Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:00:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUltraCook - Arcade Online Cooking Simulator
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UltraCook - Arcade Online Cooking Simulator  (Read 1662 times)
crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2023, 08:38:29 AM »

Inspired from when I was a Chef,

After weeks of development, I'm happy to announce the game is in open beta! And I need testers! Well, hello there!

https://zodee.itch.io/cook-punk

Current features:
  • Sauteing
  • Oven/baking/roasting
  • Ticket system
  • Pass system
  • Score/rank system

Features to come:
  • Grilling
  • More menu items/ingredients
  • Make your own recipes
  • Map updates

Please give feedback here, or on the Discord (https://discord.gg/Gx6tamsBs9)

Made from the heart,
by crimmerz
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 07:12:22 PM by crimmerz » Logged

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 10:05:48 AM »

Interesting! I like both cooking and cooking games, so I've enjoyed this (Score: 42! Tongue). Smiley

My notes:
- Best tutorial is the one that is played by the player (something I had to learn myself the hard way). The actual tutorials almost convinced me not to playtest. But I sat through them, I was too interested. Wink (and they did turn out to be short) Would be better to prepare an "educational level" of sorts.
- Really not sure about the recipes: it felt strange to combine oil and butter in one pan. But I'm not a chef!
- Maybe the oil shouldn't overheat so much? But again, I'm not a chef. Smiley
- Would be interesting if I got punished for overcooking certain ingredients (like parsley). It seemed like I can just "reset it" anytime I want. Then again, I was playing on the lowest difficulty and it already seemed to hard! :D So maybe just on the higher difficulties? (also the game would be easier if I could memorize the recipes and where the things are, but that takes time).
- Sometimes it was hard to pick up things, maybe make the "picking area" of things slightly bigger? This went to extreme when handling the pans - often I had trouble putting things in the pan, or adjusting the heat.
- After finishing one monday lunch, I was waiting forever for another order, but none came in. Maybe the game should just go on? (but maybe that was because of the lowest difficulty)
- I'd like if I could more easily throw away stuff that I've already used so I don't keep running around with fresh prawns in my hand. :D Maybe right-click? Then again I wouldn't want to remove the realism. Maybe right-clicking in the general area of ingreadients could "free my hand"? (btw the amount of realism was one thing I really liked about the game)

Overall I really liked it, it just needs to be easier to handle and maybe a little more of a visual spark (on that note: there is some door clipping when I open cabinets that are next to each other). Maybe also make it easier to pick the right ingredients without the need to constantly check the recipes, somehow (like mark a pan with a recipe, so the pan tells me what is missing instead of what I've already added).

I've played lots of cooking games and honestly, they usually suck! (also they're usually filled with ridiculous amount of advertisement and pay-to-win) So this has potential in the genre, in my humble opinion. Wink
Cheers and keep up the good work!  Coffee
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 10:11:15 AM by DarkGran » Logged
crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 09:33:36 PM »

Hi!

I’ve been waiting for some feedback haha. I really appreciate it

1. Tutorials - I will most definitely take a playable tutorial approach in the tutorial section, I must admit the video tutorials were a result of me being too eager to release something for play testing, learning from that now Hand Thumbs Up Left

2. The oil and butter is something that is done and was done at my former workplace, I was taught that butter has milk solids that burn very easily, so the oil helps to mitigate that! And regarding the oil not overheating too much is a really good point and I’ll definitely rework that!

3. I would like to hear more about what you mean by punish for overcooking. Right now I have it in a way where if any ingredient is orange it’s almost over cooked but not over cooked, and if it’s red it’s over cooked. And any dish with over cooked ingredients are not able to be sent to service with the bell Hand Any Key. Also if there are orange level cooked ingredients in the final dish, you’ll get less points and more complaints. If the dish is perfect you’ll get compliments and extra points.

4. One of the big problems I also had was that there was nothing to do during the wait times in between tickets if it isn’t  busy. I plan on implementing something like dish washing or prep work etc. Also maybe a bug occurred where the game doesn’t end, I’ll defo double check that.

5. I will make picking things up easier and enlarge the hit boxes for those. I’ll also add a button to delete whatever is in your hand too! Currently there is a bin but I understand it’ll be easier to have a button (I want to make it realistic but I don’t want to make it realistic at the expense of the fun!)

Your ‘mark a pan with a recipe’ idea is golden btw, I will most probably add that as a feature Grin

I’m thankful for your score! And I hope to keep improving upon that score Beer!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:39:54 PM by crimmerz » Logged

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 09:33:41 AM »

Right now I have it in a way where if any ingredient is orange it’s almost over cooked but not over cooked, and if it’s red it’s over cooked. And any dish with over cooked ingredients are not able to be sent to service with the bell Hand Any Key.

Yeah I noticed that you can overcook them, however using the frying pan always reset the ingredients to 100%, making them not overcooked, which I could use right before serving, so it felt like overcooking does not actually matter.

Also maybe a bug occurred where the game doesn’t end, I’ll defo double check that.

I had the game running for like 10 minutes afterwards and no other order appeared, so I guess it bugged unless that's how it's supposed to be on the lowest difficulty. I also did not get any complaint's nor compliments (not sure how it would look like though), so maybe thats related? Just wanted to add that.

Cheers.  Coffee
crimmerz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 07:05:41 PM »

Right now I have it in a way where if any ingredient is orange it’s almost over cooked but not over cooked, and if it’s red it’s over cooked. And any dish with over cooked ingredients are not able to be sent to service with the bell Hand Any Key.

Yeah I noticed that you can overcook them, however using the frying pan always reset the ingredients to 100%, making them not overcooked, which I could use right before serving, so it felt like overcooking does not actually matter.

Also maybe a bug occurred where the game doesn’t end, I’ll defo double check that.

I had the game running for like 10 minutes afterwards and no other order appeared, so I guess it bugged unless that's how it's supposed to be on the lowest difficulty. I also did not get any complaint's nor compliments (not sure how it would look like though), so maybe thats related? Just wanted to add that.

Cheers.  Coffee

Hi, I actually made huge updates, changes and improvements.

Some of the new features added:

+ Online Multiplayer
Now you can play in your own lobbys with friends. No LAN needed.
+ Custom menus (works online too)
+ Grilling
+ Fryers
+ Arcade style features
  - Enemy + Saute pan combat

Download:
https://zodee.itch.io/ultra-cook

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic