Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:14:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed a programmer for a story-rich 2D platformer \ RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need a programmer for a story-rich 2D platformer \ RPG  (Read 587 times)
redbrain800
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2023, 04:02:31 AM »

Hello all!

There's a videogame I've been planning for a while, and I'm going to start making it very soon. I'm looking for someone to make it with.

A brief introduction to the game:

The game will be a quite long (10-20 hours maybe?) story-rich 2D platformer with RPG elements, set in a prehistoric setting!

The player will control a party of cavemen-teens in a unique adventure, fighting dinosaurs and other extinct animals.

The world has quite a lot of lore but the story will also focus a lot on character dynamics. Imo the story is really good.
There will be a lot of humor, references, and wacky moments.

What I made so far:

So far, I laid up the entirety of the story, and wrote 13% of the script.

Other than the writing, I'm going to be the lead artist & director. The game art won't be stunning but it will have its hand-drawn charm, and I'm currently in the process of figuring it out.

You can see some of the first experiments on the graphic approach for the game through my twitter account: https://twitter.com/Redbrainerev

What I'm looking for

Currently what I'm looking for is just a person who can actually make the game, A lead programmer.
(as I'm not one myself)

Original plan was to use Unity but I'm not sure what's the current situation with their pricing plan. We can potentially use Unity, Godot, gamemaker, or maybe something else. Whatever works for the game, and whatever you know to use best!

The plan now is to make a demo, based on the first chapter, including gameplay and everything around it as well. Gathering some following once we have things to show, and once it's ready, release the demo with a kickstarter.

So, this won't exactly be a 'paid' job. It's better.
I'm looking for someone that will see this project as their own. This will be my project and yours, the lead programmer.
And that counts for revenue as well. We'll be 50% / 50% on it. We're the game's projectors.

With whatever money we raise from the kickstarter, we'll hire any other person we need, for marketing, music, maybe UI, special animated scenes, more programmers, more artists, or anything else we figure out we need.
I'll probably look for a composer much before the kickstarter, though.

This is a big project. A year, and probably another year, maybe another one.
But hey!
It's going to be fun. And this game is going to be great. I really really believe in it's success.
It's going to be unique, not similar to any other game, but also have plenty of what we love from old games, and it definitely has the audience it needs.

And what I need, is some who will believe in too. Be passionate about the idea.
And who can also do the bip and boops in the code.

Notice!

For people even half interested, I wrote a 9-page-document explaining the game's vision in more detail, its inspirations, gameplay plan and more. I also wrote a 21-page-document summarizing the story.

Even if you're in the very early stages of considering this, I'd be glad to share the documents with you so you can understand the idea better. Even just receiving some feedback on it won't be bad.

And thanks for reading so far!
Contact me if you want to hear more!

-
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic