Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 02:29:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWretched Descent - a vertical roguelike-inspired platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wretched Descent - a vertical roguelike-inspired platformer  (Read 496 times)
SkullsoftR
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2023, 06:39:05 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place! I'd heard of the legendary TIGForums but didn't think it was still going, glad to see I was wrong!

I've loved indie games and programming for as long as I can remember, so making games was something I immediately gravitated towards. Then I saw Indie Game The Movie and after watching it about 10 times over I just decided that's what I was going to do lol.

After the whole Unity runtime fee fiasco I became a bit demotivated to use it, and I've been trying out the Godot engine recently and it's great! Wretched Descent is my game I've been working on in Godot and I'm hoping to put it out as my first commercial release. It's a roguelike-inspired 2D platformer that's a bit of a mix between Dead Cells and Downwell gameplay-wise. Each run has a random set of levels with the main goal of simply reaching the bottom and falling down into the next one. Playing as an undead zombie called the Wretch, you seek to find the bottom of the cavern that holds an ancient power that will resurrect you as a human once again. When you die your body is reanimated at the entrance of the cave but you grow stronger each time by collecting souls from enemies.

Let me know what you think about the game so far and whether it has some potential! I always appreciate some constructive criticism.

Oh, and I'm also working on learning C++ and how to make my own game engine on the side, but as to whether a full game will come of it I'm not so sure Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic