Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 04:28:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMOUTHOLE - Crawl Into Your Mouth
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MOUTHOLE - Crawl Into Your Mouth  (Read 518 times)
anythingnoseproductions
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2024, 06:28:22 AM »

Hello everyone! We're releasing our first game, MOUTHOLE, this april. It's a surreal first-person adventure game about exploring the worlds inside your mouth. We're a duo indie team working on a shoestring budget - we'd be thankful for any marketing / promotional advice as this will be our first release.

It's available to wishlist on Steam now.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2777740/MOUTHOLE

We'd love to hear any thoughts and opinions. We appreciate enormously anyone who checks out the game.

Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh! Waaagh!

HouseInMotion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 04:05:08 PM »

Wishlisted! The game looks amazing, love the maximalism of it all. As someone who also makes surrealistic adventure games, I'm interested in how your team ties all the desperate ideas and images into one coherent package. Or was that not a concern at all? Anyway, excited for the release Smiley
anythingnoseproductions
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 11:40:45 PM »

Thanks so much for wishlisting and for your kind words, it means a lot.

In terms of unifying the game's direction, I wouldn't say it wasn't a concern but it was something we just kept iterating on over development (tying story threads together, alluding to connections etc). For lack of a better phrase we just took it one step at a time until things were feeling coherent.

Great to hear that you make games with a similar vibe, I'd be really interested to see your work! Have you been doing game dev for a while?
HouseInMotion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 01:46:59 PM »

I've been doing game dev for 4 now and just released my 2nd project! Made a post on townhall so feel free to check it out if you want to Smiley I also feel like I have a similar way of tying story themes together, mostly because as soon as I get a concrete outline, I lose a lot of interest in the project as it does constrain me a lot with developing new ideas. But I feel like its still absolutely necessary to do, so the game does not turn to a complete mess. Thats just my experience though. What do you think?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic