Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:46:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBossMeAround - "not-so-idle" Incremental Action Clicker Game on Office Work
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BossMeAround - "not-so-idle" Incremental Action Clicker Game on Office Work  (Read 353 times)
EvilBunnyMan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2024, 05:13:43 AM »

Hello everyone !

After winning the New Years Incremental Game Jam on Itchi.io, I decided to make BossMeAround a full game.

Starting a DevLog could be an interesting side in this transition, so here it is Smiley

Here's the page of the game if you wish to play it to better understand what I'll be talking about.

BossMeAround

The NYIGJ Version

Just before joining the jam (and after years of game-making errance), I was finally seriously getting into a game engine and loving the experience. I made a 2 months test project where I tried to learn good practices and utilize the more I could of what's Godot has to offer.

Feeling ready to make something, I decided to jump in the first game jam I found interesting.

The NYIGJ2024 was my first game jam. I never played that much incremental games but I sure get the concept of raising numbers and dopamine rush :D

The goal was to make an incremental game from scratch in 2 weeks, that would be judged on Fun, Theme, Uniqueness, Balance.

I will not describe the process of creating the game jam version because this is about the full game, but I ended up winning it, being 1st Overall : 1rst in Fun and Balance, 5th in Uniqueness and theme.
    As of today, the game's got +6400 views and +4300 plays, which makes be a happy bunny Beer!

The feeling of getting people to play this game I put together for the most part alone (a friend of mine did the maths), hearing the music I composed and seeing my ridicule sprites was one of the best feeling ever.

So, lately, I re-wrote all the concept and started the transition.

The Full Game Version : A Preview Of What's To Come
    (some of it already implemented)

I'm planning for ~5 hours Gameplay and to be done in 2 or 3 months.

• Expansion ! From Self-Employed to MegaCorporation
      What this game really needs to be interesting more than 15mn is to be able to buy more office space (as seen in the title video). More offices, but also more rows, meaning a lot more employees to manage while you're others offices are burning (or worse : while your employees are sleeping :O).

• More shop items
      While they were fun in the GameJam version, they did not serve a ton of purpose. In the future, they will be vital as they'll act as modifier for employees stats and to help your resolve events, even when you're not looking at them!

• Departments (to unlock in the shop and then upgrade to get different bonuses)
      • Med Dept. to take care of your employees (meaning get them to tolerate more pressure so they stop flipping you off and stop working so quickly)
      • Accountants Dept. to generate always more money
      • Management Dept. to generate always more work
      • H.R. Dept. to auto-replace quitting employees, have better traits or increase happiness factor
    • Individuality of Employees
      No more shapeless mass of employees ! They deserve their own individuality for you to crush with a ton of work Evil
      • They will have Pressure/Happiness, Fatigue, Entertainment and Health statistics for you to manage carefully, because their Productivity depends on all of that.
      • They will also their own personality with Traits, that will probably be another challenge for you to look at (especially the "hyper-lazy-and-often-sick" kind of trait).

• New types of events
      After the "success" (= pain felt by players) of Rats and Fires, I decided the offices needs a whole lot more troubles for you to resolve
      • Major Events : Risk/reward choices & Challenges (for instance contracts to fulfill in a certain time)
      • Special Events : Mainly goofy/fun things happening
      • More disruptive events (even more stinky than rats)
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:52:41 PM by EvilBunnyMan » Logged

EvilBunnyMan
    Level 0

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 10:09:09 AM »

- All placeables items are now draggables

A simple feature that was sorely lacking in the GameJam version (all items placement were definitive!)

- Items now shows which employees they will influence

Items no longer influence all floor. Depending on their upgrade level, they influence a certain number of employee.
    That features aim towards pushing the player to make choice of where they'll put the objects.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 11:29:32 AM by EvilBunnyMan » Logged

EvilBunnyMan
    Level 0

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 06:43:32 PM »

- Employees now have a statistics panel
    It's pretty ugly for now, but it does what it's supposed to do Tongue

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic