Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:43:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingConstructive criticism on my aRPG roguelite
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Constructive criticism on my aRPG roguelite  (Read 463 times)
Nauti
Level 0

The confused dev

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2024, 06:29:21 PM »

Hello everyone.

I've been developing an aRPG roguelite over the past two months that takes place in a dark-fantasy world of wizards, magic, and necromancy. I'm looking for some people to playtest the current state of the game, or demo, that I have available to try. Currently, this is very early access but I want to hear some opinions on the game so far and the direction of the game.

You can check out the game's itch.io page here: https://nauti312.itch.io/everheart

Currently I'm looking for feedback on:
  • Game Direction: The systems included in the demo are leveling and spell customization, and some simplified quest and item systems
  • Performance: I want to make sure the game runs smooth enough for everyone, especially in heavy combat situations
  • Difficulty: Does the game feel too difficult or easy overall.
  • Combat smoothness: Do the combat controls feel fluid and smooth?

Here's a couple screenshots of the game to get an idea of what I have in the demo so far:

The demo is fairly short, about a 20-30 minute playthrough for the entire level. The current state of the demo includes the foundation of the combat system, leveling system, spell upgrades, temporary loot system, and a temporary quest system. Many of these systems will be expanded on in the future, but I would love to hear some feedback on the current state of the game to help with future development.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:30:08 PM by Nauti » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 09:02:53 PM »

Hey Nauti,

I played your game

- I have a decently good PC.  It took about 5 minutes for the level to load
- The game looks good.  I really like the shadows
- In the loading screen it told me to press 1-4 to cast different spells.  That didn't seem to work.
- I would love to control my character's movement with WASD
- It seems like the strategy is dodging projectiles.  It's very hard to do with mouse controls
- I got killed pretty soon, then I had to do the 5 minute loading screen again.

I think it has a lot of promise.  I'm looking forward to seeing how things improve.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic