Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:54:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMi (alpha-version)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mi (alpha-version)  (Read 3106 times)
4mlr
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2009, 03:36:54 AM »

New video:

Old video:

More screenshots: http://www.qwertypic.org.ua/mi.htm

Controls:
Space (Left mouse button) - Split
R (Right mouse button) - Start a new map.
Esc - Exit the game

Download: 
http://www.qwertypic.org.ua/download/mi-igf.zip (IGF version)
http://www.qwertypic.org.ua/download/mi.zip (2,5 MB)

Hello everyone! Now I develop this game and I very need your feedback. Please, tell me what you think about it.
P.S. Sorry if something will be written wrong - my english is very bad. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:49:04 AM by 4mlr » Logged
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:55:04 AM »

I only watched the video, but I understand the concept.
Seems like a fun idea, but the game looked a little too slow at times.

This is definitely something that could be fun at first, but I think you will have to change the concept a bit over time if you want to keep the players hooked, and also increase the speed of the bubbles. Not necessarily from the beginning, but at least make them a bit faster over time.

Great concept, but it will need variation after a while.

bigbossSNK
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:00:02 AM »

Though you only provide 10 levels, there's enough variety and added features to prove this  concept can work. So much so, that I think you'd be better off including the level editor!
Also, from a programmer's perspective, the game is smooth, never losing a frame even on my netbook.

Here's a few changes to consider:
-Switch level 10 with level 9. Level 9 has a more epic, final boss kind of feel to it, and should be played last.
-The end screen is cool, but it would be much more memorable if the edges of the letters were invisible (as in black instead of white). That way, the player would explore his way toward the information, rather than being presented with an End Game screen.
gorgyme
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »

I quite liked it, though the level order was a bit weird. Level 5 was a lot harder than level 10, and bigbossSNK is right level 9 should be the final level.

A level editor would be nice also.
4mlr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 02:10:15 AM »

-Switch level 10 with level 9. Level 9 has a more epic, final boss kind of feel to it, and should be played last.

Level 10 is last because it more easy that 9. I tried to do version after playing in which player feel himself like after playing in finished game.

-The end screen is cool, but it would be much more memorable if the edges of the letters were invisible (as in black instead of white). That way, the player would explore his way toward the information, rather than being presented with an End Game screen.

I also thought about it, but if done this now, letter "D" is read like "O". But it's very good idea and maybe I will write "D" in another way.

johnnoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 04:15:27 AM »

Okay wow, I safely say that this is the deepest one button game I've ever seen (restart button doesn't count)

I actually liked level 10 being more laid back, the music reflecting this would've made it more clear and making it seem more like a bonus level after the final level.

Excellent level design and great music choice, especially for 'just an alpha'

I really think that this concept has promise as an iphone game or something along those lines, great job!  Hand Thumbs Up LeftGrin
4mlr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 09:32:14 AM »

Okay wow, I safely say that this is the deepest one button game I've ever seen (restart button doesn't count)

I actually liked level 10 being more laid back, the music reflecting this would've made it more clear and making it seem more like a bonus level after the final level.

Excellent level design and great music choice, especially for 'just an alpha'

I really think that this concept has promise as an iphone game or something along those lines, great job!  Hand Thumbs Up LeftGrin
Thanks.
4mlr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 04:45:17 AM »

I send this game on IGF student competition. Beer!
Also I have new video of the game:

If you want play in version which i send - http://www.qwertypic.org.ua/download/mi-igf.zip
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:49:18 AM by 4mlr » Logged
PixelFriends
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 05:58:38 AM »

great concept!  the video really shows off the variety well.
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 10:27:41 AM »

I really like it, but I got stuck on level 5. I don't know whether this is because I suck at computer games, or whether that level needs some fine-tuning (or placing later in the sequence). I must have tried level 5 about 20 times before giving up.

Great music, as well.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »

Level 5 was easy (3 tries).. Level 4 was 20ish.. Level 7..  Shocked. Cool game! Figuring out LV 7. EDIT: Oh, I *can* split again, just not immediately.. is there an indicator for when?

destiny is truth pre-op
4mlr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 01:42:02 AM »

Level 5 was easy (3 tries).. Level 4 was 20ish.. Level 7..  Shocked. Cool game! Figuring out LV 7. EDIT: Oh, I *can* split again, just not immediately.. is there an indicator for when?
Each level has limit of heroes in game.
James Kaudewitz
Level 0

Aughmogmog!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 11:06:32 AM »

That game is pretty cool. Great concept. If executed right, this game will be pretty amazing! Hope to see the final product soon!

est. February 2009
4mlr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 04:30:06 AM »

That game is pretty cool. Great concept. If executed right, this game will be pretty amazing! Hope to see the final product soon!
I hope too   Smiley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:09:39 AM by 4mlr » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic