Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:37:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUltraCook - Line Chef Simulator (now with multiplayer!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UltraCook - Line Chef Simulator (now with multiplayer!)  (Read 1576 times)
crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2023, 07:50:14 PM »

Been working on a line chef sim for two weeks now, made a lot of progress. I worked as a chef before and thought it was a cool idea Cool

Stoves, boiling pot, saute, oven, ticket system, pass all working!

I made a small menu also:
- Thai Chilli Prawns, Salmon Fillet, Fillet Steak, Mussels Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right

Forgot to mention I also added fundamental audio.

Here's me doing some tickets! Salmon Fillet and a Fillet Steak.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 06:44:41 PM by crimmerz » Logged

crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 08:15:22 PM »

Wooh, it's been a good couple of days in terms of progress for this!

Bunch of quality of life improvements, the player can be more efficient now. As well as quite a big map update.

Also finished the ticketing system (of course there might be minor changes to it in the future).

Added a menu screen with difficulty options + Settings!
The difficulty options go: (from easiest to hardest) "Monday lunch", "Thursday lunch", "Saturday night".

SCORE AND RANKING SYSTEM IMPLEMENTED.
The system is based on how many dishes you put out, how well they are cooked and the ratio of complaints to compliments.

See you in the next update, playtesting would be good now actually, so maybe in the next post I'll have that ready to go.

Much love Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right crimmerz

crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 08:15:15 AM »

Hey all,

I'm really proud to say that Cook Punk is open for beta testing now!  Beer! Cool

I've been working a lot on this so please any feedback is really appreciated!

https://zodee.itch.io/cook-punk

And sorry in advanced if you find bugs! Let me know if you find any and I will squash them :D

Thanks all!,

crimmerz
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 07:27:02 PM by crimmerz » Logged

crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 04:40:56 PM »

Hey all!

Just wanted to update everyone on things since the open beta launch Well, hello there!

I'm still chugging along working. However, I will be away for a week due to travel. But rest assured I will be brainstorming and fixing bugs theoretically Noir

I'm made some progress already tho!

• Items you're holding won't clip through things anymore, looks much nicer now!
  • Added boiling/pasta baskets to the boiling pot, now the boiling pot is much more fleshed out Beer!

That's all for now! Oh and the custom recipes feature is what I'll be focusing next! It should be pretty easy with the way
I set up the recipes in the first place.

It feels nice when systems you put in place in the beginning make adding later features easier Kiss

Alright bye for now.

crimmerz

crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 03:42:33 PM »

Hey everyone, long time no see (it's been a week and a bit)

I've had some recent time to think, and while I've been working on the design process of implementing
new features such as new stations like grill and pot wash. I've kind of had to face the reality that this
game was originally intended to be multiplayer, and has always had that as a part of the final game.

The use of different stations and parts of the kitchen just begs the game to have multiplayer, and I can't
help but realize how fun it would be.

So I've made the decision to implement multiplayer now rather than later, as it's very important to me.
I want to be able to play with my friends, on a personal level, and since it's my project I'm gonna do what I want Corny Laugh

Multiplayer is not a walk in the park it's a big deal, but with my experience in multiplayer development and new found
knowledge on things I previously thought were too complex before (I would always say I'll get to it eventually, so now's the time).

All in all, it'll take some time, but trust that once it's implemented this will be the best thing I've done in the development of Cook Punk.

Rest assured Singleplayer is and will be just as important and cared for.

I appreciate your patience for those who are waiting!!,

crimmerz

crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 09:11:37 PM »

Hey all!

Big update and good news Gomez

Multiplayer is now in Cook Punk! Hand Any Key

Since the last post I've been working on multiplayer tirelessly.
The multiplayer is online, with lobbying fully implemented

I've been implementing the multiplayer with an authoritative-server design. And I will continue to tweak and polish all the nooks and crannies.

+ As promised, Grill system has been added!

As seen in the above gif, the grilling system is fully functioning. One my favourite parts about it
is that you can organize you're grill. Food safety is important, and it wouldn't make sense for that aspect
to be inaccurate. Of course this is all optional you can grill however you want haha.

I also added some new ingredients: garlic bread & chicken, all grillables!
As well as that, I revamped the boiling system a little now you must use boiling baskets!

Soon to come: Playtesting

I'll be running playtests in the next few days, if you're interested please let me know via here, or the game's discord https://discord.gg/Gx6tamsBs9

Feeling hopeful!

crimmerz
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 09:22:28 PM by crimmerz » Logged

crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2023, 10:11:01 PM »

Hey all, been a bit of a time since I last updated on the development

I have been working on the game tho! Here's what I have right now

+ Custom menus/recipes! + UI Improvements

You can make you're own menus and recipes/dishes now! This is also fully functional in multiplayer! So you can now play you're custom menus with friends too!

As you can see you can add new menus completely, modify menus, add dishes, modify dishes.
Just simply select a menu from the menus column, then start adding or modifying dishes. All available ingredients
and garnishes are available on the ingredients column on the right.

Also, now there's actually somewhat of a 'house-style' to the games UI!

+ Fryer!
A deep fryer has been implemented, right now you can only make fries, but I plan to add onion rings, calamari and other things possibly such as corn ribs. Please let me know of any suggestions! Suggestions for new items/ingredients will always be welcomed and this will be an ongoing thing.

Soon(er) to come: Playtesting

I said I was going to run playtests in the next few days, but I honestly felt I needed to polish a bit more, so it's been postponed, but now we're a couple steps closer to playtesting!

Been very tired recently, but feeling hopeful and staying diligent to the vision!
I hope you guys like it

crimmerz
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 10:55:02 AM by crimmerz » Logged

crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 06:44:33 PM »

Hey all,

Big update, I actually made this progress weeks ago but I just didn't get the chance to post here Kiss

So, what's new?

+ New enemy AI!

Now, whenever you get an order wrong or run out of time on a ticket, a Front of House
waiter appears and throws plate projectiles at your (or your friend's) head!

This is a big gameplay choice that I made sort of on a whim, but I hope the reception is good!
If not I'll definitley have to do some rethinking... Wizard

This addition thus leads into the other new feature!

+ Combat!
For the first time, there is combat! Murder the waiter with a swift crack to there head with a frying pan Mock Anger

That's all for now!

crimmerz
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 09:33:31 PM by crimmerz » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic