Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:05:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLevel Up! [1.0.4] FINISHED
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Level Up! [1.0.4] FINISHED  (Read 39972 times)
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2009, 05:41:25 AM »

if you get 100 percent and played the demo you can get a grasp of what the ending saying.
but I think it goes like this

pacifist is the chosen one that some white hair soon to be mock/parodied figure with a huge sword wants due to it a total wuss and thinks this child(pacifist) would shove his (I think it's a he from the short dialog about the person) over compensating sword up his rump(which is silly how less violent she was during the entire game if anything she might fit in the peaceful monk class with all that non killing action and that flash back she had must been done in a photo shoot at a mall).
In fact the all the murdering death is when you unlock the demo which takes 4th wall breaking harmless fun and drop 5 layers of frank miller dark on that.
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Titch/level-up

Kong version is up. For those of you that prefer it. Hopefully I'll get enough rates that I can get Badges added and the game can be mostly like the NG equivalent.

@Supershigi: A lot of stuff ended up being condensed into the ending, so it can seem kind of confusing. With more planning I think it could have done with some kind of mid point goal/cutscene the explained stuff.

Basically the Nameless Girl has been searching for a weapon with which to kill god. God came to stop her (in the form of the boy) and erased her memory so she would stop trying to find that weapon, the small hitch is that he erases his own memory in the process. The memory wipe fractured her personality between the new her and old, power hungry her. Her nightmare is of her repressed 'old' self. When she uses the computer to reverse the damage of the memory wipe, she returns to that old state. It also reverses the memory damage on the Boy who, remembers he is god and comes to stop her.

The talking leaver was one of those last minute additions, born of 3am editing madness. It's the sort of thing my maniac sense of humour tends to lean towards when left unchecked. I'm glad you enjoyed the game Smiley

@Rumrusher

Epileptic

Well that's certainly one way of interpreting it.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »

Wow, those are some tough comments. Tough rating, too - the 3.91 I'm seeing right now isn't good enough for badges.

Kongregate really is the cruelest Flash portal around, but that's why I like it, in the "If you can make it there you can make it anywhere" sense. But the bugs are definitely a legitimate complaint, they've been the weakest part of this game almost from the start.

Suggestion: That statement that you won't fix bugs to work on the sequel can be interpreted as saying "I've abandoned this product (screw you guys)" and I saw a comment that took it in that way. It crushes people's faith to make such a definite statement about what won't be done, and it probably would have been better to leave it out.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2009, 10:03:53 PM »

Hey sweet I'm in the credits!
Haven't got 100% yet, missing one thing from the codex. Wait a sec.
It was the door to the computer. (Yes I beat the game without ever talking to the door.)
Didn't show 100% in main screen, but it did in stats. Computer didn't recognize my 100%. When I restarted the game, my save broke. I'm not playing the whole game again, sorry. (might later if theres kong badges)
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2009, 01:02:50 AM »

Wow, those are some tough comments. Tough rating, too - the 3.91 I'm seeing right now isn't good enough for badges.

Kongregate really is the cruelest Flash portal around, but that's why I like it, in the "If you can make it there you can make it anywhere" sense. But the bugs are definitely a legitimate complaint, they've been the weakest part of this game almost from the start.

Suggestion: That statement that you won't fix bugs to work on the sequel can be interpreted as saying "I've abandoned this product (screw you guys)" and I saw a comment that took it in that way. It crushes people's faith to make such a definite statement about what won't be done, and it probably would have been better to leave it out.

I knew the users at Kongregate where going to be a bunch of immature wankers about it. The difference between that at NG is that I actually owe Tom my support, because he helped push my game. It seems like most of the -big- problems where caused -BY- the Kongregate API as well. Which is not impressive at all Sad

It would be nice if my rating was high enough for badges. Since the support is already built in and all. But I don't really care about getting a high rating on Kong that much, I wasn't expecting them to take to it -at all- because it's a punishing and unfair game.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

@Supershigi: A lot of stuff ended up being condensed into the ending, so it can seem kind of confusing. With more planning I think it could have done with some kind of mid point goal/cutscene the explained stuff.

Basically the Nameless Girl has been searching for a weapon with which to kill god. God came to stop her (in the form of the boy) and erased her memory so she would stop trying to find that weapon, the small hitch is that he erases his own memory in the process. The memory wipe fractured her personality between the new her and old, power hungry her. Her nightmare is of her repressed 'old' self. When she uses the computer to reverse the damage of the memory wipe, she returns to that old state. It also reverses the memory damage on the Boy who, remembers he is god and comes to stop her.

The talking leaver was one of those last minute additions, born of 3am editing madness. It's the sort of thing my maniac sense of humour tends to lean towards when left unchecked. I'm glad you enjoyed the game Smiley

@Rumrusher

Epileptic

Well that's certainly one way of interpreting it.

CrazyEpileptic
wait what? wait huh oh ha Screamy wait 94% memory corruption reboot?
wait this makes no sense with gather up, unless lvl 25 GOD no wait lvl.27 Jesus since kf muh mind has been blowned.
this changes every thing every thing!
that opens up so many questions
like why can't god jump.
is gather up between the after time GOD first encounter of pacifist and before level up? (the game where you spend most of your time not sinning only to know God still piss at you) which could answer why he can't jump due to losing that ability.
the main one why can you have a relationship with GOD. man you drop 5 layers of dadaist paint on this 4th wall breaking game.

man titch you even shock me.
how can one dash stun invincibility GOD oh man I can never look at that boy the same way again. oh god that newground medal of GOD kissing pacifist oh god give 50 gems to that handsome God who broke your fence. man I was right about the second coming about was wrong about who.
wow that changes EVERYTHING. makes talking to 'the boy' really awkward if one spent there entire game grinding health and building their relationship yeah. to what one could say Fanfic bait. so she trying to find the sword of Olympus?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:15:28 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »

Just got an email from Greg.

Looks like Kong medals are a-go as soon as I can stop the API from fucking my game up.

Tears of Joy

Curseman
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »

I had this game freeze on me after using the computer a second time after winning the game.  I didn't have 100% gems.

I don't know if this has been fixed, because it was kind of a while ago, but since this is the first time I noticed you had this thread here, I thought I'd mention it.
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2009, 02:57:29 AM »

Fixed the Kong API as well as a bunch of other small bugs.

I swear to god this is the last time I post in this topic before I put the Gather Up Devlog thread up!

EDIT: Vanguard, could you be more specific about how you caused the bug? You talked to the computer a second time without having 100% and the game froze up? Froze up entirely, or just stopped taking input to the character?

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2009, 03:30:26 AM »

no control on the character.
every thing plays normally but pacifist is stuck there like god fed up with her shenanigans and froze her in that statue like state.
one could work around that by reloading and NOT go to the computer until you got everything.
and reach 100 %
Curseman
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2009, 01:52:30 AM »

Vanguard, could you be more specific about how you caused the bug? You talked to the computer a second time without having 100% and the game froze up? Froze up entirely, or just stopped taking input to the character?

Unfortunately, it was long enough ago that I don't remember.  All that I recall is that it made it so I could not keep playing.  Sorry.
Fiyasoldier
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »

Thats some really good music , is it possible to download it or somethin?
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2009, 04:39:21 AM »

I'm sure that can be arranged. I've only got mod files mind you.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2009, 07:53:50 AM »

I've been asked about the music over PM a few times already. The original MODs can be had here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/254701/levelup/levelup_ost.zip

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2009, 10:15:20 AM »

Well I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one being bothered to supply the music to people XD.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2009, 06:03:33 PM »

I took a little extra time to upload the music onto Jamendo, where it is streamable, downloadable, etc.

It has to go through moderation, which is supposed to take about three days, but in any case, this is the link.

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »

I love that cover.  Tears of Joy

I'll mirror the link at Newgrounds/Kong for anyone that's interested.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2009, 12:09:20 AM »

Finally got around to getting 100%. Was totally worth it. (Not saying much since it only took me 15 minutes, as I knew what I was doing, but thats not the point.)

Can't get into detail on how I liked it without spoilers, but there isn't any part of it I didn't like.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »

don't worry I think titch spoiled the whole game already with his answer.
which I still can get rid of the ideas, images, of the girl having a awkward conversation with God about the time when both had amnesia(building up relationships and growing fond with him). is it wrong to see a small chance at love.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2009, 02:36:19 AM »

don't worry I think titch spoiled the whole game already with his answer.
Titch didn't spoil the 100% bonus, and I don't plan on spoiling it it either.
I would recommend getting 100% if you haven't yet though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic