Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:25:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDemon Sword - an HD-2D indie game, mainly inspired by Devil May Cry
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Demon Sword - an HD-2D indie game, mainly inspired by Devil May Cry  (Read 342 times)
BenLesko90
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2024, 02:06:39 AM »

Hi there, welcome to my Devlog Stream series Smiley

I’m making an HD-2D indie game, mainly inspired by Devil May Cry, Octopath Traveler, and old beat ‘em ups from the '90s.

The project focuses on the remake phenomenon. I believe that the key to developing successful video games nowadays is to know their genre’s origin and principal game mechanics. But games before 2000? They are hard to play. More often than not, the controls feel sluggish and often have certain frustrating tropes due to their technological limitations and more.

My project aims to recreate the fun of the first hack and slash games while it still looks new and fresh. To achieve that I’m using the HD-2D technique, similar to what Square Enix used in Octopath Traveler, fusing 2D pixels together with a 3D environment. The game engine I’m using for this project is Unreal.

I chose YouTube as my platform to stream the development of Demon Sword. I stream every Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10 AM GMT. Feel free to join these streams and talk about games, game design and more!

https://www.youtube.com/@BLesko90/streams

Created, not born.
BenLesko90
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 09:56:59 AM »

After so many streams, I was finally able to make a summary of the first one, detailing the project Smiley

Created, not born.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic