Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 03:20:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDetective-choice-document-game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Detective-choice-document-game  (Read 448 times)
MarGrahams01
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2023, 07:00:51 PM »

Echoes in Morals of Old Boston
A pixel art choice game where your choices are based on your morals.

About:
Echoes in Morals of Old Boston is a pixelated art type game in which you are selected by the major as the executioner and find yourself confronted with two to more suspects, each with their own secrets and history. Choose whether to punish the correct person or the wrong person. Pursue justice or let the town become entangled in bloodshed and crime. Determine the fate of the crooks. This game is inspired by many successful games like: Not Tonight, Paper, Please, and Death and Taxes.

Preview:

This is the game's current build, which is currently a work in progress. Your cluttered desk and the suspects posters will make you feel like an overworked office worker. I want the gamer to feel rushed and anxious when dealing with each and every suspect. There will be a lack of facts and information, therefore the game will be reliant on the player's morals.

Where to play it:
The game would be playable on a Mac or Windows computer. So far, there are no plans for mobile or consoles. The game will be available for purchase on itch.io and steam. So far, Steam demands a $100 price for the game, so I need to check if the community wants the game before spending my money on the platform. The game would cost money, but not an overwhelming amount of money, maybe around $5-10. The game would be available for purchase when it becomes available. The game will have a beta before launch so that I can get feedback and fix any bugs.

Why:
I'm taking more and more time off from Christmas break and Thanksgiving break to work on programming. My love is making things on the computer and distributing them for everyone to see. I've always enjoyed making games and programming. This project would put my talents and knowledge to the test, allowing me to become a better developer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 05:19:41 PM by MarGrahams01 » Logged
MarGrahams01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 11:14:19 PM »

Devlog 1  My Word!:

Additions
+Added two new scenes to each day. One good scene will play when convicting the right  suspect another will play for convicting the wrong one.
+Added a main menu
+Added a newspaper for you to stay tuned to every current event in the world(Will depend on player outcome

Fixes
+Fixed layer system where documents will appear on top of other documents when clicked
+Fixed unexpected lag spikes and frame drop in the engine

To come
+All 31 days
+Different endings depending on the player

MarGrahams01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 05:19:26 PM »

DEMO

Echoes in Morals of Old Boston

The game has released with a public demo for you to give me feedback on. The demo has limited content. The demo is for me to see if I should continue the games development.

Download Demo here Hand Point Right
https://marcusgrahams01.itch.io/echoes-in-morals-of-old-boston
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 12:02:52 AM »

This looks great!  The style definitely reminds me of Papers Please.

What are the core gameplay loops with the game?

MarGrahams01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 01:28:02 PM »

The game focus on you choosing who to kill. Sometimes the facts would be presented to you and you have to choose but for this demo I just want to see if the community wants a game so simple yet confusing later on in development. The game is pixel because it is a way to hide my terrible art.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic