Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:44:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFACEMINER - 90s Data Harvesting Hardcore Clicker Thriller
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FACEMINER - 90s Data Harvesting Hardcore Clicker Thriller  (Read 2423 times)
wristworkdev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2023, 11:38:44 AM »

/!\ Beta demo available to download on Itch for Windows, OSX and Linux! Go to https://wristwork.itch.io/faceminer and scroll to the bottom of the page /!\

Hey everyone, I'm excited to be sharing a beta demo for the experimental game I've been working on called FACEMINER.

It has a tutorial, and should hopefully be reasonably self-explanatory (as far a data harvesting simulator set in 1999 can be), but I would love to hear any gameplay feedback or bugs people run into. If nothing else, you probably played nothing else quite like it today.

Brief overview: FACEMINER is an experimental, narrative-driven management sim where you biometric processing empire from scratch. Classify dubiously sourced biometric data, upgrade mining infrastructure, and scale up your AI surveillance empire to obscene ends in this hardcore thriller clicker.

For more info, you can check out the Steam page here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2276980/FACEMINER/

/!\ Beta demo available to download on Itch for Windows, OSX and Linux! Go to https://wristwork.itch.io/faceminer and scroll to the bottom of the page /!\
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 01:25:15 AM by wristworkdev » Logged
LinsonLime
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 05:36:43 PM »

This was really cool! The atmosphere flips all the right switches in my brain. It's also really hard! (In a good way) I tried for around an hour and got nowhere close to finishing it. I can't tell if by design you're not supposed to be able to complete the demo? Either way, I'll probably play it some more later. Maybe show it to some friends. Keep up the good work!

(Btw, the link to the itch.io page in your post is broken.)
wristworkdev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 01:30:25 AM »

This was really cool! The atmosphere flips all the right switches in my brain. It's also really hard! (In a good way) I tried for around an hour and got nowhere close to finishing it. I can't tell if by design you're not supposed to be able to complete the demo? Either way, I'll probably play it some more later. Maybe show it to some friends. Keep up the good work!

(Btw, the link to the itch.io page in your post is broken.)

Hey, thank you so much for playing, and for the kind words! It really means a lot.
I can't believe the links were broken, have fixed this now Cheesy

The demo is meant to be pretty hard, but possible to complete. I have just pushed up a tweak to the mechanics so datasets in the marketplace now regenerate instead of expiring forever -- I figured there was enough ways for the game to end already without this added pressure. It makes a few more playstyles (eg slow and steady) possible, but should still be pretty hard.

Thanks again  Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic