Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:49:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTiny Breakers Camp - Pixel fantasy, brick breaker
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Tiny Breakers Camp - Pixel fantasy, brick breaker  (Read 4557 times)
JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2023, 02:47:46 AM »

Hi there! This short devlog is dedicated to Tiny Breakers Camp.

Gameplay

Description
TBC is a small brick breaker, situated in fantasy world where you can choose one of heroes and challenge various enemies around your land. Everything packed in nice pixel art.

Mechanics
As all brick breakers TBC is also focus of crushing blocks but this time there are going to be enemies on the other side of the wall. They will have their own spells and aggressive supporters. Player will have to utilise map resources to cast his own spells and buffs to be able to win the battle. One mission can consist of few battles so health management will be important in the game.
During game we can collect gems and coins which will be needed to improve player strength in the "Camp"
Game will support game-pads and keyboard.

Hero Data:

Gameplay
You will have a choice to play a campaign and liberate you land or to play a random mission.

Campaign map:

Spells
Player will be able to collect some spells on the map, which will grant various buffs or benefits. Additional resources, damage, crits chance or mercenaries and many more, this will be randomised system. Some Heroes will have more slots for spells than the other depending on the hero class.

Spells data:

Developer - JuTek Pixel
By the way you can visit:
-  Steam page - https://store.steampowered.com/app/2619900/Tiny_Breakers_Camp
- itch.io page - https://jutek-pixel.itch.io/tiny-breakers-camp
- and my Discord for regular updates - https://discord.gg/ksKywp58pB

Other screenshots

Simple Gameplay:

Capsule

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 08:32:34 AM by JuTek » Logged

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 12:20:30 PM »

Map generation in progress, some new boxes, spell system and enemies system testing. Quite busy last few days but there is a visible progress Smiley

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 03:48:21 AM »

Enemy Spells

Finally implemented a system that will allow enemy to cast some spells during combat.
There might be more than one spell in Enemy arsenal. They will be triggered in regular time intervals and will add some different bonuses to Enemy - additional shield on wall, health, supporter boxes on map etc.
The stronger the enemy the stronger spells and more of them Smiley

Here on screenshot it is an easy enemy with only two spells, each one level_1 spell (+health, +defensive shields)
Time counter responsible for triggering spell. There can be only one spell triggered at the time.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 11:26:23 AM by JuTek » Logged

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 09:20:28 PM »

Just couldn't sleep so here we go...

« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 09:38:58 PM by JuTek » Logged

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 03:25:43 AM »

Gameplay

« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 12:01:34 PM by JuTek » Logged

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 07:28:03 PM »

Hi there, I have been working recently to add a special attack for my first hero. He is holding a hammer there will be a hammer  attack obviously  Well, hello there!

forest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 05:40:48 AM »

i am the first commentator here
the game crafted with love and care
i see some amount of work
i like this pixel style
maybe i even will try the game
JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 07:24:45 AM »

I am trying to give the game more feel, here is some small sample of gameplay with a bit more  FX effects.

forest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 08:48:42 AM »

your smile was a bit not good
i am not ashamed to say it
i even could explain why in case you "don't know"
how many hours you spent on this?
did you make and code and graphics?
JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023, 10:19:26 AM »

Hello, I am not sure if i understand correctly, do you refer to the sound in the end when enemy is dead?

forest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2023, 04:29:35 PM »

i am sure u b know that i was talking about your smile that in the context looked for me bitchy as i got a feeling that you took me for someone pathetic and funny
i am sure u b know that i was talking about your smile and not about the sound
your reply is awkward and ignored what i said clearly
bye b
JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2023, 10:58:57 PM »

Honestly, I didn't know... bye.

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2023, 12:21:57 AM »

Looks cute! I like the tiny style.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023, 01:27:35 AM »

Most of the pixels are from Minifantasy assets pack from Krishna Palacio, highly recommended. I like his minimalist style.
I have drawn myself part of UI, some icons, VFX etc and I am doing coding of course.

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2023, 01:53:35 AM »

Hi there, I have been busy recently updating spawning system and at the same time i have implemented few FXs to the game.
It is amazing how the game feel changing with just few tricks.

I decided to just share a short video with differences before and after implementation.

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2023, 09:18:29 AM »

Small gif so I will just drop it here...

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2023, 12:32:02 PM »

Ok here is a bit improved version of the same animation.

So I spend last few days polishing this algorithm to achieve as satisfying feeling as possible for this animation. It started to look really nice. At the beginning it was just a plain animation of gems moving along straight line but I tried to add a jump and it actually looked really cool. So I add jumps animation for all the gems Smiley

As a second improvement I have add a chests animation and SFX so that it has a feeling like chest are opening and spawning all the goodies. Chest are making small jumps and in the end rolling and opening with nice sound.

Finally there is a bunch of particles that are appearing at the spawning point, jump point and in the end. With a bit of glowing post-processing it adds a nice feeling.

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2023, 01:17:04 PM »

Hi there, recently i have prepared more gifs for Steam page so i though I might as well drop the here.
I still need to work to improve a map, it looks monotonic at the moment but I will add some random elements to make it more interesting and eye appealing.
Besides I want to prepare few types of environments so maps will reflect a campaign progress.

Special Attack

You can see here that Enemies will be able to call their cronies on the battlefield that will be able to throw some projectiles toward player (projectiles under development). I want to give player the same option later on.

Enemy Death

Player Death

Final Battle reward

Cheers!

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2023, 11:47:28 AM »

Hi there, last few days i was quite busy but i manage to make some additions to TBC so here we go...

1. I've added a new spell or attack if you prefer, rockets  Well, hello there!
This is going to be one of the blue spells that can appear on the map as a loot. I am still working on the explosion VFX and sound effects but it start to look good.

2. There is a "Bonus" window now! I realised that there might not be enough of the opportunities to heal the player or resupply special attack so i add a pick-able feature "Star" that  will have a chance to be looted from all the boxes and when collected it will trigger this bonus window.
It will have few bonuses, health, resupply special weapon, summon supporter on a map, spawn defensive boxes on map, spawn treasure boxes on map. All with different price, from different gem pools.

3. Improved end window and add achievement pop-up information. I want every map on campaign to unblock something (new supporter or spell) so i created this system that will partially linked with Steam achievement system.

4. Hero does not need to fight alone. If Enemy can call their minions to fight so do hero. There will be an opportunity to call some tiny supporters on the map to help a bit break the wall. On early maps it might not be that important but in late game on stronger enemies it might actually make a difference.
You noticed probably that enemies will trow some projectiles as well  Ninja

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2023, 02:07:28 AM »

Hi there!

Allow me to share with you a recent progress for TBC. I have spent past few days on improving map, adding new features, playing with light just to add a bit more life to the map. Here are the results:

BAFORE

AFTER

So how I get there? Here is what I've added:

1. Torches with light on the wall and some patches on the floor. General light was reduced and torches are providing some light from the sides.
Floor was very monotonic so i add some patches that are spawning randomly.

Torches and floor patches

2. Randomly spawned additions on floor and walls. There are few with small creatures animations.
I have also couple of color variants for each.

...and another

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 03:02:19 PM by JuTek » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic