 2024, 01:12:16 PM »

I'm working on an atmospheric Third Person Survival Horror, where you fight monsters and try to overcome the evil of a creature who delves into peoples minds and constructs personalised Hells for them, so he can keep them in a coma like dream state, within this nightmare as he feeds off their life force, misery and fear.

I thought the game might end up taking place in a quasi-futuristic, yet old looking world. A bit of a mish-mash of neo-noir, steampunk and horror asthetic's.

Here's a link to a game-play vid of the game in Production to give you a rough idea of what it's like:

At the moment, the working title for this game is:
Future Shock: Armageddon.

Also the game may end up having sort of tower defence, build your own stuff to keep the monsters away sort of elements.
Which just feels wrong, to me.
maxwell_ford
« Reply #3086 on: January 11, 2024, 04:34:45 AM »

Name of the game:

Fright of light

The game is a first person stealth horror game where you are kid hiding from a monster roaming your house at night, while your parents are at work. Player must find a way to either kill the monster or get a solid evidence about it's existence. The name is referencing one of the mechanics of the game, where the monster can see you from much better distance if you are in  light, which obviously makes the game harder.

Alternative name for this was fear of light.

What do you guys think about the current name? Or do you have any better recommendations?
banjotoadstudio
Level 0

who knew they made banjos this small

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3087 on: February 09, 2024, 09:02:55 AM »

Ahoy! I'm currently working on One-Thousand Cuts (or stylized as 1000CUTS), a pixel-art one-hit-kill side-scroller about a 16-bit samurai torn between loyalty and honor. 1000CUTS is title I'm pretty happy with, HOWEVER, I'm putting out a separate demo build of the game based on numerous suggestions, and I'm struggling to come up with a sub-title that appropriately communicates "This is a demo"

The Top Contenders:
- One-Thousand Cuts: JOMAKU (Japanese for an opening act / monologue to "raise the curtain" on a kabuki play)
- One-Thousand Cuts: IAIDO (meaning "Drawing of the sword" it's the first thing you'd do when engaging an enemy with a katana)
- One-Thousand Cuts: HAJIME (meaning "begin!" shouted at the start of a kenjutsu match, which features heavily in the demo)
- One-Thousand Cuts: ZERO (like the number 0).

The primary goal of the demo title is to catch the eye, high click-through rate, all that. The description of the game is explicit that it's a free demo build and not the finished game, and will also likely contain the definition / explanation of the subtitle if we go with a Japanese option.

Thanks so much for your feedback and any other suggestions you might have!

PS - this is my first ever attempt at making a game, feel free to check out the current demo build here.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3088 on: February 25, 2024, 02:30:33 AM »

Ahoy! I'm currently working on One-Thousand Cuts (or stylized as 1000CUTS), a pixel-art one-hit-kill side-scroller about a 16-bit samurai torn between loyalty and honor. 1000CUTS is title I'm pretty happy with, HOWEVER, I'm putting out a separate demo build of the game based on numerous suggestions, and I'm struggling to come up with a sub-title that appropriately communicates "This is a demo"

The Top Contenders:
- One-Thousand Cuts: JOMAKU (Japanese for an opening act / monologue to "raise the curtain" on a kabuki play)
- One-Thousand Cuts: IAIDO (meaning "Drawing of the sword" it's the first thing you'd do when engaging an enemy with a katana)
- One-Thousand Cuts: HAJIME (meaning "begin!" shouted at the start of a kenjutsu match, which features heavily in the demo)
- One-Thousand Cuts: ZERO (like the number 0).

The primary goal of the demo title is to catch the eye, high click-through rate, all that. The description of the game is explicit that it's a free demo build and not the finished game, and will also likely contain the definition / explanation of the subtitle if we go with a Japanese option.

Thanks so much for your feedback and any other suggestions you might have!

PS - this is my first ever attempt at making a game, feel free to check out the current demo build here.

1000CUTS:zero or 1000CUTS:0 is the best.
(Really cool name btw)

The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

https://hmmmgames.itch.io

How to be saved
Green Matrix
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: April 11, 2024, 01:32:37 AM »

Candy man's chocolate factory (i came up with that name in like a minute dont judge me)
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic