Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:12:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe State of Nowhere
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The State of Nowhere  (Read 367 times)
abel_anomaly
Level 0

My name is Abel. Nice to meet you :)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2024, 12:30:34 PM »

THE STATE OF NOWHERE

A casual single-player simulation game set in a totalitarian state

- Introduction -

First of all, greet you and thank you for taking the time to check out this humble project that I've been developing on my own for a while now. It's developed with GodotEngine, and the entire graphic part is done using Gimp. It's still a work in progress, and for that reason, I've decided to create this devlog where I'll be discussing improvements and implementations of new features in the game that I have planned. But first, let me tell you a bit about my game, what it's about, and how it looks.

- About the game -

In "The State of Nowhere," you take on the role of an employee in a totalitarian state. Your job is to provide food to the citizens, but applying all the controls that the new government of "Maligno" considers. You have a desk to review documentation, scanners to check fingerprints and search for stolen food, a list of prohibited foods from that customer, and other tools to detect irregularities and proceed according to the regulations. Some citizens will try everything to make you ignore their faults. You will encounter thieves, forgers, prostitutes, alcoholics, drug addicts, and it will be up to you to decide what to do. During your work as a state employee, some characters will also visit you in search of certain services that you can either take advantage of or not, to increase your income. You also have an inventory system where you store items that can help you interact with customers and characters. At the end of each workday, you will also have to manage your daily income. Every decision in the game can lead to an ending. Currently, there are just over 30 different endings, and three of them are linked to the main plot of the game. During the development of the story, I decided to add a bit of humor and satirize certain aspects of everyday life. And that's, in broad strokes, the game description.

- Gameplay Trailer -

- Screenshots -

- Planned Improvements -

• Game dynamics, making certain animations faster
  • Color palette for certain elements of the inspection desk
  • Design of inventory item thumbnails
  • Station hover elements

- New Features to Implement -

• Reading errors in products
  • A new element in the station that will allow you to resolve reading errors

- Links -

I will be reporting progress weekly if there is any  Smiley