Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411280 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:08:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLevel Up! [1.0.4] FINISHED
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Level Up! [1.0.4] FINISHED  (Read 39814 times)
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2009, 04:38:16 AM »

At the first time I went to sleep, I turned invisible, and even after the battle ended, I was still invisible. A pretty major bug.
I thought that was added in the game.
also I notice one can't save.

The game autosaves at every checkpoint.

If people got to choose when to save they would just savescum (reload to the point just before) the boss until they won.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »

Well, it looks like the game is a success, so congrats all around Beer!

I'd like to write music again for Collect Up, but I will be crunching to ship DSD over the next two months, so I probably can't fit it in then.

Kitoari
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »

This was absolutely amazing, one of my favorite flash games this year. Rather than take a mechanic and mock it, the game explores why the mechanic is fun in the first place.  The music was extremely catchy and the pixel art was fitting to the theme. I just got 100% completion, and I'm very interested to learn more about the world the game takes place in. Can not wait for the sequel.

One thing that annoyed me was that when you beat The Shadow, the gems on the overworld don't respawn. Kind of annoying, since saves don't retain whether the door to Sacred Grounds is open or not. I also preferred the old look of the Sacred Grounds. All in all though, it was amazing. 9/10  Smiley
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »

Well, it looks like the game is a success, so congrats all around Beer!

I'd like to write music again for Collect Up, but I will be crunching to ship DSD over the next two months, so I probably can't fit it in then.

Gather Up ain't due till at least April-May next year. I'll ask you in a couple of months time when you are out of crunch. I'm moving away from mod and into the land of glorious Mp3.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2009, 04:44:41 AM »

I didn't know taking the max stats pacifist to the computer would complete the game(I thought it would solve the losing of stats when you screw up with the nightmare) so I was shock when I did.

I would love to play as the pacifist in indie brawl just to see if someone can win with out landing a single blow (the end shows a flaming sword but from gameplay up to that point she just learn the skill 'block').

I hope to test out on gather up.
iji still seem like a cyber demon from hell compared to pacifist.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »

I don't think anyone understood me, At the first night, I couldn't see my character, Making it impossible to play! Has no one else had this problem?
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »

I don't think anyone understood me, At the first night, I couldn't see my character, Making it impossible to play! Has no one else had this problem?
yes I understood you from the first time you post it.
you just have to reload the game again. it's not impossible to play  just challenging. you just need to figure out where pacifist is when that happens. which should be easy since the camera keeps her center of the screen.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2009, 10:10:56 PM »

It never said anywhere in the devlog or in the game that your character would become invisible, and it never happened in any previous versions.
The camera only centers on you if your very close to the middle of the arena and you cant tell your vertical position. The only way to know where you are would be to stay in center and never jump, but you would get hit and lose yourself anyway.

EDIT: I tried again and it didn't happen, so it definitely was a glitch. Makes me wonder why you were trying to tell me it was part of the game.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 10:19:39 PM by mokesmoe » Logged
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2009, 02:46:22 AM »

It never said anywhere in the devlog or in the game that your character would become invisible, and it never happened in any previous versions.
The camera only centers on you if your very close to the middle of the arena and you cant tell your vertical position. The only way to know where you are would be to stay in center and never jump, but you would get hit and lose yourself anyway.

EDIT: I tried again and it didn't happen, so it definitely was a glitch. Makes me wonder why you were trying to tell me it was part of the game.
codex 56: was missing on my game (finally got 100%) I think this happen during the missing medal version. I said I thought that was added as in saying "yeah that happen to me too was that part of the game? that would be so cool turning invisible I hope there some crazy dialog for gaining this."

well the camera does pan up if you jump high enough(top ledge). sorry if what I said confuse you. I just love glitches that doesn't crash the game.
I find them as either new routes to take in a linear() game or a another solution to a puzzle. when I find one I imagine how does that fit in to the story.

"I was once an hero, than a jerk who happen to smack on to some pacifist fence then add more to the jerkiness by attacking the poor sap... still never knew how to jump with the x button lvl 25 grants me a backflip and poor man free running abilities but still can't jump also brooding dark types mess with young girls and there nothing mess up with that."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:00:54 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2009, 06:54:37 AM »

This bug should be fixed. I fixed it on...Friday of last week.

Rolling bugfixes become INCREDIBLY hard on Newgrounds because once you have a certain number of view you have to wait for the new SWF to be approved by an admin.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2009, 07:50:43 AM »

Great game with a cool hook. Nice work!

Planning on a version for general distribution (eg w/ mochiads enabled) when you say 'viral after a week'?

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2009, 08:07:01 AM »

That would be correct.

Although it seems a number of places have just stolen the SWF anyway ¬_¬

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »

Gather Up ain't due till at least April-May next year. I'll ask you in a couple of months time when you are out of crunch. I'm moving away from mod and into the land of glorious Mp3.

The land of Mp3 is a glorious land indeed. You've got a tentative yes, but sure, ask again when the time comes.

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2009, 05:24:36 PM »

The land of Mp3 is a glorious land indeed. You've got a tentative yes, but sure, ask again when the time comes.

Also, had much praise for you music over on Newgrounds Smiley I would locate some of it but it involves sifting through my now over full NG inbox.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »

Don't worry, I've been reading the reviews so I already have some idea of what your inbox looks like. Some people found the music annoying or wanted more length, but it was mostly positive. I guess the only thing I can take away from that is "keep working at it, don't change too much" Shrug

Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2009, 01:12:46 PM »

Any plans on putting this on kongregate? I can't stand newgrounds. The interface is so distracting from the games. Despite the silly chat window i much prefer kongregate.
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »

Yeah, I was supposed to be doing it on Saturday, but I keep getting distracted by Gather Up/Borderlands.

Probably sometime...wednesday. Tentatively. Before Gather Up takes over my life.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2009, 05:57:57 PM »

Borderlands is (one of) the best game(s) ever!!!
Also Level Up's pretty good too I guess...
ArchMonitor
Level 0

Sucky pixel artist :c

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2009, 03:07:27 AM »

Absolutely gorgeous game there, good sir. Gentleman

The ending was amusing, now to wait for Gather Up to be made.

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2009, 10:02:56 PM »

Hi Titch, I came to your devlog via your comments on the RPG Maker thread.  I've been playing "Level Up" for about an hour now and I'm enjoying it a lot... it's quite addictive, especially now that I'm at a point where killing the shadow seems within reach.  The characters are very diverse, and the music is nice... it reminds me of old video games I used to play.  I have to say, I got a kick out of the talking lever (I have a part in my game where the sign starts talking to you, so I guess that sort of humor resonates with me... not the innuendo part, but the talking inanimate objects, haha).  At first the menu controls were a bit confusing, but as soon as I understood that C also functioned as a backwards button within the menu I didn't have trouble after that.

Overall, it's really fun so far.  I'm going to keep going, hopefully I'll be able to finish off the shadow next time I sleep!

EDIT: Yay, I got to the super computer and finished the game, but I was a bit confused by the ending... can you explain what happened to her?  I didn't really understand the dark power thing.  Congratulations on making a very fun and captivating game Smiley
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:13:45 AM by supershigi » Logged

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic