Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:35:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Paid] Level Designer for 2D Platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Paid] Level Designer for 2D Platformer  (Read 327 times)
Cosmocat Games
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2024, 08:51:18 AM »

Hey TIGers, I'm looking for an experienced level designer to collaborate with on an upcoming 2D platformer. It's based on an existing (procedurally generated) game, but I'm looking to focus on hand-made levels for the sequel. I'll share more details (including a demo) when we talk, but in summary I'd say it's like a cross between N++, VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy: short, challenging levels with a focus on survival (vs combat), and some light puzzle elements (mainly, finding the optimal way to traverse a level).

This is a passion project but I'm willing to pay fairly, and up front, for your time. Conversely, if after talking you believe it's a game that you would want to invest in, we could discuss an arrangement that includes rev share.

Job Description
  • Play test existing levels, offer feedback/make adjustments
  • Contribute several new levels of your own (at least 12—for discussion)
  • Propose new level mechanics/hazards
  • Help determine the appropriate order of the levels
  • Other related tasks as necessary

Requirements
  • Prior experience designing levels for 2D games, with at least 1 shipped game
  • A video portfolio showing a few of your level designs, and/or a download link to a game you've worked on

Nice to Have
  • Prior experience with LDtk (level editor), or a willingness to learn it in advance (it has a bit of a learning curve)
  • Prior experience with Unity / ability to help implement (and/or troubleshoot) new mechanics
  • Located +/-6 hours of Eastern time zone (any more than that may be difficult for collaboration, but I won't rule it out)

Feel free to reply or message with questions or portfolios. Email also works: [email protected]

P.S. I'm looking to work with an individual, not an outsource studio. This part is extremely important to me and non-negotiable.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 08:59:04 AM by Cosmocat Games » Logged

Explore the weird and wonderful world of Cosmocat Games
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic