Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:26:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIslandWorld - Blog/Devlog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: IslandWorld - Blog/Devlog  (Read 5169 times)
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2024, 04:38:48 PM »

I know it's been like 3 weeks since the last update, but I was able to improve performance by using OpenGL 3 and I also cleaned up the block code!
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2024, 08:40:09 PM »

I am trying to do silent hill (sorta) fog for the 8th time, this time i'm making it a cube so it might work?
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2024, 09:30:47 PM »

What the hell, fog is sort of working now. It will be a world feature, for now it is programmed as a normal block, and it spawns in as a normal biome, so it leads to some issues which I need to work out. However, it's a special 128x128px sprite rather than a 32x32, so it may look better? GN

It needs some work, but it's a good start. Probably will work on it tomorrow.
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2024, 11:37:34 AM »

I think I figured out why performance has been shit a lot of the times. Instead of properly closing it via the ESC key I use alt f4 which for some reason doesn't properly close it, so like sometimes I have 2-3 game windows open.
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2024, 08:41:32 PM »

Right now working on smaller clouds enemies idk if they will shoot or not. It may be a 1.0.0 (I mean island world pre alpha is like 2 months beyond release).
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2024, 01:14:47 AM »

I fixed world gen and chunk gen. Also, I made block placement better, you press c to +1 (in y) a block, q to -2 and r to -1! (or the other way around, I am confused). Makes bridges a lot easier!
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2024, 07:32:31 AM »

I doubt anyone really reads this far but oh well. I need some suggestions.

1a. I have no idea how to punish the player for dying? I don't think I'll do an inventory deletion (I'm too lazy to implement it, maybe I'll make it a difficulty option, but it would be a perma delete more than likely.

2. Would it be okay if I make a "unified" inventory system? I am having a lot of issues dealing with interactions between a hotbar and inventory.  I have two options to try to get it to work for the 10th time or go with this plan.

Have a 2 (or maybe 3) x 10 inventory on screen permanently. I got it to work alright for the main inventory, I'll probably an image of the currently selected item in the top left of top right 

Example: (See top panel of UI)
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2024, 08:03:24 PM »

Pre Alpha 1.0.0 (or 0.0.1 IDK the versioning scheme) coming tomorrow (or Saturday)!

Features:

Basic Inventory system you can select a block with the arrow keys, when you mine a block you get more blocks, however you do not use blocks up when you mine 'em, still a WIP. But you can select between blocks!

Infinite Floating islands in x and z and y axis!

Block Placing and destroying!

Health

What's Not:

A fully fledged inventory system

Survival elements (except health bar)

Super well optimized!

What to expect:

Remember Minecraft classic, expect classic level features!

Road Map:

Performance improvements in 1.1!

Basic survival elements in 1.2!

And more!

(I need to work on the launcher and such!)
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2024, 10:30:49 AM »

I aim for a release either around 11pm-12am.

After I finish the launcher, I am going to see how hard fixing this one bug would be (a floating point round error I think?). And a UI bug.

KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2024, 07:10:32 PM »

I am working on the launcher (I added a settings menu), if everything goes to plan expect it to release at midnight or close to it. If not, expect a release tomorrow.
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2024, 08:26:44 PM »

I am going to two things fix the UI colour and texture the fist.
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2024, 08:54:52 PM »

Delay: 1-2am!
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2024, 09:05:12 PM »

I finished pre alpha 1.0.0, I need to finish the launcher and we are good!
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2024, 11:22:38 PM »

Almost done with the launcher, sorry you're downloading the shaders twice, I'll fix it later today, I need to go to bed soon. You can delete the shaders folder from res, the shaders in the root of the game directory is what the game reads from.
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2024, 12:21:52 AM »

It's done, there will probably be a lot of minor updates soon, since this is kind of rushed the play testing forum post is being made rn. Here is the link for the website which has the downloads -> <a href="https://erievs.github.io/islandworld-web/" </a>
KSPC
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2024, 09:56:55 PM »

1.0.1 will be coming soon, more biomes and I started work on proper block breaking.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic