Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 06:29:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSolidarity with Palestine - The Gaza Monologues
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Solidarity with Palestine - The Gaza Monologues  (Read 879 times)
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2024, 10:23:33 AM »

Human Rights Watch: "World Court to hear Genocide Case Against Israel - South Africa Seeks Urgent Measures to Halt Abuses in Gaza"

This is massive news and it is every human's responsibility to be informed and stand up against genocide and war crimes. I don't have much to add to what's in the article.

Al Jazeera reports that the ICC, which is different from the ICJ doing tomorrow's trial, has opened submissions for evidence of Israeli war crimes. That portal is no doubt flooded with horrific video footage which has been plainly visible, shared across social media for the last 3 months by Palestinian journalists and civilians.

Al Jazeera shared this table explaining the differences between the ICC and ICJ which I found helpful:

Sad to see that neither of the two courts holds enforcement power. But I'm hoping players in the international community who have engaged in denial, funding, aiding and abetting the non-stop bombing and murder (worst among them my home, the United States) will be humiliated by the verdict and have to stop blatantly lying about what is going on. But hope is just that--we'll have to see which way history goes.

The PCRF is a reputable organization helping Gazans to survive, if you have money to donate.

Connecting Humanity is helping distribute E-Sims to Gazans so they can communicate emergency info to each other and in some cases say their goodbyes for the last time. E-Sims are one of the only ways I know of that Gazans are getting around Israel's internet blackout of Gaza which is part of suppressing evidence of the ongoing atrocity. Donating an E-Sim through their org is more complicated than a cash donation to PCRF, but worth doing if you live in a region where you can purchase E-Sims for the Middle East. (For US people, it's not possible, but I know some folks in Europe who have been able to do it.)

EDIT: Here's another Al Jazeera post explaining the goals, timeline and proceedings of tomorrow's case:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 07:06:06 PM by nathy after dark » Logged

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 12:58:38 PM »

Day 1 of the trial was recorded:

https://www.youtube.com/live/4f_yoal4gx8?si=94GPpsjMaQD25QnB (It's probably available in other places/formats too.)

It happened at 2 AM in my time zone so I haven't had a time to watch yet. A friend of mine did, and recommends this 15-minute clip for those who can't watch the whole thing.

At the same time tomorrow, Israel's representatives in court will respond. I expect that it will be deeply disturbing to watch and listen to a lengthy denial/justification of their actions, but for the sake of being informed, I'll try to watch than one too.

Apparently South African lawyers have informed President Biden that they intend to prosecute his administration as well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1-VIU0yqqu/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Al Jazeera has outlined key takeaways from day 1 of the trial: https://www.instagram.com/p/C1-SJJKuBYM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This Al Jazeera post breaks down several violent acts perpetrated by Israel's military while the hearing was taking place: https://www.instagram.com/p/C19qAU4MJ0L/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Abashi76
Level 0

I need rpg maker partner.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 05:21:53 PM »

I watched one of these videos. Anything new and unusual?  Gomez
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 10:30:19 AM »

A global strike started yesterday in solidarity with Palestine & demanding a ceasefire.

Please do what you can!

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 07:23:11 PM »

I performed in this production of The Gaza Monologues:

Most of the monologues were written and originally performed by teenagers in Gaza in 2010 about their experiences surviving bombings and occupation by the Israeli army. Some of the monologues are new and were written after October 2023. They are beautiful, harrowing, sometimes funny, and very raw. We don't know whether many of the writers are still alive or not.

This production is free to watch and was done to raise donations for the Ashtar Theater Co's Psycho-Social Intervention Fund, providing trauma relief amongst children in Palestine.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 08:25:02 AM by nathy after dark » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic