Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:42:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCakeWalk
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CakeWalk  (Read 2682 times)
Kramlack
« on: July 30, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »

CakeWalk

Mock-Up, pending changes. Especially adding a background.

Description: This is a fairly simple sidescrolling platformer I'm interested in working on with some people.

Story: As a young man with a dream to be the world's fastest eater, young Herbert Welshman is about to win his first cake eating competition, when suddenly, a mysterious stranger steals his last piece of cake. Furious, Herbert sets out to get revenge on the one who stole his cake, and his victory.

Notices:
Previous - Created a basic engine. Created a tile set. Created a protagonist.
July 30 - Created a DevLog thread. Revisions made to original graphics. Worked on moving from level to level.
August 1 - Fixed tile set. Fixed player animations. Fix-ups to player code. Added scrolling.
August 4 - Added sound. Begun sketching out a boss for demo.
August 13 - Team disagreements cause the project to collapse a bit. Looking for a programmer.

Team:
Kramlack (Artist)

I'll update this thread as more progress is made. Please visit back every other day and there should be something new.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:38:50 AM by Kramlack » Logged
Kevin
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »

Call me a fatty, but I love everything involving tiny drawings of food. You've just gained a fan.
akuryo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:45:26 AM »

Hey!

So yeah, i'm actually working on the scrolling system. Need to fix some collisions though. I'll post here when it's done.

edit : collision totally fixed, added dynamic scrolling and changed resolution.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:11:11 PM by akuryo » Logged
Kramlack
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »

August 1st Update:
- Revised the tile set so everything will fit perfectly, no matter how it's generated.
- Minor fixes to the player animations.
- Scrolling engine was created.
- Minor fix-ups to the player code.
ak
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 09:28:12 AM »

Call me a fatty, but I love everything involving tiny drawings of food. You've just gained a fan.
I'm with you. Add some donut and you've got another fan Smiley

Kramlack
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »

Ahaha, well we plan to have lots of different food/score items, so I'm sure you'll be seeing donuts in there too.

Also, things have been pretty slow, Akuryo's on leave for about a week and I've just hit a creative block (like when you lose all interest in working), so I've just been taking it easy these past few days to try and get back into the swing of things. With that said, here's a small update.

August 4th Update:
- Added sound to jumping and item collection.
- Begun sketching out boss ideas for our upcoming demo.
Kramlack
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 07:40:52 AM »

Sorry I haven't updated this in awhile, I've been working on a side RPG project for the last week. Due to team disagreements, I'm minus a programmer now, so that's about all there is to say. I'll still be working on this, but it won't update quite as much. If you're interested in programming, feel free to PM me.

August 13th Update
- Project collapses.
- Looking for programmer.
akuryo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 02:38:48 PM »

Kramlack told me that the game was dead. If you need some serious art don't work with him, he only have side projects siding other side projects anyway.

And i'm not releasing the sources.

PS : I would like to know how you, kramlack, think you are alone in the game team? You did nothing but spending some hours drawing pieces of rocks, when i wrote thousands of lines of codes every hours(and i'm not talking about the sounds and music i did myself).

I would rather delete this post or put "Akuryo(Programmer)" alone in the team.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 02:52:35 PM by akuryo » Logged
Kramlack
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 05:01:32 PM »

I'm alone on it now because you decided not to work on it anymore, even after I offered to compromise and apologize about the whole fight. Anyway, I'm not bringing this argument over to TIGs though, so if you have something to say to me, you can tell me over MSN or through PM.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »

man hugs to both of you.  Gentleman

akuryo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 02:33:49 AM »

I'm alone on it now because you decided not to work on it anymore, even after I offered to compromise and apologize about the whole fight. Anyway, I'm not bringing this argument over to TIGs though, so if you have something to say to me, you can tell me over MSN or through PM.

I'm sorry?!

You said the game was dead, and you decided to work on a rpg while i was away, totally forgetting about cakewalk! And you apologized, but didn't changed your mind! So now, delete this topic, or I'll ask admins to do it. You abandoned cakewalk, so i was forced to let it sink too.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic