Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 10:23:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralhow Get Collaborations in indie dev community?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: how Get Collaborations in indie dev community?  (Read 755 times)
cqani
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2023, 11:24:18 PM »

you see i am very good coder i was coding since i was old 8 years and i am very young i am old 17 years know and also i hate to work someone i reached a point that i don't know how to use mouse i use alt and arrows to touch buttons in chrome i coded my own chrome extension to touch YouTube videos even when YouTube have their own shortcuts i like to code more rather than learning art last weak i said its the time to make my first commercial game i was game developer in last 2 years you see i loved to code shaders thing and graphical things i even made one time complete 3d engine i think it was 3 years ago i am very good c++ rust golang and assembly coder even i love assembly two years ago i discovered Godot and Godot was coded in c++ so i created my own godot version that focusis specific thinks like every button i made shortcut even he have he is own shortcuts but still my game needs alot of art even i tried to use procedural generation but nothing works all my code skills is nothing i even tried to make my own ai model like mid journey but focuses my problems but my cumputer cant handle the work he needs to done so all of today iwas tring to get any colaaprations iven discoverd this forum and i am social anxiety person idont like to talk peaple but ican talk by writing the indie dev cummonity is hard to get any collabrations you the coders cummnity you geting more then 20 collabrations in anything so how is best way to get any collaprations and can you collaprate me if you know anthing about art?

sorry my english is not good
sincerely cabdiqani maxamed
thanks for allowing me this experience
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 03:40:17 AM »

People generally like working with their friends. If people like interacting with you, they are more likely to collaborate. Either that or pay them.

andersonjam4140
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 12:09:24 AM »

In the indie dev community, securing collaborations is pivotal for growth and innovation. To foster meaningful connections, actively engage in online forums, social media groups, and game development communities. Share your expertise, offer assistance, and express genuine interest in others' projects. Attend virtual events, conferences, and networking sessions to connect with like-minded developers. Utilize platforms like GitHub for open-source collaboration opportunities. Establishing a strong online presence through a portfolio or blog can attract potential collaborators. Be transparent about your skills, goals, and project vision. Embrace diversity and leverage collective strengths for unique, impactful collaborations that can elevate indie game development within the community.
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 05:19:53 AM »

It may also be worth browsing forums (such as this one) for groups who are looking for a coder, and working on a project that you find interesting.

If you find one, I'd suggest having a portfolio ready (which is really just a collection of projects that shows off what you can do, perhaps presented nicely).

In terms of communication, imperfect English may well be quite okay.

That said, let me note that large chunks of unbroken text can I fear be a little off-putting. It can help a lot to break up your text into paragraphs, with one "thought" per paragraph.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic