Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:17:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMeaty City: top-down shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Meaty City: top-down shooter  (Read 635 times)
SillyWizzard
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2024, 05:35:11 AM »

Greetings. I am developing a game and I will be very glad if someone plays and writes their opinion about it. Any feedback is welcome.
The main focus of the gameplay is quickly killing enemies to increase combos and collect points, which determine the speed of recovery after one hit and the acquisition of abilities. I tried to fit in the combo system organically, so during the game it should not be out of tune with your playstyle.
The game is made with high difficulty and constant replay in mind, but if you think some aspects are unbalanced or too difficult, feel free to write about it.

Download:
itch.io:
https://sillywizzard.itch.io/meaty-city
play in browser:
https://sillywizzard.itch.io/mcweb
gamejolt:
https://gamejolt.com/games/meaty_city/807864
At the moment there is only an exe build, but if someone needs it, I will try to make a version with Linux support.

Screenshots:

Gameplay demonstration:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 01:52:34 PM by SillyWizzard » Logged
Kitarp
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 10:33:08 PM »

I played the game and i found it extremely Hard , also am i suppose to stay in the little area and fight all the enemies?right now i can only kill 5-6 enemies before i die.
SillyWizzard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 11:15:43 PM »

Thank you very much for your feedback. That’s what I was afraid of, I’ve been developing the game for too long and have already gotten used to its mechanics.
If you still have time, can you lower the difficulty of the game in the options and try to play again?
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 09:07:55 PM »

Hey SillyWizzard,

I played your game

- Everything controlled very good

- I had a hard time reading the text

- I had a hard time differentiating the GUI from the level

- I died at this part in the tutorial and had to start totally over.  The hint said something about using a rocket to defeat the enemy.  The enemy ran right at me so my rocket killed me.

- The first combat encounter on the first level was fun.

- I like the brutal deaths

- I couldn't get past this encounter.  I tried 3 or 4 times.
https://ibb.co/0YB1fnt

Nice job!  I think this has a lot of potential
SillyWizzard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 02:09:35 AM »

Thank you very much for playing.
I have already greatly reduced the number of enemies on low difficulty, and also made the medium one a little easier.
Now I will improve the interface. The next update should make it more pleasing to the eye.
SillyWizzard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 02:15:04 PM »

List of changes in the latest update:
-The game has become noticeably easier on easy and medium difficulties:
   -on low difficulty now only 1500 points are enough for treatment (previously it was 3000);-
   -on medium difficulty now only 3000 points are enough for treatment (previously it was 4000);-
   -on low difficulty the number of enemies has noticeably decreased
   -on medium difficulty the number of enemies has also decreased slightly
   -the highest difficulty level is effectively equal to the average in previous versions (I will add a higher difficulty level later)
-Slightly changed the interface design, now it should become more readable.
-Hints are now much more visible and do not hang on the screen after the player has left the area with a question mark.
-I tried to make the main menu more compact and intuitive.
FlyingFreeStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 09:13:11 PM »

Hey there SillyWizard,

Boy, that's fun to say and type.

I gave meat city a bit of a spin and this is my feedback for you.

The Good:

The game play feels smooth, and the movement is responsive.

The art style gives off real 90's cartoon vibes, especially the death animations.

The need to unlock areas with different methods to proceed gives a good sense of progression.

The grapple mechanic is fantastic. I was really enjoying being able to grab out of reach power ups during the chaos.

The Less Good But Fixable!:

The scaling of the UI is off. I was playing on a 1440p screen, and the UI was all bunched up in the centre of the screen. I noticed you are using Unity, which means this is a really easy fix by just setting the scaling mode on your canvas to scale with screen size and setting the reference resolution to 1080p.

As others have mentioned, it's still a bit tough to read some of the messages. A good dark background behind them would fix it right up.

Some of the tiles are a bit busy and can make it a bit hard on the eyes when dashing about and blasting stuff. I found that on level 7, there is a red and white tile that really didn't agree with my eyes hahahahaha.

This is just me being a baby, but I would be cool if you could automatically switch weapons once you run out of ammo. I got caught out by that a few times.

Overall, well done, and keep it up!

Do you like video games? Well, funnily enough, there's something that sometimes resembles them here!

https://flyingfreestudios.itch.io/
SillyWizzard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 09:19:11 AM »

Hey there SillyWizard,

Boy, that's fun to say and type.

I gave meat city a bit of a spin and this is my feedback for you.

The Good:

The game play feels smooth, and the movement is responsive.

The art style gives off real 90's cartoon vibes, especially the death animations.

The need to unlock areas with different methods to proceed gives a good sense of progression.

The grapple mechanic is fantastic. I was really enjoying being able to grab out of reach power ups during the chaos.

The Less Good But Fixable!:

The scaling of the UI is off. I was playing on a 1440p screen, and the UI was all bunched up in the centre of the screen. I noticed you are using Unity, which means this is a really easy fix by just setting the scaling mode on your canvas to scale with screen size and setting the reference resolution to 1080p.

As others have mentioned, it's still a bit tough to read some of the messages. A good dark background behind them would fix it right up.

Some of the tiles are a bit busy and can make it a bit hard on the eyes when dashing about and blasting stuff. I found that on level 7, there is a red and white tile that really didn't agree with my eyes hahahahaha.

This is just me being a baby, but I would be cool if you could automatically switch weapons once you run out of ammo. I got caught out by that a few times.

Overall, well done, and keep it up!

Wow, I didn't expect anyone else to come across this post. Thank you very much for your feedback, I will definitely try to fix the problem with the interface.

I’m already thinking about how to make the background tiles less straining on the eyes, I wanted to just apply a gray filter, but the style suffered from this. I guess by the red and white tiles you meant the texture of the floor in the cafeteria, you are the second person who says that it causes discomfort, it will be the first in line for redrawing.

The weapon does not switch when running out of ammo because I planned a different mechanic for this case.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 10:40:54 AM by SillyWizzard » Logged
FlyingFreeStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 02:49:53 PM »

No problem at all pal! I'm looking forward to trying out your next version.

Do you like video games? Well, funnily enough, there's something that sometimes resembles them here!

https://flyingfreestudios.itch.io/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic