Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:19:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGravitorium -- DEMO OUT NOW -- a platformer without a jump button
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gravitorium -- DEMO OUT NOW -- a platformer without a jump button  (Read 991 times)
seth
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2023, 08:57:51 PM »

Gravitorium is a puzzle platformer where you navigate the levels via rotating the stage left or right.  Changing the direction of gravity, in other words.

Here's a trailer:

We've been working on this game since June, and are targeting a January 2024 release.  We're aiming for a playtime of about 2 hours.  Right now we have the majority of the mechanics in--mostly need to iterate on levels and finish some light story/level transition cinematics.

Check out the demo now available!

Or try the demo on Itch: https://sethbb.itch.io/gravitorium
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 11:35:41 AM by seth » Logged

seth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 09:02:26 PM »

Lately we've been trying to tighten up the mechanics.  It's proven a challenge to make a platformer where you don't jump, and the PC can move to any portion of the stage.  Here's a level I've recently been working on using moving platforms to get to narrow spaces:

Gare Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 10:27:01 AM »

Pretty sweet. Reminds me a little bit of The Lost Vikings (Snes) where you have the shield guy who can't jump but he needed to glide over stuff with his shield.
Tangleworm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 05:08:40 PM »

This is a really cool idea! It would be great to be able to toggle the camera rotation, since I could see that making me motion sick after a while.

TienLee21
Level 0

TienLee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 10:47:26 PM »

great idea  Wink

Tien
seth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 08:52:59 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, all  Smiley

This is a really cool idea! It would be great to be able to toggle the camera rotation, since I could see that making me motion sick after a while.

That's an interesting idea, might try this out...

We've been working on cinematic tools:

We're not having a lot of cutscenes, but enough to make some little stage transitions to new areas

seth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 04:53:30 PM »

Demo is out now on Steam!  

Please check it out and let us know what you think!  Hand Point Right Hand Point Right Hand Point Right link!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 05:01:42 PM by seth » Logged

seth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 11:34:46 AM »

Web playable demo now on itch.io for those who don't like to download things: https://sethbb.itch.io/gravitorium

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic