Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:04:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJables's Adventure [RELEASED]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
Print
Author Topic: Jables's Adventure [RELEASED]  (Read 64045 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: September 10, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »

I have a bag from quality greens (a store we have here), and it had random food facts on the side of it. I just read them this morning, and some of them seemed quite familiar. I don't have it on me for pics, but it has all of squiddy's facts on it.

Also: In the first room, my HP is offset:

when you destroy those rock-throwing guys, it seems like the explosion sound effect is played several times
I think this might be intentional, because why would it loop by accident, but not infinitely?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:41:51 PM by mokesmoe‽ » Logged
Kottis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 10, 2010, 05:17:38 PM »

I think this might be intentional, because why would it loop by accident, but not infinitely?

I think it plays one time for each explosion sprite that is created when the enemy dies instead of just one time when the enemy...er...dies?  Undecided

I´ve had the same thing happen to me when using MMF2, that´s why I noticed it. Of course, it could be that he wanted that effect.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2010, 06:23:43 PM »

I guess it being a MMF2 problem is a valid answer. Still odd though.
Fireshaw
Level 1

Let's always be stupid forever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2010, 06:27:23 PM »

I have a bag from quality greens (a store we have here), and it had random food facts on the side of it. I just read them this morning, and some of them seemed quite familiar. I don't have it on me for pics, but it has all of squiddy's facts on it.

That is awesome!  Please post pics when you have an opportunity.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »

I only remember 2 of them, although I think there were more. I don't think it was every one though. I also haven't collected every one yet, so there's that too. The bag has more vegetable ones than fruit ones anyways.
I don't have a camera so I took them with my webcam, so the quality is bad. Still easy to read though.

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 10, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »

sequel idea

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »

Win! That was awesome, hahaha =) In addition to the certain mushroom joke, I also enjoyed the curfew joke.
PKBT
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »

Nice to finally see this released.
I've still yet to find all the fruits, but I'll find them eventually!
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »

@Kottis: Ah yeah that is a bug. Thanks for telling me about it.

@JR Hill: Oink!

@mokesmoe: that bag is awesome! the squiddy facts bag.

I kind of want to make a shirt that has Squiddy listing a bunch of Squiddy Facts now.

@Thernz: haha! that's awesome fanart. thank you.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2010, 12:51:40 AM »

Dang that boss is pretty takes mashing the
  • button a sore when the game seem to randomize how much comes out of the airsoft gun.
Facepalm
oh DANG I forgot there no saving for winzip so I miss out on the painting squid when I beat the game... OH well maybe someone thrown up a youtube video of it sooner or later.
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2010, 05:34:57 AM »

Haha, this took long enough. Shall give it a go once I'm done with my own Smiley

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2010, 06:51:35 AM »

@Rumrusher: I'm actually pretty sure somebody is working on a let's play right now.

ink.inc
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2010, 10:28:23 AM »

Heh. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that you have to high five the king squid on the forehead.

Decent game, though. I enjoyed playing through and seeing all the pop culture references and self-aware humor.
Kottis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »

FINISHED IT!  Hand Shake Left Mock Anger Hand Shake Right

That was good fun, but I almost had an aneurism trying to get that thing in the spiky corridors. Angry
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2010, 12:52:48 PM »

@Rumrusher: I'm actually pretty sure somebody is working on a let's play right now.
the game from the first playthrough was good yet short but short as in average flash adventure game playthrough. it's kinda sad that I spend a good time breezing through the first two then end up mashing X on the last one, I don't know if the King starting swing pattern supposed to go start left then half health start right then near death start left. mostly due to Jables is a slow walking character and the time to react to a swing is about as fast as dodging a bullet.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »

@Rumrusher You can see the tentacles leave the side of the screen before they swing, so you have plenty of warning.

I can easily beat the last boss without taking any damage.
Mar
Level 1

Bat-Llama

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 11, 2010, 03:15:04 PM »

yea guys i didn't do the final boss...
 Who, Me?
i may or may not have made ja do it....

"insta-fucking-ly"
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 11, 2010, 11:55:49 PM »

@Rumrusher You can see the tentacles leave the side of the screen before they swing, so you have plenty of warning.

I can easily beat the last boss without taking any damage.
sorry I ment jables controls like steering cloud and that the little animation that tells someone there going to attack isn't enough time to move out of the way or fly up fast enough. that and the hit mercy is so short that you can get hit again before you could get a chance to get out... in other words I had to beat it with out getting hit or I would have to start over.

how many tries did it take to figure out the safe pattern to beat it? After the 15th try I pretty much had to follow a precise way or I would have been killed, compared to the other two where it left a large amount of room for error.
a year into this game really must have some deep in game secrets.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2010, 12:25:27 AM »

I didn't follow a pattern, and I don't think he even has one, aside from attacking more often leter on. I just [spoiler] and shot at him, dodging when he was about to do his attack. I don't see how there wasn't enough warning. The only bit of strategy I used was to wait until after he attacked to [spoiler], because there is a short animation when you [spoiler], and you can't dodge while doing it.
Also, did you shoot him from above or below?
Fireshaw
Level 1

Let's always be stupid forever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2010, 01:23:55 AM »

If you find all the fruit, it's theoretically possible to beat the boss after only one [spoiler].

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic