Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:44:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFirst Game, First Post! Hi Everybody! ..a Roguelite without Guns??
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: First Game, First Post! Hi Everybody! ..a Roguelite without Guns??  (Read 902 times)
PukenGuts
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2023, 01:42:09 PM »

Hey folks! I've heard great things about this forum, figured it was time I finally joined up. Looking forward to checking out what everybody is working on and playing. Dang I've missed forums!

Anyways, this is my first game, I started it during the covid lockdowns, had to shelve it for a while due to super-full-time job in the real world, but I've been back at it and very excited to continue perfecting it!

http://youtu.be/-CooY2v4LUs?si=GS2bN4162WcTPhr3

The basic loop is that you need to "make it to the chopper". I'm aiming for somewhere in the realm of pac-man/roguelite/survival, if that makes any sense! You're able to drag objects around to use as barricades, and after every level you get a choice of randomized upgrades. All the player combat is melee based, and designed to be pretty ineffectual. More like buying yourself some distance from the attacking monsters. The current build on Steam is weighted more towards being able to kill enemies, but I'm stripping a lot of that out of the upcoming update to really emphasize the barricading and running angle.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic