Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:01:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammers and Translator Wanted
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmers and Translator Wanted  (Read 933 times)
Jake Riley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2023, 01:07:22 PM »

Please read if you're a professional video game programmer/translator:

https://jakerileygamedevblog.com/2023/12/20/video-game-programming-job-offer/

This will be paid unless you insist on otherwise, however it will be a few months before you can jump onboard.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 10:22:25 AM by Jake Riley » Logged
Jake Riley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 01:03:57 PM »

I realized that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to just give a link to a post on my website rather than reiterating the job requirements here. Some of you might not be so comfortable about a random guy relying on you visiting his website for info. Possibly a little suspicious. I know you might not want to risk your computer getting a virus (even though my site is safe). I'll give you excerpts from my post.

"Here is the list of requirements I need for potential programmers:

You need to have worked on at least one game before.

You need to know how to code a 2D platformer, but should also be versatile in what kind of stuff you can program for games.

Preferably you should know how to program for a GameMaker project.

I want at least one of you to know how to bug fix. Both of you would be ideal. [I need about two coders]

I think that’s everything."

"I also want to have all of the game’s text translated to a slew of other languages, so that Randy’s Crazy Mission! could have as wide of an audience as possible. This is also a video game translation position offering. I want to get someone who can (professionally) translate English to a bunch of other languages too. With that said, please consider applying.

On a somewhat related note, I want at least one of the people I hire to look at the game’s script and see if it needs improving. I have a weird writing style, so bouncing-off ideas with someone could help. If none of you consider yourselves to be good at telling what decent writing is, I might possibly get someone else to solely help me with improving the script."

"My email address is [email protected]. To apply for the programming position, you need to email me your resume of games you worked on. For the translation position, you can show me the games or other projects you’ve converted to other languages, and tell me all the languages you work with.

It will be a while before anybody can do real work on the game, maybe around a few months. I have to finish outlining the demo. That doesn't mean preliminary work can't be done right away though."

I would still like for you to read the whole thing if you're willing, so, again, here's the post: https://jakerileygamedevblog.com/2023/12/20/video-game-programming-job-offer/

If you don't know about this project, you should learn about it before getting the job. Here's the thread about this game on TIGSource: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=74394.0

While I'm currently learning more about programming, I still probably won't become great at it anytime soon. So, I am still desperate at this point. I want to release the demo and gain an audience for this game as soon as possible.

By the way, I was originally going to have this game's programming be done in C# back when it was running on Unity, but upon researching GameMaker after downloading it, I found out the engine doesn't seem to support C#. It can only use its internal coding language (GML). So, you'll need to know how to program within GameMaker. Also, someone already reached out to be the potential Spanish translator for this game, so keep that in mind. Though I originally thought of just getting one or two translators who can work with many different languages, I later changed my mind. If you can translate English to any other language, even just one, please consider applying. Like I originally said, it will be a while before real work begins, but you should still apply now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 12:50:44 PM by Jake Riley » Logged
Jake Riley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 12:47:45 PM »

Update: Japanese, French, Greek, Polish, and Italian translators have been picked.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 11:28:04 AM by Jake Riley » Logged
Jake Riley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 12:51:06 PM »

I want to better clarify something I didn't get across well at first regarding getting programmers. When I said it will be a while before work can begin, I mean it will be a while before the "commitment" part of the job starts. This is due to me needing to finish my outline for the demo. That doesn't mean preliminary work (basic stuff that doesn't require following to the outline) can't be done right away. I have edited the blog post and excerpt to include that.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic