Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:08:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLevel Up! [1.0.4] FINISHED
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Level Up! [1.0.4] FINISHED  (Read 39967 times)
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »

I never get these things out as often as I would like. I've been working on a trailer, but it's not been going very well :|

ADDED
+ New Music
+ LEARNING Levels, every 25% compleation gets you one
+ Exp Boost from getting LEARNING levels
+ SLEEP levels, every sleep level earns you an extra minutes of day time.
+ All NPC quests done
+ All Codex items (even the horrible monster) now locatable
+ Added two new postboxes and moved one of the giant gems.
+ A new gem trade event to get into SACRED GROUND.
+ Higher cost to quest related skills (now 50 gems a pop rather than 10)
+ Titles on stats screen.
+ Collecting gems to damage boss is a little more dramatic
+ Boss now levels up.

STILL BORKED STUFF
- Exp Icons
- Music master volume doesn't work
- Game percentage still confusing and has some -slight- exploits
- Saving/Loading

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 06:42:07 PM »

All of the music has glitchy playback and sounds horrible Sad I knew I should have paid more attention to the player we were using.

There are two ways we could fix this. I could go back and change the data, which is going to be a time consuming iterative process of editing the entire song, importing the result into Flod, and revising, to get a result that sounds sort of like what I originally intended, or we can change to this player, which I just tested and seems to work more-or-less acceptably with my data - there are still differences, but they will be easy to fix, unlike the situation with Flod. I'd much prefer the latter, and if you're uncomfortable working with that code, I should be able to get you a SWC containing everything.

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2009, 04:05:28 AM »

I had wanted to use FMP origionally, but was shying away from it because it used HaXe, which I don't understand or use ever. I'm going to get the source today and see if I can make head or tail of it.

I exported the code to AS3 using HaXe which made a HILARIOUS mess. Which I tried to fix and then failed. If you can get me and SWC, that would be fine.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:21:46 AM by Titch » Logged

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2009, 04:02:22 PM »

New version up. Not a huge amount of stuff. Fixed the problems with the music (thanks TripleFox!). Made some minor game play adjustments and made some small tweaks. Threw a splash screen on the front. Worked on the data Serializing for saving/loading but it's still buggy as hell.

Fixed
+ Music
+ Death now takes 60 seconds off your time, and looks a bit better
+ Teleporting now has sound and flashes work a bit better
+ Boss health bar flashes when it takes damage
+ No more blur on the hint text
+ Exp icons now use all their frames of animation

Issue
- Music volume doesn't scale, (it does mute though).
- Stats completions percentage messes up sometimes.
- Loading game doesn't have any impact. Should at least fade for a short time.
- Save game data still imperfect, doesn't hold music or achievement status.
- Still missing bits of dialogue.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »

0.94:

-Talking to the boy after losing your memory a second time causes a playthrough stopper during the dialogue.
-You can open the menu as the screen fades out at the end of the day and select "end day" again, restarting the fade. This makes the player invisible.

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2009, 04:03:11 PM »

Can't recreate the dialogue tree bug. Will write some more safety checks into the dialogue manager in the next version. Menu thing is nailed down now.

Pushed a new version. Lots of minor tweaks. Re-worked the run animation(s). Walking looks a little funky still. Jumping looks odd. Hopefully I'll find time to do some more work on it later. Fixed a bunch of stuff for Loading/Saving but it's still too buggy for open testing yet. Added Skill icons into the stats menu so you can check your available skills. Gave the computer a face of it's own rather than the miserable place holder.

EDIT: I almost forgot, RADAR now works 100% correctly. I hope.

In other news, I'm on my 5th list of things left to do. There are 7 unfinished items and I've got 48 hours to fix em all.  Epileptic

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »

I found the real source of my dialogue problems: mashing the down arrow.

Tutorial message has a grammar error: "perform(ing) any action to level it up."

The Codex misspells "Foritude".

The Codex does not let you scroll to entry 52 "Water Pump".

Typo, talking to the switch. Girl: "I must be imagine things."

The word "handsome" is consistently misspelled "handsom" (although I kind of like that, stylistically)

The water pump up from the Roundians(on the far left of the map) does not let you escape without double jumping. Intentional?

"Malevolent" in the background of the boss scene is misspelled.

Red gems % in stats box is misaligned.
Completion % in stats box is sometimes(always?) NaN
"Boss defeats/victories" never increment
"Damage taken" never increments

When dashing into walls sometimes it is possible to get stuck against the wall in the "hit, falling" state until you air recover out of it.

Sometimes the boss scene does not let you enter the menu, other times it does. When it does an invincibility exploit is available by taking damage and then entering the menu while stunned: gameplay continues but you don't take damage, allowing for free hits on the boss.

A 53rd entry is added to the codex during gameplay: it throws off the completion count. (deliberate? it throws off total completion as well, meaning I can skip a few gems.)

I can get 10/8 postboxes.

The words at the top of the stats box: one is always "undefined." "Knowledgable" is misspelled.

I maxed all levels and got 100% completion but the computer's "maxlevel" event does not fire:

Radar drifts offscreen very quickly.

5 gems are missing from the map: after collecting everything on the map, the radar teleports around the vicinity of the player, indicating that it can't find any more gems, but my stats say I have 5 under the max.

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2009, 07:33:27 PM »

I think I nailed most of those bugs, I know I didn't fix the codex thing though. The dialogue lock-up problem was an ugly hack to fix. Pushed a new version

I made a trailer. Go me.

Cokho
Level 3

I love anyone who read this !

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 11:52:11 PM »

Such a beautifull Idea!   Smiley
Maybe you can make longer to level up, beacause it's kind of annoying to see all those LEVEL UP every day  :D

Thanks for the game !

Pardon my poor english T_T
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2009, 01:09:33 AM »

Annoying?

But everyone -LOVES- levelling up.  Giggle

Ok, I kid. I can't make it much longer and even if I do there is still an upper cap to it as you should be able to do 25 levels in 10 minutes with planning.

Cokho
Level 3

I love anyone who read this !

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2009, 02:50:20 AM »

Ok, I kid. I can't make it much longer and even if I do there is still an upper cap to it as you should be able to do 25 levels in 10 minutes with planning.

If you say so ! Keep up the good work  Smiley

Pardon my poor english T_T
Topher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2009, 04:41:25 AM »

I really like the apogee style graphics Hand Thumbs Up Left

Healy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2009, 12:22:06 PM »

I found a bug. On my 4th or 5th day playing, I tried to trade gems to get into the Sacred Ground, but for some reason it wouldn't work. No error boxes or nothing either; just chose yes in the dialogue box and nothing happened.

Also, could you consider making the boss fight easier to beat? It's very hard for me, even with all skills maxed out and all the upgrades.
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49:09 PM »

The game went live to Newgrounds this morning, is exclusive there for a week and then will be going everywhere. The medals up on the NG end, but they should be -real- soon.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/519030

Thanks to everyone who helped out, gave advice, encouragement, argued about the pretensions idea, pointed out bugs and ummm....made cookies? NOW! Onto the next project! Woo! I think I might write a short post-mortem for this too.

I wonder if I should post something in announcements *ponders*

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »

man I miss alot I'm glad you added a way to beat the shadow in the codex a lot of people would get confused and I'm really happy you added a way to regain your lost gems if one talk to the boy.

level up the only game where your character get hit so much it enemies feel sorry and miss where the answer isn't fighting your nightmares it's collecting the gems when it screws up and hit herself.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »

At the first time I went to sleep, I turned invisible, and even after the battle ended, I was still invisible. A pretty major bug.
Ashkin
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »

This game is very well polished. Very fun, can't wait for the sequel. Coffee
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2009, 08:08:29 PM »

At the first time I went to sleep, I turned invisible, and even after the battle ended, I was still invisible. A pretty major bug.
I thought that was added in the game.
also I notice one can't save.
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2009, 10:58:27 PM »

I like playing this game!!  Keep up the good work.
 Big Laff
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2009, 01:44:54 AM »

Tears of Joy the computer ending was great to bad going back to it for say you lost to the nightmare and lost every thing, it just freeze the pacifist in her tracks.
the game slight twist at the end seem to be spoiled by the 100% medal at Newgrounds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic